PDA

View Full Version : Process ??

jcools
06-16-2012, 04:47 PM
I understand that WE (in Mi) can own a suppressor now. But what is the procedure for getting one? Do you need a special permit? How much does it cost? Can you C.C. w/ one? Thanks

Dsully
06-17-2012, 06:31 AM
This should sum it up. Michigan is not on this as one of the states because I think this was written before it was legal here. I had my class 3 dealer help me fill my paperwork
Guide (http://www.silencerresearch.com/Silencerguide.pdf)

ColonelKurtz
06-17-2012, 07:21 AM
Find class III dealer, pay money, fill out paperwork, wait 6-8 months for permission from our government overloards.

Seriously? Carry a concealed handgun with a suppressor? Bad idea all around.

jcools
06-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the info. No I wouldn't neccessarilly C.C. w/ it. Just IF I was going to the range w/ it. I would like to be able to have it in my car. NOT THE TRUNK. I would like to have 1 BUT I can't justify paying the tax and jumping through the hoops right now. I thought it would be great to get a "Pac-Lite rec'r" for my Ruger Mark ii w/ a suppressor. To use for "varmint control" (rabbits) damn things are hell on the garden. Don't want to scare the neighbors if ya know what I mean.:smile:

Dsully
06-17-2012, 01:21 PM
I thought it would be a big deal to get one also but it's really easy.

pgaplayerless
06-17-2012, 02:09 PM
The wait time to get ur form 4s back is the only bear. About 3 months for me now.