PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing a suppressor through corporation

Dsully
04-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Im setting up a corporation to get my suppressor. I know I will need the articles of incorporation but will I need a EIN number too?

jts_01
04-19-2012, 07:26 PM
http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=97872,00.html

If you operate as a corporation I'm pretty sure you need an EIN

Shyster
04-19-2012, 07:32 PM
Im setting up a corporation to get my suppressor. I know I will need the articles of incorporation but will I need a EIN number too?
Is there a particular reason you wish to do so? There are no advantages of using a corporation over a trust and you will then be required to pay annual fees and have annual reporting requirements.

Dsully
04-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Is there a particular reason you wish to do so? There are no advantages of using a corporation over a trust and you will then be required to pay annual fees and have annual reporting requirements.
I do this all the time as it stands now with the multiple corporations I have. I do have plans for this corporation in the future so I would be setting up anyway. The reason I asked is because I was wondering if I needed to provide a copy of the ein as well as the articles of incorporation to send off for the tax stamp.

Shyster
04-19-2012, 07:51 PM
I do this all the time as it stands now with the multiple corporations I have. I do have plans for this corporation in the future so I would be setting up anyway. The reason I asked is because I was wondering if I needed to provide a copy of the ein as well as the articles of incorporation to send off for the tax stamp.
Of course you know your needs better than I. You will want to get an EIN before submitting your paperwork but that can be done in minutes.

Dsully
04-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Of course you know your needs better than I. You will want to get an EIN before submitting your paperwork but that can be done in minutes.
Thanks.

rjrivero
04-19-2012, 10:21 PM
The BATFE doesn't require an EIN for your corp/LLC in order to transfer NFA firearms.

Dsully
04-20-2012, 04:03 AM
The BATFE doesn't require an EIN for your corp/LLC in order to transfer NFA firearms.
Thanks rj. I was trying to find where they ask for it but all I could find was to send the articles of incorporation. I just want to do this right the first time. Again, thanks