PDA

View Full Version : Non Resident?

MP Miller
07-30-2012, 08:41 PM
I've noticed on the DNR site that non Resident licenses are very expensive & The military section only says that Troops stationed outside of MI with a MI DL get a big discount.

I have a TN DL but I am stationed in MI with the Army and pay property tax as a home owner.

Do I have to pay the Non resident price or will my orders and ID card cover me?

Also will an out of state hunter safety class from 20 years ago meet the requirement?

Thank You for your help

Made_in_Michigan
07-30-2012, 08:53 PM
You buy a resident license.

cite: http://www.mdnr-elicense.com/Welcome/SpecialRulesForDiscounts.aspx

MILITARY DISCOUNT

Persons serving in the U.S. Military, who, at the time of enlistment, were residents of Michigan and who have maintained resident status for the purposes of obtaining a driver license or voting and who are stationed outside the state, may purchase any hunting license that does not require a separate application for $1.00. The individual must present leave papers, duty papers, military orders or other evidence verifying that he or she is stationed outside the state, and a Michigan Driver License or voter registration. These licenses, available at all license agents and DNR Operations Service Centers, are valid for up to two weeks during the established season. The license buyer can designate the exact hunting period.

NOTE: A military person stationed in Michigan may purchase a resident license at any licensing agent location, regardless of residency status.

Bold by me.
Thank you for your service. The best of luck to you in your hunt.

MP Miller
07-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Thank You