PDA

View Full Version : Batteries Plus Birmingham..

nrich1979
05-14-2012, 10:56 PM
So I wanted to put a new battery in my red dot and I did a bit of research none of the places I would have thought would carry the battery did..

I didn't want to order it online and pay shipping..

So I called them up..

Asked them if I could bring the gun in and have the batteries replaced..

They were more then enthusiastic about the opportunity..

All sorts of questions about the gun, which kind of guns to get, what would a person want to start with, where do I go..

They were like kids in a candy store..

Anyhow for 3 dollars I got the battery replaced and the chance to meet some really cool people..

I will gladly go back there again for things..

Korey5640
05-15-2012, 11:40 AM
Don't know why you had to bring in the whole firearm but whatever your reason, cool of them to let you do that. I've been in there twice for batteries. Once for batteries for my TLR-1 and then again for my Aimpoint. Both times they assumed it was camera related and asked what kind of camera I had, when I told them what it was really for they seemed interested to hear all the details about what it was and what it was for.

Good to know that my feeling that the employees were gun-friendly was right. I'll continue to give them my business. :thumbup:

Just make sure not to open carry it into the store, Birmingham PD might bring you up on charges.:hide:

nrich1979
05-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Don't know why you had to bring in the whole firearm but whatever your reason, cool of them to let you do that.

Oh the red dot scope was on the gun, and I didn't feel like taking it apart just to replace a battery if I didn't have to..

Either way, Barry and company were awesome..

rambro
05-18-2012, 05:54 PM
nothing to add about the store, but this guy seems like an easy recruit, get him on here, involved in 2a stuff, and get some guns in his hands at a shoot, clean up, full auto night at chewies place, lend him some guns if he meets up with you etc.

He sounds like he is busting at the seams with gun-thusiasm. Point him in the right direction, and send him off with a full wallet.

langenc
06-25-2012, 02:32 PM
Guns Galore here he comes.

metalmike
07-16-2012, 11:14 PM
The guys over there are great. They help my friends and coworkers and I with alot of our battery troubles in laptops...very honest and enthusiastic people!

Glad you had a cool experience