PDA

View Full Version : Cylinder & Slide brand 1911 parts..

joepistol
04-23-2012, 10:00 PM
This is a report on a few 1911 parts I purchased recently for my previously reviewed Rock Island Armory 1911 in 9mm cal.The parts being a replacement trigger & light pull sear spring. Both items were purchased & installed in an attempt to improve the trigger pull on my RIA 1911, unfortunately I didn't measure my trigger pull with the stock parts in place. The pistol had an OK trigger from the factory but I wanted to see if there could be improvment from a simple parts swap. The parts were purchased from Midway using an offer for a birthday discount, so my cost was a few $ less than current posted prices.

Midway calls the trigger:

Cylinder & Slide Lightweight Videki Trigger 1911 Aluminum Silver
Product #: 654720 Cylinder & Slide #: CS181 Cost=$23.99
This part has a 5 star customer review/rating with 23 reviews..

Midway calls the light pull sear spring:

Cylinder & Slide Sear Spring 1911
Product #: 188154 Cylinder & Slide #: CS094 cost =$6.99
"Light Sear reduces the trigger pull approximately 1-1/2 lbs while maintaining a safe spring pressure." is product information given.
This part has a 5 star customer review/rating with 40 reviews .

I chose these specific parts based on the customer reviews. I enjoy reading actual user reviews and prefer these reports on a product, in comparison to claims made by the manufacturer.I found the Cylinder & Slide parts have customer ratings as high or higher than the big name brands. I would agree with the reviewers on both products and rate both parts with a 5 star rating..parts fit,were easy to install, and the trigger has an attractive appearance. After the trigger & light pull sear spring were installer, trigger pull was measured @ 4 1/4# The pull has been lightened, appearance enhanced & the range trip to test function resulted in the tightest, most accurate groups I've shot to date with this pistol.

I would recommend both parts to any 1911 wanting to improve the trigger on their 1911...My opinion/:twocents:..Joepistol..:pistols: