PDA

View Full Version : MGO annual members meeting, BOD elections and picnic July 28, New post with Poll

SeeTee
07-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Starting a new thread with a poll so we can find out how much food and supplies for this event are needed. I am locking the old thread in order to keep everything in one thread.

Please make an effort to attend, you will have a good time, and for those of you who like to comment here on the forum about how MGO is run, now is the time to come out and meet the current BOD and talk with them.

MGO will be holding the annual picnic this year at; http://www.bluewatersportsmansassociation.com/ (http://www.bluewatersportsmansassociation.com/)

July 28 the time is 1pm to 4pm officially but people are welcome to come early and stay a little longer to socialize.

We will have some use of the range, I will post details of what is avabile as soon as a few things are finialized.

We would like to have a few volunteers to help out setting things up, if you can help out please post here or send me a pm, this would be about 11 am on the day of the event.

We will have a grill set up and MGO will supply the hot dogs and burgers, MGO would ask as in years past for those who can, to bring a side dish to pass along, if you are going to bring something please post it here so we know what is coming.

We will be adding to this thread as things progress, so check back often, any questions ask here or send me a pm.

I hope that we will get a good turn out, this is a great time to actually meet other members of the Org. and also the members of the Board of Directors, and vote in the new ones for the upcoming term of office. Note; you must be a contributing MGO member to vote, please have your member card or member number with you to make it easier for the election committee.

And as always this event is family friendly and friends are welcome, for the new people on the forum; yes forum members are welcome and encourged to attend.

See you there!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Running list of food items;

Baked beans------------------------------------tdbrown1969 called out of town, will not be at the event

Unsweet ice and sugar free fruit crisp------------ wwjmaj

Cake--------------------------------------------shurhouse

Mexican Bean dip and chips-----------------------mopedman

Potato Salad -------------------------------------jolari

plates, cups, napkins and eating utensils--------prettyinpink

bag of assorted chips and a couple of 2 liters of pop.------oldskoolford427

POP------------------------------------------------------xdm.40 cal

Brownies------------------------------------------------dougwg

jolari
07-05-2012, 09:18 PM
I'll bring potato salad

mopedman
07-05-2012, 09:24 PM
I will be there early to help, with my Wife. There is a good chance my brother and a budy of mine will be there too.

Ultra
07-05-2012, 09:53 PM
I own a pizzeria in Hillman MI. I'd attend AND I'd feed the whole group if it was in my backyard. Port Huron, I'm probably gonna take a pass. Hope all that attend have a great time.

SeeTee
07-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the reminder John, I am sorry, somehow I missed getting you on the list from the other thread.

Great Sam, thanks for the set up help.

Ultra, thank you for the thought, I have been to Hillman, that would be a drive, maybe we need a bus for the outlander MGO people!

Batman
07-08-2012, 11:23 PM
I'd love to come but that is the start of Camp Perry. Ugh!:banghead:

SeeTee
07-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Sorry you can't make the event Batman, I understand prior commitments, Good luck at Camp Perry!!!

OK, now to hear from the rest of the 25,000+ (actually if you think about it and they have one friend or family member to bring along it is a pool of 50,000+ potential attendees) to find out the rest of the excuses for not having more then 8 people respond to the poll.

And where are all the whiners out there in MGO land that complain about how MGO is run all year long, you can have the opportunity to talk with the Board of Directors and have a free lunch!!

bagz013
07-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Would love to make it SeeTee but I have work. I prob, if at all, wouldn't be able to make it till close to the end.

We've discussed all the 'benefits' of road construction in MI ;)

Hope you guys have a good time.

SeeTee
07-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Yea, it would be a drive, late in the day, hopefully next year we will have the event open for a longer time so it could fit into people's day better.

Catch you at another event somewhere!

Would love to make it SeeTee but I have work. I prob, if at all, wouldn't be able to make it till close to the end.

We've discussed all the 'benefits' of road construction in MI ;)

Hope you guys have a good time.

