PDA

View Full Version : NFA friendly ranges SW Mich / Kzoo

spartywrx
06-18-2012, 04:47 PM
Hi all

Does anyone know of any full auto / silencer friendly ranges or clubs in SW Michigan?

The only one I know of is South Kent Sportsman (according to the website) and that's a bit of a drive from me.

Battle creek has an indoor range that seems to be silencer friendly but its pistol only.

I'm looking to join up somewhere but I don't want to waste my time with a place that is going to ban MG's or silencers.

Jmoney
06-18-2012, 05:36 PM
Check out Tulip City Rod and gun club.

GarrettJ
06-18-2012, 05:40 PM
Check out Tulip City Rod and gun club.
If South Kent is farther than he wants to go, Tulip City is another 45 minutes beyond SKSC.

On the up-side, you don't have to call the local police before being allowed to shoot full-auto at Tulip City like you do at SKSC.

Sparty, if you do end up driving that far to join a club, you might take a look at Chick-Owa in Zeeland. It's outdoors (which I prefer - especially for suppressed shooting). When I asked about NFA stuff, I was told "anything that is legal is welcome here". They're open Mon-Sat. Not a really large range, but it works for me. The Rifle / pistol bays are downrange of the trap house, so they are closed down when there is a scheduled trap shoot.

You can shoot 200 - 300 yards when nobody else is there, which is often if you go mid-day during the week. Not so much evenings or weekends.

autosurgeon
06-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Coloma Rod and Gun Club will allow them with permission. Basically silencers are fine any time. Machine guns require that range officers verify your abilities first. You may be required to show the board your tax stamp.

CrimDoc
06-18-2012, 06:40 PM
I've heard people shooting full auto at Silver Bullet in Wyoming before ... you may want to call up first though to see if there are any restrictions.

spartywrx
06-18-2012, 07:53 PM
hmmm..

Thanks for the suggestions. Most of those places are quite a haul from me.

I'm around Kzoo, and I'm topping out my driving at around 45min.

They all seem like good places, but are all pretty far. Zeeland would be the closest.

I saw a thread recommending Paw Paw Conservation club. Does anybody have the inside scoop on them?

Sticks
06-18-2012, 09:49 PM
Check this place near Coldwater:http://www.branchcountysportsmansclub.org/

GarrettJ
06-18-2012, 11:26 PM
I'm around Kzoo, and I'm topping out my driving at around 45min.

They all seem like good places, but are all pretty far. Zeeland would be the closest.
Actually, SKSC is going to be closer. Google maps says it's 40 miles & 50 minutes there from downtown Kzoo. It has Chickowa in Zeeland at 47 miles and just over an hour. That one is going to be 2-lane the whole way, while you can take US-131 most of the way to SKSC.

gixxergreg
06-19-2012, 08:10 AM
Spectacle Lake outdoor club in Albion will allow them, most of the time you won't find anyone working there, just leave a few bucks in the box before you drive back. Honor system that you just don't see enough of nowadays.

SIG229R
06-29-2012, 12:19 AM
Here is a range that I use to go to and burn off 18 Rounds Per Second with my Colt M16 Commando. Its a decent range and they dont mind rapid fire with semi autos, or F/A fire with machineguns. Silencers are okay as well. Its located in Eaton Rapids.

The owner of the range is Russ Nelson. I have known this guy for around 15 years and he is a very laid back guy. He is very helpful and will answer any question that you may have. If you are shooting machineguns at his range he will need a copy of your form-4 for his records.

http://www.familyshooterscorral.com/