PDA

View Full Version : Constitutional Carry Rally in Lansing May, 19

SeeTee
04-26-2012, 11:20 AM
MGO will Officially support and attend the Constitutional Carry Rally in Lansing.

Here is the itinerary for the May 19, Constitutional Carry Rally in Lansing.

Link to the CLSD web page for the event;

http://www.citizensleaguesd.com/p/constitutional-carry-rally.html (http://www.citizensleaguesd.com/p/constitutional-carry-rally.html)

Noon-12:15: The Band-High Class Truckers

12:15-12:20: Welcome and intro Brian Jeffs—John Roshek

12:20-12:30: Brian Jeffs

12:30-12:35: Intro For Michael Trebesh

12:35-12:45: Michael Trebesh

12:45-1:00: High Class Truckers

1:00-1:05: Intro for Michael Thiede

1:05-1:15: Michael Thiede- MGO VP-AKA-“Tallbear”

1:15-1:30: High Class Truckers

1:30-1:35: Intro for John Roshek

1:35-1:50: John Roshek

1:50-1:55: Intro for DocThompson

1:55-2:10: Doc Thompson

2:10-2:15: Intro forLarry Pratt

2:15-2:45: Larry Pratt- Executive Director, Gun Owners of America

2:45-3:00: High Class Truckers

Budget
04-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Cool, I'm definitely gonna try to make this one. Let us know more details as they come/

cmike
05-03-2012, 09:31 PM
Who are the speakers?

Tallbear
05-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Who are the speakers?

Link to the CLSD web page for the event;

http://www.citizensleaguesd.com/p/constitutional-carry-rally.html (http://www.citizensleaguesd.com/p/constitutional-carry-rally.html)

12:15-12:20: Welcome and intro Brian Jeffs—John Roshek

12:20-12:30: Brian Jeffs

12:30-12:35: Intro For Michael Trebesh

12:35-12:45: Michael Trebesh

12:45-1:00: High Class Truckers

1:00-1:05: Intro for Michael Thiede

1:05-1:15: Michael Thiede- MGO VP-AKA-“Tallbear”

1:15-1:30: High Class Truckers

1:30-1:35: Intro for John Roshek

1:35-1:50: John Roshek

1:50-1:55: Intro for DocThompson

1:55-2:10: Doc Thompson

2:10-2:15: Intro forLarry Pratt

2:15-2:45: Larry Pratt- Executive Director, Gun Owners of America

cmike
05-04-2012, 07:46 AM
Thank you

pustulio
05-14-2012, 09:29 PM
ammoland.com/2011/03/02/constitutional-carry-now-the-law-in-wyoming/#axzz1uo5Va7y7 thought this was an interesting read and figured I'd share it.

forrest0872
05-14-2012, 11:58 PM
I won't be able to attend, (sadly) I have a training class that day. I am confident that our friends here (MGO and MOC) will do a great job representing our desire for a full restoration of our 2nd amendment rights here in MI.

forrest -

SeeTee
05-15-2012, 11:07 AM
Anybody going to the rally that would like to help man the MGO booth? we could use a little help setting up too if anybody is willing to get there a little early, let me know or post it here if you can help out.

gjgalligan
05-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Anybody form the Lapeer/Oxford area going?
I would be interested in going. I have no idea where the event takes place or where to park.
If somebody can give a map online it might help.

I have not been in Lansing in years and never anywhere the area this is going on.

SeeTee
05-16-2012, 08:58 PM
As far as the lansing area, if you click on the link in the OP to the CLSD page you will find maps of the area and parking info. note there are a few parking lots that are posted no firearms allowed.

The event will be held at the state Capitol. on the east side lawn.

IndustrialRescue
05-17-2012, 05:09 PM
The ******** with the dems trying to repeal our right to self defense has forced my hand. I will NOT be attending the State Delegate Convention. I WILL see you guys Saturday, with my Garand, a couple buddies, and possibly a few extra rifles to hand out.

eric1917
05-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Look forward to seeing you all on Saturday.

SeeTee
05-19-2012, 01:00 AM
Just one more call for help at the MGO table, just come on up to the east side of the Capitol, we will not be hard to spot, if you are early we could use some help setting up too.
I hope to see a lot of MGO people there, be sure to at least stop by and say hello!

SeeTee
05-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Great day in Lansing, nice to meet more MGO members, and meet some other great people standing up for gun rights.

Just a few pictures for now, I will be working to get the video up on youtube, but that is going take awhile.

