PDA

View Full Version : H.B. 5737 intentional discharge of firearm from vehicle

Tallbear
06-15-2012, 10:22 AM
HB 5737 of 2012 (http://www.legislature.mi.gov/mileg.aspx?page=getobject&objectname=2012-HB-5737)
Crimes; weapons; penalties for intentionally discharging a firearm from vehicle; increase under certain circumstances. Amends secs. 234a & 234b of 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.234a & 750.234b).
Last Action: 6/14/2012 printed bill filed 06/14/2012

luckless
06-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Maybe they should try to enforce the laws we already have. Why should it be especially illegal to shoot someone from a car or snowmobile? The gang bangers are already ignoring every other law in regards to murder.

leavitron
06-19-2012, 06:58 AM
Maybe they should try to enforce the laws we already have. Why should it be especially illegal to shoot someone from a car or snowmobile? The gang bangers are already ignoring every other law in regards to murder.
This is the current trend at the federal level so they're merely copying it at the state level. Making things "doubly illegal" will somehow magically make criminals get their act together and straighten up. Didn't you know this?

(/sarcasm)

donald150
06-19-2012, 07:02 AM
I guess they won't be filming "Top Shot" in Michigan any time soon.

Divegeek
06-19-2012, 09:16 AM
It seems also that having a shooting range in the basement of your home would be illegal as well.

derrabe
06-19-2012, 03:11 PM
It seems like this could affect CPL holders as well. If you are being car jacked or attacked in your car that would make using your firearm to defend yourself under this law a felony.

Disregard I read farther down

Cackler
06-20-2012, 04:50 PM

You make perfect sense. Unfortunately, the statistics of multiple charges make things more negotiable in plea agreements.

.40 Cal
06-26-2012, 05:28 AM
Sometimes the lack of common sense in our legislative bodies is unbelievable! As posted earlier the "bad guys" already ignore the current laws why do they think this will change things?

Wow....:roll:

TheQ
06-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Am I wrong or is it not already a crime to shoot at someone without good cause (whether or not you are in a vehicle). Why do we need this law?

backhandman
06-27-2012, 08:04 AM
Am I wrong or is it not already a crime to shoot at someone without good cause (whether or not you are in a vehicle). Why do we need this law?

With all the recent drive by shootings, This is just a "feel good story" type of law. Its just a way to make people feel more secure. :facepalm: Even though if this passes Nothing at all will change.

bagz013
06-27-2012, 08:09 AM
Maybe the thought process here is that if we , Michigan Legislature, pike enough senseless laws and regulations on people and make it illegal to do just about everything they won't want to carry guns.

We already have PFZ's that IMHO are a little ridiculous so if the ML makes it were you cant discharge a firearm now; who's to say it several years it won't be illegal to have a pistol/firearm in a vehicle.

Our vehicles become PFZ's.....then our place of employement.....then our gun ranges(but how would you get a firearm to the range if you can't carry in your car?!?...guessss whhattt...you're a felon now)....then our homes....and then Mexico invades us and we all have to learn spanish.

Now I know some of this is really far-fetched(at least in my lifetime) but this is how it starts. Making more legislation that is cumbersome and ill advised in order to distract the masses from the true intentions of politicians.

annnndddd off the soap box now

TheQ
06-27-2012, 08:09 AM
With all the recent drive by shootings, This is just a "feel good story" type of law. Its just a way to make people feel more secure. :facepalm: Even though if this passes Nothing at all will change.

I'm sure if we pass a law against murder folks in Detroit will stop killing one another too....oh, wait...:banghead: :jailed: :?

backhandman
06-27-2012, 08:15 AM
I'm sure if we pass a law against murder folks in Detroit will stop killing one another too....oh, wait...:banghead: :jailed: :?

More laws means more consequences. That way the bad people will think before they act....

Oh yeah. Those people dont think.

World Star Hip Hop Yo.