PDA

View Full Version : Long bow hunting?????

jcools
08-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Does ANYONE hunt w/ a long bow(non compound)? Thoughts,opinions and experiances?Thanks

RSF
08-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Does ANYONE hunt w/ a long bow(non compound)? Thoughts,opinions and experiances?Thanks

yes but not as often as i used too

I have a darton and bear and a blackwidow(i used this to kill one of my bears)

they are fun a challenge and require a good dedication ot time to be very good with one........

I use mine for mainly small game hunting now for bunnies

Phelptwan
08-04-2012, 03:38 PM
i hunted with a Martin Recurve when I was younger. It takes quite a bit of effort and dedication to become proficient with though, and I wouldn't suggest it unless you're willing to put in the time.

fr3db3ar
08-04-2012, 05:36 PM
I recommend it. It may tale a bit of practice to be proficient, some pick it up right away. If you like to walk they're handy and light. I say go for it and practice as much as possible. Good luck.

jcools
08-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the input guy's! I don't have a bow and have never had 1. I think the long bows are COOL! And am wondering how they perform/hold up compared to a compound???

ro2
08-05-2012, 09:37 AM
I still shoot my fathers bear grizzly from when he was a younger, after hunting with a compound for a long time I like to switch it up now and then and break out the old stick and string