PDA

View Full Version : Shooter's Ballistic App for Droid

EricF517
06-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Well I purchased this app a while back for my long range shooting. Figuring that I most always have my phone on me it would be a good idea to be able to get myself on target, or close enough to get good DOPE. Setting it up is a breeze. You do however need to do a little work on your part to make sure that they information you put in is correct. Garbage in = Garbage out.

Most of us that hand load have a chrono. I put in my reading from my chrono into the app before I left for the class I went to in Grayling. Once I started shooting I was able to get on target with ease and only making 0.1mil adjustments to get exact DOPE. After doing this I was able to go into the App and adjust my muzzle velocity to match the exact DOPE from the range. This eliminated the shoot and guess your DOPE method. It also allowed me to fire on the 700y, 800y, and 1000y target with first round hits.

The next feature I liked is that it also takes weather readings from the nearest weather station via the GPS in the phone. This allowed me to use my estimates for the wind and formula calculations to compare to. The wind is adjustable for direction via a clock format on the solution page for fine adjustments.

All in all it was well worth the $10 I paid for the App.

More reviews of my gear I used are coming soon.

KeithD
06-06-2012, 04:02 PM
I just purchased it a fee Weeks ago and hasn't had the chance to hit the rang with it yet. All the guys that I know into long range say its a great program for the money

RECON762WT
06-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Can you export ballistic charts to excel? (or word )

sgtlmj
06-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Can you export ballistic charts to excel? (or word )

You can email them. I think they come across as .rtf, but it's been a while since I messed with it.

EricF517
06-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Recon, as Sgt said you can email the drop chart to yourself off the table. I haven't really used that feature as I am always using the solution portion since you can change the range and get the drop for one specific range, wind speed, and wind angle.

KeithD
06-06-2012, 08:07 PM
mine exports it as a .csv file that opens in in excel spreed sheet

Cackler
06-06-2012, 09:55 PM
mine exports it as a .csv file that opens in in excel spreed sheet

Give us an example, like say for--Black Hills Blue Box 52 gr match hp's:biggrin:

KeithD
06-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Give us an example, like say for--Black Hills Blue Box 52 gr match hp's:biggrin:

would need to know all the rifle info and that ammo isnt in the built in library. so Id have to have all the ballistic info too...

so in short... no ;)

KeithD
06-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Heres an example of a chart from my rifle and ammo. Zero wind call.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f168/DenmanK/Ballisticchart1.jpg