PDA

View Full Version : Early morning excusion

mikethepike
07-24-2012, 02:07 PM
Went out in the upper Trenton channel armed with bottom bouncers and a multitude of crawler harnesses. I got the 6 and my wife picked up 1 (she refused to change colors) + the perch
http://i.imgur.com/N7LwA.jpg

Apoma
07-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Sweet love walleye excellent job. Enjoy the fish fry.

dramey82
07-24-2012, 08:08 PM
Mmm

Single Malt
08-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Nice haul!

24ever
08-05-2012, 11:32 AM
And the top color choice was............?

Went out in the upper Trenton channel armed with bottom bouncers and a multitude of crawler harnesses. I got the 6 and my wife picked up 1 (she refused to change colors) + the perch
http://i.imgur.com/N7LwA.jpg

24ever
08-06-2012, 01:31 PM
...........Which colors were most effective for you, white blade, black blade, silver blade, or gold blade with chartreuse beads, yellow beads, red beads, or black beads? :scratch:

sse
08-06-2012, 01:48 PM
He won't say...LOL

24ever
08-06-2012, 03:40 PM
He won't say...LOL

Oh come on now, he's not a turkey, is he? :-D

mikethepike
08-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Oh come on now, he's not a turkey, is he? :-D

No turkey here..just a straight shooter

Sorry, i've been quite busy w/ work on a project and havent had time too go out myself as last wknd left the Trenton channel with 15-17 mph winds from the south and full of white caps....not condusive for walleye fishing (forget about the lake)

While i will tell you what i use and GENERAL location of where is was ...exact gps locations can only be left to the imagination :brow:

#5 hammered brass colorado blade , 3 mustad hooks w/ red beads and a 36" liter on a bottom bouncer :score:

If you buy this (http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=187966 ) , i'll take you out and show you a few of my coveted spots that always produce. I'll even buy the gas and beverages

24ever
08-06-2012, 08:27 PM
No turkey here..just a straight shooter

Sorry, i've been quite busy w/ work on a project and havent had time too go out myself as last wknd left the Trenton channel with 15-17 mph winds from the south and full of white caps....not condusive for walleye fishing (forget about the lake)

While i will tell you what i use and GENERAL location of where is was ...exact gps locations can only be left to the imagination :brow:

#5 hammered brass colorado blade , 3 mustad hooks w/ red beads and a 36" liter on a bottom bouncer :score:

If you buy this (http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=187966 ) , i'll take you out and show you a few of my coveted spots that always produce. I'll even buy the gas and beverages

:score: I believe! Hammered gold blade with red beads (on a 36" leader) turned out to be the best producer for me as well! With walleye, the most effective color combination seems to change seasonally. This year is the first time I've caught walleye on gold and red exclusively, usually it is a combination of chartreuse and white, pink and blue or purple, hot orange and yellow, or black and gold.

As much as I would like to know where your coveted spots are and buy your gem, my position in the recovering economy, regrettably, precludes the purchase. One would be hard pressed to find a better "Lund" deal!

mikethepike
08-07-2012, 06:29 AM
:score: I believe! Hammered gold blade with red beads (on a 36" leader) turned out to be the best producer for me as well! With walleye, the most effective color combination seems to change seasonally. This year is the first time I've caught walleye on gold and red exclusively, usually it is a combination of chartreuse and white, pink and blue or purple, hot orange and yellow, or black and gold.

As much as I would like to know where your coveted spots are and buy your gem, my position in the recovering economy, regrettably, precludes the purchase. One would be hard pressed to find a better "Lund" deal!

Yes it does change seasonally. Chartreuse is my back up color....normally i stick too the 1 and done. I can fish with the same color as my regular fishing partner and be tagged out while he only has 2. I dont know what it is because its the identical rod, line and reel and lure...perhaps its just a hot hand.

While i primarily fish the same area's , fish do move around quite a bit and having a good set of electronics (like the hds7) is quite helpful. It took me a while to get the Lowrance, but it was well worth it!

24ever
08-07-2012, 04:05 PM
”I can fish with the same color as my regular fishing partner and be tagged out while he only has 2. I dont know what it is because its the identical rod, line and reel and lure...perhaps its just a hot hand.”

Maybe your line tracks closer to a fish holding break line, or perhaps you are feeling the light biters better than your partner is. During one trip this year, I had to feed line out when feeling a fish lightly tagging the harness in order to make hookup.

mikethepike
08-07-2012, 04:30 PM
”I can fish with the same color as my regular fishing partner and be tagged out while he only has 2. I dont know what it is because its the identical rod, line and reel and lure...perhaps its just a hot hand.”

Maybe your line tracks closer to a fish holding break line, or perhaps you are feeling the light biters better than your partner is. During one trip this year, I had to feed line out when feeling a fish lightly tagging the harness in order to make hookup.

Idk, it right down the middle of the river sometimes, we've switched sides and it didnt matter.;-)
When i feel the light tapper, i will let the rod go back and with a long sweeping motion set the hook. I guess you have to be adaptive