SeeTee
07-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Ok, so we really don't need this to turn into an excuse thread, but one would think that there are enough members in the local Port Huron area alone to get a better turn out then we have so far.

I starting to think that if we held an event in a members's back yard, they would find an reason to not show up!

jolari
07-09-2012, 07:00 PM
I'm betting a free gun give away would bring out a lot of people. Make it a S&W Shield and we would probably need a bigger room. The Shield only costs $450 + tax. I'm guessing MGO could afford that. Just a suggestion.

shurhouse
07-10-2012, 04:50 AM
I'm betting a free gun give away would bring out a lot of people. Make it a S&W Shield and we would probably need a bigger room. The Shield only costs $450 + tax. I'm guessing MGO could afford that. Just a suggestion.

That's thinking outside the box but yet sad to think we need to bribe people to come to a event.

mopedman
07-10-2012, 07:34 AM

That's thinking outside the box but yet sad to think we need to bribe people to come to a event.

I honestly don't think people would come even if we did bribe people.

rayban
07-10-2012, 03:36 PM
It's not a "bribe"...and it's nothing revolutionary..it's called promoting your event.
Tell me you've never been to an event where they offer those in attendance a chance to win this or that.
I just heard about this annual meeting this morning, and after reading the attitudes expressed by the staff here, it sure doesn't do anything to encourage me to go.

shurhouse
07-10-2012, 05:04 PM
It's not a "bribe"...and it's nothing revolutionary..it's called promoting your event.
Tell me you've never been to an event where they offer those in attendance a chance to win this or that.
I just heard about this annual meeting this morning, and after reading the attitudes expressed by the staff here, it sure doesn't do anything to encourage me to go.

I think you'll find the attitudes of the staff unfortunately well earned. We have gun of the year, you can earn tickets to a free gun drawing or a free membership by helping out at MGO events, free fun shoots, BoD meeting with shoots after, door prize drawings at Membership meetings. We've tryed moving events around the state to try and include those that say it's to far and still no one shows up. We did a BoD meeting a year and a half ago in Grand Rapids and besides the board members who drove half way across the state there were I believe 4 other people there. We just had a meeting at Cabala's with free lunch, beside the board, 5 people. The Membership meeting this month is being moved to the Port Huron area to try and draw new blood so to speak. You would think that out of over 700 MGO Members we would get a least 10% - 70 people to attend a event. Never been close. If I thought a free gun would get 70 people to attend this months meeting I'd buy it myself, but as stated, wouldn't happen. We've sat around and had discussions on what would promote more Member involvement and everything that's been tried has failed, that's been by this board and boards in the past. If you have any suggestions please let us know. If you feel the staff has attitudes I will apologize for myself. The fact remains that the few that participate in MGO functions are the same people that are always there ( and I thank them whole heartedly) but nothing has worked so far.

Maranatha
07-10-2012, 08:58 PM
Rayban.......two of the 4 none BOD members at that grand rapids meeting drove from Detroit and Warren.......

Rod....one thing we haven't tried was nude waitresses.......That might get people to come

wwjmaj
07-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Staff? What Staff? EVERYONE from the participants to the whiners are volunteers donating time and effort. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Don't forget we tried a pig roast, a shooting contest and were pilloried for the cost to the point most of those "staff" are no longer participating...

wwjmaj
07-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Back on topic. I am bringing UNSWEET brewed ice tea and sugar free fruit cobbler. Preferences on Cherry or Blueberry?

shurhouse
07-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Back on topic. I am bringing UNSWEET brewed ice tea and sugar free fruit cobbler. Preferences on Cherry or Blueberry?

