PDA

View Full Version : How to volunteer to help at an MGO event

SeeTee
08-05-2012, 01:37 PM
How to volunteer to help at an MGO event.

To address a issue that was brought up by a MGO member “that people don't know how to volunteer to help at events”

For any event that you would like to help out at, a pm to me, (SeeTee) an e-mail, or a post in any thread about an event, stating you want to help out will get a prompt response from me.

You can also contact any of board ofdirectors.

If you are not sure of when, because of your personal schedule or how, because you have not done it before to help out at any particular event, I will work with you to find a spot to fit you in to the event, and get you the basic knowledge before you arrive at he show to get you started.

I have some volunteers that I have setup an open time for them to show up whatever their time allows at a event, to work with an experienced volunteer and just watch and learn, without having to be obligated to a shift or duty.

I never turn away help, and I work to support anyone who is willing to volunteer to help MGO with the tools they need to do the job, even if it is just to put their toe in the water to check it out.

So come on out and volunteer for a MGO event near you, it is fun, helps MGO, and you get to actually meet a fellow member, the volunteers are all great people.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________

To find out about long range up and up and coming events, and to give your input about MGO events join the Activities Committe.

This gives us a place to discuss issues and events without cluttering up the events sub-forum, by joining
the AC forum it will not put you on a shift list.

How to apply to join the Activities Committee ( or any MGO committee, you must be a Contributing MGO member to join )

Log on to MGO, just under the banner crawl there is a a blue strip with various options to choose from, click on “user CP”.

Once you are on the user cp page, look to the lower left hand side of the page, click on “Group Memberships”.

This will bring up a list of “user groups” available for you to join.

Select “Activities Committee” and select the join group button.

At the bottom of the list click on “Join Group”.

After you are approved, when you log on to MGO you will see the the “Activities Committee” sub forum listed near the upper part of the page.

Check in and introduce yourself in the welcome thread.

TomE
07-13-2014, 12:27 PM
Unsure if this is the proper place to put this,but.

Brother Kasey offered to help publicize MGO events a couple years ago. Nobody took him up on it.

He has a camera and pen and works for newspapers and radio and TV stations IIRC.

Why the PTB didn't take advantage of this resource is beyond me.I see he's active here again in the classifieds.Go get him.

dmd7765
07-13-2014, 12:46 PM
I didn't know about this I will reach out to him

DMD7765

TomE
07-13-2014, 02:13 PM
I didn't know about this I will reach out to him

DMD7765
That might have been before your time here. I had forgot about it myself.

dmd7765
07-13-2014, 02:37 PM
That might have been before your time here. I had forgot about it myself.

I have sent him a pm. We could use some help getting the word out about our events, like the big 3 picnic in Muskegon.