MGO table

http://i46.tinypic.com/6h25g6.jpg

CLSD table

http://i48.tinypic.com/25thzsn.jpg

L to R DOC Thompson, Mike Thiede ( Tallbear )MGO VP., John Roshek, CLSD Pres.

Larry Pratt, Gun Owners of America Pres.

http://i47.tinypic.com/xmqwso.jpg

DOC Thompson, Tallbear, Brian Jeffs, Larry Pratt

http://i48.tinypic.com/2yyuuyb.jpg

dmo8361
05-19-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm starting to wonder if you are stalking me SeeTee. Good seeing you again, maybe we can do this a little more often then every three years or so.:biggrin: Met some old friends and made a few new ones. Hoped for a better turnout, but it is what it is

G36 Shooter
05-19-2012, 08:55 PM
My wife and dog and I had a good time today. Great to see fellow citizens standing up for their rights. Maybe will see more OCers this summer. Kudos to all. Let FREEDOM ring!

mopedman
05-20-2012, 08:36 AM
Looks awesome guys. Sorry I couldn't make it.

Tallbear
05-20-2012, 08:49 AM
http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20120520/NEWS01/305200120/1002/NEWS01?nclick_check=1

Tallbear
05-20-2012, 09:00 AM
http://www.upnorthlive.com/news/story.aspx?id=755853#.T7j4jFJOIuc

Tallbear
05-20-2012, 09:01 AM
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Gun-rights-supporters-rally-for-new-Mich-law/-/1719418/13491692/-/5r7yt9/-/index.html

Tallbear
05-20-2012, 09:02 AM
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120519/METRO/205190365/1409/rss36

Shadow Bear
05-20-2012, 09:10 AM
http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/...rs_promot.html

LANSING, MI — Gun rights activists from throughout Michigan gathered at the Capitol on Saturday to promote easing restrictions on carrying firearms.
The group wants Michigan to become a “constitutional carry” state, where concealed weapon licenses are not required and there generally aren’t restrictions on how or where guns are carried. Vermont, Alaska, Arizona and Wyoming have similar laws.
“What we are trying to accomplish by this rally and future and ongoing efforts, is having our Second Amendment rights restored back to their original intent as laid out in our Constitution by our Founding Fathers,” said John Roshek, president of the Citizens League for Self Defense.
“I don’t know about you, but personally I find it a little absurd that I can walk down the street, I can lawfully open carry, but if I want to put my coat on because it's cold or If I want to get in my car, I have to get a permission slip from the state and I have to pay a fee on top of that,” he said to a crowd of about 100 people as the rally kicked off Saturday afternoon.
Michigan allows residents to openly carry legally owned firearms without a license except for in certain pistol-free areas. There also are restrictions on transporting guns without a license. Concealed pistol license holders may carry guns hidden from view in certain areas.
Lawmakers are considering a major overhaul of the concealed handgun law that would streamline licensing and allow permit holders with extra training to carry hidden handguns in “gun-free” zones like schools, college classrooms, and other places they are now banned.
Related: Sweeping changes proposed for Michigan concealed handgun law
Grand Rapids resident Tim Beahan, 54, supports the legislation.
“Right now we have a patchwork of agencies that are taking care of the concealed pistol licenses and unfortunately there’s no consistency,” he said, adding that some jurisdictions take much longer to administer licenses than others.
But given the choice, he’d prefer Michigan remove restrictions and become the fifth “constitutional carry” state. Beahan and his wife, Sandra, said they open carry to protect themselves from people who may view them as an easy target.
Those in favor of gun control say stricter regulations save lives and help keep guns away from dangerous people. Constitutional carry supporters say just the opposite.
“It will not increase crime, and very likely, in places like Detroit where they’ve had great restrictions and in other anti-Second Amendment jurisdictions, you’re going to see crime go down, because the crooks are going to know, ‘Uh oh, he might be carrying, she might be carrying,’” said Larry Pratt, executive director of Gun Owners of America, a national lobby group based in Springfield, Va.
For 14-year-old Bretta Overly of Lansing and her friend, Alexis Farmer, 13, of Grand Ledge, both said they feel safer knowing their fathers have guns.
They also plan to carry firearms when they’re old enough. Michigan residents must be 18 to openly carry and 21 to apply for a concealed pistol license.
Jeremiah Chesney, 22, of Jackson, said he carries his shotgun down the street to desensitize the public.
“There are some people who react very strongly and negatively, but I think the more that people see firearms carried peacefully, the less they’ll expect sort of action-movie things to happen,” he said. “I think there are a lot of people whose only exposure to firearms is through violence in films. I don’t think that’s constructive.”

