PDA

View Full Version : So I got 2 letters from the ATF today.... and you won't believe this.

HVYMTLMEC
04-25-2012, 11:09 PM
Well what you would expect 2 letters in the same day :woohoo1: ......The first one I open it apparently the CLEO didn't put his title on my form 4 ( my mistake for not reading the fine print.) So another trip to the police station.

But the second letter states the I needed to put the "Original manufactures information in box 4a." Apparently I forgot to put the correct info for my......
7.5 inch barrel 9mm Colt 6450 SBR....then I'm like WTF over and look at the SECOND Form one and it belongs to some guy in New Hampshire :fur3: .

Right there in front of me I can't believe what I am looking at. The ATF sent me someone elses form 1 with all of his information on it.

Keep in mind BOTH letters were address to ME with my home address.

So being the good neighbor yes I am going to call the guy in NH in the morning and let him know that I have his Form 1 and will be sending it to him.
Second thing calling the ATF and informing them of their ERROR.

No I didn't make this up! you just can't make this kind of **** up!

SlowDog
04-26-2012, 12:54 AM
The gov't never ever messes things up. That's why they want to run
EVERYTHING!!:coocoo:

jts_01
04-26-2012, 09:19 AM
Well what you would expect 2 letters in the same day :woohoo1: ......The first one I open it apparently the CLEO didn't put his title on my form 4 ( my mistake for not reading the fine print.) So another trip to the police station.

But the second letter states the I needed to put the "Original manufactures information in box 4a." Apparently I forgot to put the correct info for my......
7.5 inch barrel 9mm Colt 6450 SBR....then I'm like WTF over and look at the SECOND Form one and it belongs to some guy in New Hampshire :fur3: .

Right there in front of me I can't believe what I am looking at. The ATF sent me someone elses form 1 with all of his information on it.

So being the good neighbor yes I am going to call the guy in NH in the morning and let him know that I have his Form 1 and will be sending it to him.

I also had mine returned for the same reason.

They should give you a get to the top of the line free card on your next nfa purchase for doing the right thing with the other guys form :)

sse
04-26-2012, 09:34 AM

That alone is reason enough why national healthcare is preposterous.

who dat
04-26-2012, 09:41 AM
I also had mine returned for the same reason.

They should give you a get to the top of the line free card on your next nfa purchase for doing the right thing with the other guys form :)He'll probably get a fine for reading it. I would just give the NH guy a heads up and send it.

Do not volunteer any info to the ATF. :lipseal:

dougwg
04-26-2012, 09:49 AM
so stupid....

This is how law abiding people act. They do the right thing. And we're the only ones that have to jump through all these dumb hoops in order to own a few toys.

Yet the criminal doesn't do the right thing and obtains toys illegally. The criminal would have taken this info and stole the guys identity.

So **** screwed up.

The atf needs to go.

tote'ngranny
04-26-2012, 11:34 AM
That alone is reason enough why national healthcare is preposterous.
Got that RIGHT!!

tote'ngranny
04-26-2012, 11:35 AM
so stupid....

This is how law abiding people act. They do the right thing. And we're the only ones that have to jump through all these dumb hoops in order to own a few toys.

Yet the criminal doesn't do the right thing and obtains toys illegally. The criminal would have taken this info and stole the guys identity.

So **** screwed up.

The atf needs to go.
Yep!!!!

sinder_83
04-26-2012, 12:06 PM
Delete.

Ihsahn
04-26-2012, 01:11 PM

True story

steve243
04-26-2012, 07:42 PM

JEZZZZZZZ what a joke.

trapdoorman
05-01-2012, 12:45 AM

Just curious, how long after you first sent in your form 4 did the ATF finally get around to letting you know that one rediculous little detail wasn't included?
I'm sure many of us are wondering how long the form 4's sit in the
in-box before someone finally looks at them.

Hope they don't make you go to the start of the line. Bet you can just scream right now. :banghead:

Easyrider49
05-01-2012, 02:53 AM

I would make copies and send them to your representatives showing what good jobs OUR employees are doing .

HVYMTLMEC
05-01-2012, 03:05 AM
Just curious, how long after you first sent in your form 4 did the ATF finally get around to letting you know that one rediculous little detail wasn't included?
I'm sure many of us are wondering how long the form 4's sit in the
in-box before someone finally looks at them.

Hope they don't make you go to the start of the line. Bet you can just scream right now. :banghead:

I sent it in November 16th of last year. So I am guessing it should have been during the aproval since others that sent thiers around that same time are now getting their approvals back. :hot:

HVYMTLMEC
05-04-2012, 02:26 AM
My form 4 is back in their hands. I did call them and was told it will go back into the pile from where it came not to the bottom (6 months) apparently the ATF has hired additional people to process paperwork. So if all goes maybe I will have it back next week. Who knows. :shrugs:

I also asked to confirm about eliminating the required signature from the police chief. I was told it is in the works but will still be sometime before this happens.

GLOCKME
05-17-2012, 06:24 AM
I thought I heard that regions/states were supposed to have their own examiners??
Guess this would show otherwise.

Dansjeep2000
05-17-2012, 08:55 AM
I thought I heard that regions/states were supposed to have their own examiners??
Guess this would show otherwise.
They have hired additional stuff the do the basic stuff allowing the designated examiners to concentrate on back ground checks to speed the process. All approvals in Michigan will be done by Christina Farris.