PDA

View Full Version : RAVEN CONCEALMENT-CUSTOMER SERVICE

sparkman10mm
05-04-2012, 06:13 PM
RAVEN is ready to ROCK!
I ordered a "Quick Ship" Phantom for my newly ordered
M&Pc (have not taken possesion yet) on Monday, I received an email
This afternoon (whilst enjoying a Bells micro..) that my holster was
"Ready"...Wow!...What a great end to the work week!!

Tom Fineis and crew are amped up for M&P/Shields!

Tom and crew have always taken care of me...but ..WOW..
This is over the top...The Raven guys have gotten thier excrement
aligned BIG TIME....
NOTE: My holster was Coyote, MD cut on body shield...not a
cookie cutter black basic cut...
To say the least...I am impressed..

Thank you TF and Crew!

tote'ngranny
05-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Gotta agree. My holster arrived in the mail today !!

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb114/kris7047th/IMG_1207.jpg

sparkman10mm
05-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Gotta agree. My holster arrived in the mail today !!

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb114/kris7047th/IMG_1207.jpg
Sweet Kris!
I wish I was skinny enough to need the concealability of a Shield...

AND I got a Compact for less than Shield would be...

And I own about 20 M&P9 mags...:)

Bottom line. RAVEN Rocks. (Tommy too!)

sparkman10mm
05-04-2012, 07:32 PM
I should have ordered the soft loops also...

Wolvee
05-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Great to hear. :bounce2:

tote'ngranny
05-04-2012, 09:29 PM
I should have ordered the soft loops also...
I did. They are the best soft loops on the market. They wear like iron. I bought a set when they first came out and still look like new .. no belt wear.

JDG
05-05-2012, 05:48 PM
I did. They are the best soft loops on the market. They wear like iron. I bought a set when they first came out and still look like new .. no belt wear.
How many sets did you try?

TomE
05-05-2012, 06:47 PM
:cheers:

tote'ngranny
05-05-2012, 10:00 PM
The standard soft loops are much thicker and pretty much the same across the board with the kydex holsters that use soft loops for IWB. Two years ago I looked at what was available in kydex and settled on IWB Blade Tech w/soft loops. The old style Raven and Blade tech are identical and I used both. Both soft loops didn't hold up nearly as well as Raven's new style. The new style Raven are much thinner, but tougher and don't wear at the edges from the belt like the old style does over a period of time.

JDG
05-06-2012, 07:25 AM
The standard soft loops are much thicker and pretty much the same across the board with the kydex holsters that use soft loops for IWB. Two years ago I looked at what was available in kydex and settled on IWB Blade Tech w/soft loops. The old style Raven and Blade tech are identical and I used both. Both soft loops didn't hold up nearly as well as Raven's new style. The new style Raven are much thinner, but tougher and don't wear at the edges from the belt like the old style does over a period of time.
So they really may be the best on the planet... :mrgreen:

I do like thin!!

tote'ngranny
05-06-2012, 01:38 PM

I do like thin!!
Don't know about the planet, but they wear/last much longer than the other two sets of standard (thick rubbery like) soft loops that I have. Raven's soft loops are at least half the thickness.

Tom Fineis
05-07-2012, 09:26 AM

Good post and fully understood.

Our soft loops are a Kevlar lined polymer that is thinner and much more durable than most other soft loops. We were the pioneers in bringing this specific material to holster attachments. We're confident comparing them to any other soft loop out there in terms of durability and use.

They are more expensive than some others on the market, but these will last indefinitely longer. I can't give you an expected life cycle with them, because our first prototypes from three years ago still look brand new. The snaps will wear out long before the material will.

With aggressive gun belts (like the Ares Gear Ranger), I've shredded through other loops in a matter of months.

sparkman10mm
05-24-2012, 03:24 PM
RAVEN is ready to ROCK!
I ordered a "Quick Ship" Phantom for my newly ordered
M&Pc (have not taken possesion yet) on Monday, I received an email
This afternoon (whilst enjoying a Bells micro..) that my holster was
"Ready"...Wow!...What a great end to the work week!!

Tom Fineis and crew are amped up for M&P/Shields!

Tom and crew have always taken care of me...but ..WOW..
This is over the top...The Raven guys have gotten thier excrement
aligned BIG TIME....
NOTE: My holster was Coyote, MD cut on body shield...not a
cookie cutter black basic cut...
To say the least...I am impressed..

Thank you TF and Crew!

I took delivery today, three weeks for Quick Ship..
Outstanding!

Corona
06-03-2012, 08:34 AM
I have the same set-up. Very nice!

Pita
06-05-2012, 09:31 AM

I do like thin!!

They are the best.

mcintosh
07-18-2012, 07:23 PM
Raven really is amazing.
I ordered a Light compatible fullsize MP9 holster on 3/29 and it shipped on 4/20. A ridiculous improvement from the wait time on my first raven holster.

The best part is that when the holster didn't ride just right (because I forgot to order the 'skinny guy' option) I just had to send it back with a few bucks to cover return shipping. I had it back and fitting perfectly in a couple weeks.

I can't say enough good things about Tom and all of the crew at RCS. (but they really need a VG2 for the M&P.;))

sparkman10mm
07-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Copy that on the M&P VG2....I know they will offer it when its READY..not before its perfected.
Soon, I hope....

dougwg
07-18-2012, 11:57 PM
Needed a custom holster made.
put the order in
About 45 mins later I had it in my hot little hands.