1 vote for Blueberry

Maranatha
07-11-2012, 04:55 PM
why not cherry blueberry

mopedman
07-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Blueberry.... +10 as I am aligric to Cherry

Magnum Man
07-13-2012, 04:33 PM
I think you'll find the attitudes of the staff unfortunately well earned. We have gun of the year, you can earn tickets to a free gun drawing or a free membership by helping out at MGO events, free fun shoots, BoD meeting with shoots after, door prize drawings at Membership meetings. We've tryed moving events around the state to try and include those that say it's to far and still no one shows up. We did a BoD meeting a year and a half ago in Grand Rapids and besides the board members who drove half way across the state there were I believe 4 other people there. We just had a meeting at Cabala's with free lunch, beside the board, 5 people. The Membership meeting this month is being moved to the Port Huron area to try and draw new blood so to speak. You would think that out of over 700 MGO Members we would get a least 10% - 70 people to attend a event. Never been close. If I thought a free gun would get 70 people to attend this months meeting I'd buy it myself, but as stated, wouldn't happen. We've sat around and had discussions on what would promote more Member involvement and everything that's been tried has failed, that's been by this board and boards in the past. If you have any suggestions please let us know. If you feel the staff has attitudes I will apologize for myself. The fact remains that the few that participate in MGO functions are the same people that are always there ( and I thank them whole heartedly) but nothing has worked so far. I wasn't aware that the lunch was free. I was at Cabelas a few days earlier but could have delayed the trip to make the meeting.

Magnum Man
07-13-2012, 04:35 PM
What shooting facilities will be available for members?

SeeTee
07-13-2012, 05:40 PM
It is still undetermined at this time.

prettyinpink
07-19-2012, 08:36 AM
I will be bringing the plates, cups, napkins and eating utensils.

SeeTee
07-19-2012, 06:03 PM
Thank you, Chris!

Maranatha
07-19-2012, 06:38 PM
What shooting facilities will be available for members?

I would plan on Not Shooting..... if things work it will be a bonus

Barrettone
07-22-2012, 11:09 PM
I'll bring the trailer with the grill, cooler, other MGO goodies!!!

SeeTee
07-25-2012, 11:03 AM
About shooting, the word I have is that we can use the indoor pistol range, limited to pistols, no .44 mag or above.

oldskoolford427
07-25-2012, 09:21 PM
I will be there with my son and I will bring a bag of assorted chips and a couple of 2 liters of pop.

wwjmaj
07-26-2012, 06:27 AM
Blueberry.... +10 as I am aligric to Cherry
And the winner is sugar free Blueberry just for you and me he he.

wwjmaj
07-26-2012, 06:28 AM
And the winner is sugar free Blueberry just for you and me he he.

Actually I just realized my wife won't be there I could make sugared...

wwjmaj
07-26-2012, 06:29 AM
About shooting, the word I have is that we can use the indoor pistol range, limited to pistols, no .44 mag or above.

Bring on the pistols boys and girls we have been cleared to shoot! :welcome::fa:

zigziggityzoo
07-26-2012, 07:00 AM
Wish I could make it. Pregnant wife outvoted me.

Have a great time everyone.

wwjmaj
07-26-2012, 09:06 AM
Wish I could make it. Pregnant wife outvoted me.

Have a great time everyone.

If you hadn't contributed to the problem perhaps she would have considered your opinion more seriously...CONGRATULATIONS!

wwjmaj
07-26-2012, 09:08 AM
Will be my route along Rogers to Tecumseh-Clinton Road to 12, 23 and 94 if anyone wants a ride I have room for four.

zigziggityzoo
07-26-2012, 09:09 AM
If you hadn't contributed to the problem perhaps she would have considered your opinion more seriously...CONGRATULATIONS!

Thanks!

Now she says her vote counts as more since she's technically two votes. boo.

dougwg
07-26-2012, 11:29 PM
Brownies

jolari
07-27-2012, 09:45 AM
I'll be bringing my new M&P Shield in 9mm for her maiden voyage.

G22
07-27-2012, 12:40 PM
Indoor range? No rifles?

SeeTee
07-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Indoor range? No rifles?

Yes, indoor pistol range, no .44 mag and above, .22 rifle, pistol cal. carbine may be Ok, but that would be up to the Bluewater RO.

SeeTee
07-27-2012, 04:31 PM
John, Will & Doug thank you for the contributions!!