Shadow Bear
05-20-2012, 09:26 AM
Note to all- its about HUMAN rights, not GUN rights. Guns have no rights, HUMANS do. We've been duped by the forces of darkness to use their terminology. Lets switch the the correct name for the problem- we're being deprived of our HUMAN RIGHTS.

Shadow Bear
05-20-2012, 09:34 AM
http://www.wlns.com/story/18563507/constitutional-carry-rally-draws-dozens-of-weapon-bearing-citizens-to-capitol

LANSING, Mich. (WLNS) – More than 100 people with their guns on display gathered on Saturday at the state capitol to voice their belief in their right the bear arms. It was all part of a Constitutional Carry rally sponsored by the Citizens League for Self-Defense.

John Rosek, the organization's president, says Constitutional Carry simply means using the second amendment as the only guide for carrying a concealed weapon – even without a permit or license.

"We want to get all pistol-free zones, concealed pistol license laws repealed. We want to go back to the original intent as laid out in our constitution in regards to the second amendment," says Rosek.

Others at the rally say they also believe that Constitutional Carry will help cut down on crime.

"The criminals are going to have guns regardless. If they see other people with guns, they're going to be less likely to use them," says Jim Gulliksen of the Michigan Militia.

Currently, only four states nationwide have adopted Constitutional Carry. Having this as law would allow concealed weapons in places like churches, banks, theaters, hospitals and day care centers.

Right now in Michigan, anyone wishing to carry concealed weapons must apply and be approved for a CPL (concealed pistol license).

SeeTee
05-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Interesting 3 of the articles are the same cut and paste.
dmo, it is not stalking, it is just a case of someone who moves like a ninja has to jump in front of any camera lens they see :) oh yea, in review you made it into yet one more picture that was not posted!

XDM 40 cal
05-20-2012, 11:55 AM
Link to MIlive not working right...

I hope this moves gunownership in the right direction...:thumbup:

Shadow Bear
05-20-2012, 12:59 PM
Interesting 3 of the articles are the same cut and paste.
dmo, it is not stalking, it is just a case of someone who moves like a ninja has to jump in front of any camera lens they see :) oh yea, in review you made it into yet one more picture that was not posted!

Three duplicate articles, three opportunities to post comments!:medsmile:

Tallbear
05-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Another article needing our "comments"....

http://www.democraticunderground.com/117239492

http://www.dailytribune.com/article/20120519/NEWS03/120519473/gun-rights-supporters-rally-for-new-michigan-law

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/05/20/rally-calls-for-law-that-allows-carrying-of-concealed-guns-anywhere-in-state-without-permit/

IndustrialRescue
05-21-2012, 07:38 AM
I just want to see more of the HOT brunnete reporter!:hearthro:

dmo8361
05-21-2012, 10:00 AM
I just want to see more of the HOT brunnete reporter!:hearthro:

The one that looked liked she weighed about 90 pounds? lol:lol:

IndustrialRescue
05-21-2012, 10:24 AM
The one that looked liked she weighed about 90 pounds? lol:lol:
Lol, not her. The taller one, with the video camera. Interviewed the morbidly obese guy in the blue shirt, among others. LOL! The Filipina girl didn't look too bad, and the brunette just walking around doing interviews was cute too. But the brunette in the red shirt was beautiful!

The militia folks were hilarious, as always. Several so badly out of shape, that the only use they'd have in a SHTF scenario, is soaking up bullets, and providing cover/concealment. LOL! Only one rifle possibly capable of making hits past 200 yards. I noticed that a LOT of people segregated themselves from the militia personnel.

Damn we are all a sorry lot. It would have been interesting to see what it would have looked like if more people had shown up.

I noticed for the most part, that folks used decent holsters, although there were quite a few, who used the crappy "one size sort of fits" cheap airsoft holsters.

And more often than not, the 1911 carriers either had an empty gun, empty chamber, or were insanely stupid, and left the hammer down on a live round. Does nobody know how to "cock and lock?" Even the few carrying black powder single action revolvers at least had the common sense to put them at half cock. I'm not sure if they used an empty chamber or not.