Tried it out for a few days and shipped it to FL along with the gun today.

Raven is the bestest!

Dsully
07-19-2012, 04:46 AM
Needed a custom holster made.
put the order in
About 45 mins later I had it in my hot little hands.

Tried it out for a few days and shipped it to FL along with the gun today.

Raven is the bestest!
That didn't happen to be for Costa... Did it? :)

DetroitStyle
07-25-2012, 11:46 PM
But seriously... Which Bell's?

Sniper21
07-26-2012, 03:57 AM
Raven really is amazing.
I ordered a Light compatible fullsize MP9 holster on 3/29 and it shipped on 4/20. A ridiculous improvement from the wait time on my first raven holster.

The best part is that when the holster didn't ride just right (because I forgot to order the 'skinny guy' option) I just had to send it back with a few bucks to cover return shipping. I had it back and fitting perfectly in a couple weeks.

I can't say enough good things about Tom and all of the crew at RCS. (but they really need a VG2 for the M&P.;))
What's the skinny guy option??

Tom Fineis
07-26-2012, 09:17 AM
If your waist is 32" or smaller, we can do a "Skinny Guy Bend" which forms the edges in a bit more to fit a smaller waist.

sparkman10mm
07-26-2012, 05:32 PM
But seriously... Which Bell's?
IIRC...Two Hearted..

musashi
07-26-2012, 06:05 PM
If your waist is 32" or smaller, we can do a "Skinny Guy Bend" which forms the edges in a bit more to fit a smaller waist.

I wondered my one of my holsters did not fit well! I have one for a mp9c that the front of it absolutely does not contour well at all. It sticks out when at the 3 oclock on my waist. I move it back a few inches and it is fine. Next one I order should I just put that in the comments box?

I had an issue with raven once. I was just outside of my wait time and posted in a thread about borrowing gear for a class. Tom jumped right in and expedited my delivery. Stand up guy if you ask me. I can't speak of the quality of other companies holsters, but the customer service from Raven is why I'll keep shopping with them. Anyone can make a product, it takes a REAL company to stand behind it and support you AFTER the purchase.

Tom Fineis
07-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Yep, comments box is perfect.

We can tweak that one you have if you want. Email me if you would like to do that.

Eliminator
08-27-2012, 12:36 PM
This sounds like it would be the same problem Im having with mine. Absolutely love my holster however Im a small guy. About a 30 inch waist. My holster has to stay at my 7 o'clock (Yes, Im wrong handed) otherwise it shows through pretty bad. Other than that, the guys at RCS are great! Ive ordered 2 holsters from them and look forward to ordering a mag holder soon.

PaulB84
08-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Went to order a custom piece from Raven and was given a $.50 alternative that works as well or better as the $40-$60 I woulda spend.

They truly care more about your skin than your money.

JohnJak
08-30-2012, 05:06 PM
The best in Plastic holsters.

ekick
09-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Would the "skinny guy bend" be useful if you want to carry a standard holster (10 degree cant) at 3:00? I know that's not what the canted holsters are designed to do, but I can still carry right on the hip pretty comfortably as it is, it just seems like the edges could use a little bit more curvature.

Tom Fineis
09-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Would the "skinny guy bend" be useful if you want to carry a standard holster (10 degree cant) at 3:00? I know that's not what the canted holsters are designed to do, but I can still carry right on the hip pretty comfortably as it is, it just seems like the edges could use a little bit more curvature.
Yes, if you are carrying directly on your hip bone the SGB may be useful for you.

ReverendBimmer
09-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Raven does have their stuff together. Although it took what felt like forever to get my Glock 19 holster, once I got it their customer service was excellent. Love the holster too!

Dsully
10-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Thanks Tom and everyone from Raven. My holster arrived yesterday and now I can complete my belt. It's perfect

http://www.walkingheavy.com/pics/raven1.jpg
http://www.walkingheavy.com/pics/raven2.jpg
http://www.walkingheavy.com/pics/raven3.jpg

tote'ngranny
10-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Son .. you are one skinny dude .. lol

Bet there are a few guys very jealous of you, but will advise that you gain a few so that you can carry more on your belt? J/K

Great looking holster .. has a different loop system ?

Dsully
10-07-2012, 10:45 AM

Bet there are a few guys very jealous of you, but will advise that you gain a few so that you can carry more on your belt? J/K

Haha. I'm about 6' and 215 lbs. :) small waist.

I bought some other attachments from here

http://www.bawidamann.com/shop/Shenanigans%20%3E%20(PUP)%20Pals%20Universal%20Pla tforms/mini-pup-set/

Works great

Ruger
10-07-2012, 10:46 AM

For the record jealously is a woman thing! Real men don't have the jealous gene in their DNA.

tote'ngranny
10-07-2012, 11:28 AM
For the record jealously is a woman thing! Real men don't have the jealous gene in their DNA.
I was kidding :-D

JDG
10-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Thats a beautiful peach colored holster!

Dsully
10-07-2012, 07:33 PM
That's coyote :biggrin:

JohnJak
10-08-2012, 06:05 AM
That's coyote :biggrin:
If you say so.

seery
10-08-2012, 10:30 AM

+1 ...or it could be an OLN colored holster.

Old Lady Nylons. :biggrin:

Dsully
10-08-2012, 10:36 AM
+1 ...or it could be an OLN colored holster.

Old Lady Nylons. :biggrin:
What's not tacticool about that?

JDG
10-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Delete