PDA

View Full Version : My form 4 time moved from Nov.

Yooper55
07-12-2012, 10:35 PM
I checked the tracker last week so my chances are really good for receiving my approval in August, seems like the process is speeding up, so today I bought a Spectre II for my Ruger 22-45. This was my first suppressor purchase. I like the fact that it will also fit the FN 5.7 which will be next on my NEED list. I'm checking the mail everyday for my first form 4 to arrive.

Remnar
07-13-2012, 08:15 AM
I'm not sure what is going on with the NFA Wait time tracker but it recently went from very pessimistic.....

Form 4 trust pending April 17. Tracker gave me a December estimate.

To a very optimistic estimate when I typed in the data today.......

Form 4 trust pending April 17.
14% chance July
68% chance August
16% chance in Sept.

Don't get me wrong I like the new calculation. But I am not going to get my hopes up.

Looking at the newest approvals on the NFA tracker site which is based on data that is submitted by private buyers. I see July approvals on Feb pendings starting to show up. The pattern seems to be about 5 months currently which is down from the 6 or more months it was running a month or two ago. The added contractors are making a difference but it's a crap shoot as to how much they will continue to improve the wait time.

Another issue that puzzles me is that I don't see any recent approvals from Michigan or Michigan's examiner. I think this may just be that few Michigan buyers submit info to the database. I do see michiganders posting about approvals so I know some people are getting them.

Long story short...... Man the wait is killin me. :-)

Yooper55
07-13-2012, 09:42 AM
I Agree the wait sucks. I think once one gets approved then subsequent form 4's should pass through quicker. How many finger print cards or pictures of my ugly mug do they need.
When one applies for a passport, they give an option to pay more to have it rushed through the process. The ATF should offer that option.

Remnar
07-13-2012, 10:25 AM
When one applies for a passport, they give an option to pay more to have it rushed through the process. The ATF should offer that option.

I think about 90 percent of the people waiting would pay. I would if I had the chance.

jts_01
07-13-2012, 11:54 AM
Another issue that puzzles me is that I don't see any recent approvals from Michigan or Michigan's examiner. I think this may just be that few Michigan buyers submit info to the database. I do see michiganders posting about approvals so I know some people are getting them.

I was wondering this too. No one has posted her approving any forms in the past month that I can see. She does a lot more states than just Michigan as well so I don't see that being the issue. I wonder if she is still there.

My wait time has actual increased since my last approved suppressor:

1st: pending 12/7/11 approved 5/02/12 (with kick back error) - 147 days
2nd pending 2/15/12 approval expected in august - 149 days so far

detacbob
07-13-2012, 11:59 AM
Here was my time line.

Mailed 03 January 2012
Check cashed. 10 January 2012
Pending 24 January 2012
Approved 26 June 2012
Dealer received 30 June 2012

Yooper55
07-13-2012, 02:27 PM
I hate the wait, but.......that's how it goes.

Revdrshad
07-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Checked Cashed in March, Now the Tracker is telling me July...
We shall See... :score:

sonicmatter
07-19-2012, 01:00 AM
I do my best not to think about it. It'll happen when it happens, LOL.

GLOCKME
07-20-2012, 12:39 AM
Too good to be true!!!

ZYA_LTR
07-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Too good to be true!!!

Definetely......I checked the racker occasionally, and it wasn't close to my 6.5 month wait time i experienced.It told me i should have received it in 5 months....i wish it was only that long.

All water under the bridge now, i am silently enjoying my Sparrow now.

Revdrshad
07-21-2012, 04:11 AM
I put it in the back of my mind too...
I still have to get a threaded barrel, and piston for the silencer.

So even if they call me tomorrow, I'll only be... mildly... Excited...

Well, this is what I tell myself so I can sleep at night. :woohoo1:

Revdrshad
08-31-2012, 11:41 PM
Talked to my dealer Wednesday while I was purchasing a threaded barrel. There was a paperwork problem, (Missing a number from the model# on one line) They got it on 8-8-12 and mailed it in corrected immediately.
So, it should really be any day now... :banana:

Revdrshad
09-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Still waiting...:pump:

Yooper55
09-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Today I was told paper work was returned due to the fact they need more CLEO info. Crap. But good it went pending May 15th.

Revdrshad
09-17-2012, 05:38 PM
Picked up my "Stamp" Yesterday!!!!!!!

I was so excited I could hardly tie my shoes!!!!!!

I plan on riding this wave of happiness for as long as possible...

Must now add data to the NFA tracker, and plan for next item... :bounce2:

Yooper55
09-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Picked up my "Stamp" Yesterday!!!!!!!

I was so excited I could hardly tie my shoes!!!!!!

I plan on riding this wave of happiness for as long as possible...

Must now add data to the NFA tracker, and plan for next item... :bounce2:

I got all the additional info needed and sent it back today 9/17/12 priority mail.
From the movie MONEY PIT......"2 weeks"
Well I hope so.

Revdrshad
09-17-2012, 08:40 PM
My Stamp was dated on the 4th of September. I'm not sure if it was in the mail, or what.
Seemed kinda strange to get called for my pickup on a Sunday. o_O

So, 8-8-12 when it got remailed to 9-16-12 when I picked it up...

Good luck, and keep us posted. :thup: