PDA

View Full Version : HB 4591 PFZ exemption

Tallbear
05-04-2012, 08:54 AM
HB 4591 of 2011 (http://www.legislature.mi.gov/mileg.aspx?page=getobject&objectname=2011-HB-4591)
Weapons; other; no-carry zone violations; require compliance by individuals licensed out of state. Amends secs. 5k & 5o of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.425k & 28.425o).
Last Action: 5/3/2012 referred to second reading

luckless
05-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Once again, government is working hard to take care of their own! I guess the republicans only want votes from law enforcement officers. This legislation stinks!

Tallbear
05-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Once again, government is working hard to take care of their own! I guess the republicans only want votes from law enforcement officers. This legislation stinks!

I testified on behalf of MGO on this and four other bills yesterday in Lansing.

MGO opposed this bill.

luckless
05-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Unfortunately, that is my representative sponsoring this bill.

langenc
05-21-2012, 06:52 PM
Unfortunately, that is my representative sponsoring this bill.

Have you made an appt to meet with him next time he is in the area?? Do so and let him explain why his bill is so good. Then tell him what you/we want.

And they do work to take care of their own. I knew a fellow who had been a MSP officer a 'long time ago' and then to the Dept of Labor for 20+ yrs. He had been retired for years and his "EXEMPT" box was checked. This was when CPLs first went shall issue (10 yrs ago)..

luckless
05-21-2012, 08:30 PM
Have you made an appt to meet with him next time he is in the area?? Do so and let him explain why his bill is so good. Then tell him what you/we want.

I have spoken with him, in person, about this a few times. I think there are multiple, political reasons for his decision to push this. I am sure he would support legislation that we would find more palatable as well.

gjgalligan
05-22-2012, 07:55 AM
Just emailed Rep. Daley showing my disappointment over his vote for it:

I am very disappointed that you voted in favor of this bill. You should be trying to stop this "second class citizen" movement. I feel like you think I am not as good as them because I had to take the training.
The veterans and active duty military people have NOT had any training on the firearm laws of MIchigan, why would they be special?

It is time to get rid of the county gun boards and the PFZ's that are in the current law for all CPL holders.
I am also in favor of getting rid of gun registration, most other states do not have it.