All in all, the speakers were alright, although they were really just preaching to the choir. I suppose I could have had more fun doing something else, but I can't imagine I wasted my day by going. If nothing else, sitting back and observing did provide quite a lot of entertainment.

Leader
05-21-2012, 10:34 AM
Lol, not her. The taller one, with the video camera. Interviewed the morbidly obese guy in the blue shirt, among others. LOL! The Filipina girl didn't look too bad, and the brunette just walking around doing interviews was cute too. But the brunette in the red shirt was beautiful!

The militia folks were hilarious, as always. Several so badly out of shape, that the only use they'd have in a SHTF scenario, is soaking up bullets, and providing cover/concealment. LOL! Only one rifle possibly capable of making hits past 200 yards. I noticed that a LOT of people segregated themselves from the militia personnel.

Damn we are all a sorry lot. It would have been interesting to see what it would have looked like if more people had shown up.

I noticed for the most part, that folks used decent holsters, although there were quite a few, who used the crappy "one size sort of fits" cheap airsoft holsters.

And more often than not, the 1911 carriers either had an empty gun, empty chamber, or were insanely stupid, and left the hammer down on a live round. Does nobody know how to "cock and lock?" Even the few carrying black powder single action revolvers at least had the common sense to put them at half cock. I'm not sure if they used an empty chamber or not.

All in all, the speakers were alright, although they were really just preaching to the choir. I suppose I could have had more fun doing something else, but I can't imagine I wasted my day by going. If nothing else, sitting back and observing did provide quite a lot of entertainment.

I sure wish we could have set up a mandatory inspection station with you as the inspector. Then we wouldn't have embarrassed ourselves so bad .
Get people dressed right, proper holsters and guns. and the ones that don't meet your standards, don't allow them to own a gun or go to any functions.
That would be GREAT.

Shadow Bear
05-21-2012, 10:44 AM
I sure wish we could have set up a mandatory inspection station with you as the inspector. Then we wouldn't have embarrassed ourselves so bad .
Get people dressed right, proper holsters and guns. and the ones that don't meet your standards, don't allow them to own a gun or go to any functions.
That would be GREAT.

I'd be happy if they just turned on the lights BEFORE they got dressed. A full length mirrors is good, too. I think a number of people might be discouraged from attending because of the appearance of some.

We're trying to win the hearts & minds of the average Joe and Jane. Lets be mindful of that when we go out.

IndustrialRescue
05-21-2012, 10:54 AM
I'd be happy if they just turned on the lights BEFORE they got dressed. A full length mirrors is good, too. I think a number of people might be discouraged from attending because of the appearance of some.

We're trying to win the hearts & minds of the average Joe and Jane. Lets be mindful of that when we go out.

An EXCELLENT point. Most of us there DEFINITELY fell into the stereotypical "scruffy redneck with guns" category. I'm sure I did, too. I trimmed my goatee, but I certainly fall under the definition of scruffy.

I really don't think we won any hearts OR minds of Joe or Jane this past Saturday.

I'm sure the results would be quite suprising if we actually shaved, got haircuts, or wore a suit. And it would appear that some folks have yet to hear of this nifty practice some of us indulge in, called "bathing."

Obviously, somebody missed my tongue in cheek/sarcasm.

But I will stand my ground on my view of the militia folks as being generally sloppy and overweight.

IndustrialRescue
05-21-2012, 10:58 AM
That would be GREAT.

The only inspection I'd be remotely interested in, is making sure folks are carrying in a safe manner. Single actions, with the hammer down on a live round, do not constitute a safe condition.

I was merely posting my observations, and experience from the event.

Garymac
05-27-2012, 12:35 PM
So the papers say about 100 people showed up? 100 people in a state of what 7 million. And how many MGOers showed up?

A hundred people is pathetic. We need at least 10,000 people to show at one of these rallies to make a statement.

I am ashamed of myself for not getting off my fat ass to go to this rally.

G36 Shooter
05-27-2012, 07:22 PM
So why did you not show up?

pustulio
06-14-2012, 10:29 PM
has there been anyone following up in regards to the rally? Do we have any capacity to move forward with the cause? Excited by the idea!

IndustrialRescue
06-15-2012, 05:55 AM
has there been anyone following up in regards to the rally? Do we have any capacity to move forward with the cause? Excited by the idea!

There's no "s" at the end of "regard."

Barrettone
06-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Grammar Nazi Alert...LOL:p

IndustrialRescue
06-15-2012, 10:10 AM
Grammar Nazi Alert...LOL:p

Jawohl!