PDA

View Full Version : SilencerCo Customer Service

Dansjeep2000
05-19-2012, 09:52 AM
I really feel like everyone should know this.

I ordered an adapter and some spare O-Rings for my Sparrow From SilencerCo Monday, everything showed in stock so I figured I would have it Friday or Saturday. I sent them a Email Thursday and asked if they had a tracking # so I could check on the progress. Turns out the were out of thread protectors for the adapter and it would ship Monday. I let them know I had made some plans and was counting on it being here for the weekend. Steve Nelson at SilencerCo Pulled a thread protector from one of his personal guns and next day aired it to me at not extra expense.

This conversation happened Thursday at 5pm, I had the part in my hand Friday at 2pm from Utah. Plus they gave me a free T-Shirt for the trouble.

They have earned a life long customer in me, I wish all companies had this kind of Customer Service.

So moral of the story? BIG +1 for SilencerCo they are great people!!!!!!

dougwg
05-19-2012, 10:50 AM
Agreed

Taczubb
05-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Steve Nelson at SilencerCo Pulled a thread protector from one of his personal guns and next day aired it to me at not extra expense.

This conversation happened Thursday at 5pm, I had the part in my hand Friday at 2pm from Utah. Plus they gave me a free T-Shirt for the trouble.

He sold you a used part at MSRP and gave you a free t-shirt to boot? Sounds like a great deal to me.

rjrivero
05-19-2012, 12:38 PM
He sold you a used part at MSRP and gave you a free t-shirt to boot? Sounds like a great deal to me.
Yeah. Thread protectors get such abuse......:? Of all the things you can get "used" a thread protector is hardly a high risk item.

Fact of the matter is he got the part he needed, overnighted, with a bonus T-Shirt. I'd be happy with that deal....

Joeywhat
05-19-2012, 12:45 PM

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j151/joeywhat/Animations/loss_for_words.gif

Taczubb
05-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Fact of the matter is he got the part he needed, overnighted, with a bonus T-Shirt. I'd be happy with that deal....

Fair enough, it's only a thread protector. But I'd expect a "new, uninstalled" part for my money, and a free hokey t-shirt doesn't level the playing field much, unless I want to advertise a silencer company while I'm going about my business.

Beyond that, I gotta wonder what the major rush job was with the OP.

Can't imagine why a delayed thread cap would turn someone's life upside-down.

No biggie, who cares. If OP's happy, then end of story.

mini4m3
05-19-2012, 03:38 PM
Fair enough, it's only a thread protector. But I'd expect a "new, uninstalled" part for my money, and a free hokey t-shirt doesn't level the playing field much, unless I want to advertise a silencer company while I'm going about my business.

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/DealWithIt/dealwithitkittahpants.gif

Taczubb
05-19-2012, 04:06 PM
:rofl:

rjrivero
05-19-2012, 05:11 PM
If OP's happy, then end of story.
That's really what it's about.
I understand your point about getting a new part for your new part money. The key to customer service is understanding the "needs" of your customers and meeting those needs. Obviously the OP's happy, and therefore that's what matters!

I've gotta start stocking up on some of these GIF's. They're awesome!

CallmeDave
05-19-2012, 10:33 PM

http://hutworldproductions.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/363-bruce-willis-cool-story-bro-image.png

CallmeDave
05-19-2012, 10:35 PM
I'll have to keep SilencerCo in mind for my next can, customer service is a dieing craft even more so with firearms ect.

Dansjeep2000
05-21-2012, 09:11 PM

It was not about the thread protector, but the adapter. I needed the adapter asap, they hadn't shipped it cause they were out of thread protectors for the adapter. He gave me one of his personal ones to get me by and was more than willing to send me a new one when they came in. Oh and the one I got looks like new anyway. I was happy cause they got me the ADAPTER I needed FAST. Between the cost of next day air and the free T-Shirt I have no doubt they lost money on the deal.

That is customer service to be proud of, hence the reason I will buy more suppressors from them in the future and the reason for this post. I hope everyone who reads this and is thinking about buying a suppressor gives SilencerCo a good long look if you want a good product backed by a good company.

jmacken37
05-22-2012, 01:58 AM
Good for them! Taczubb, you should know you're coming off a bit trollish...just sayin'

Jake

Revdrshad
05-22-2012, 08:35 PM
+1

The owner of Silencerco is a contributor on Silencertalk.com.
He is always doing stuff like this for people.
And they can't thank him enough. It's a big part of why I chose Silencerco to do business with...
I also talked with the owner on the phone once. He's a good guy, and had my questions answered fast...