PDA

View Full Version : G35, 9mm conversion barrel range report(Update)

JDG
08-12-2012, 12:04 PM
I picked up a G35 Gen4 last week, and finally put a few hundred rounds through it. Along with the gun came a LWD 40-9 threaded conversion barrel, a 9mm extractor, 9mm ejector, assorted springs, Asian 32rd 9mm mag, 11lb spring on a SS guide rod.

In factory form, the G35 ran perfect, no issues whatsoever, nothing to see here....
I did try the 4lb striker spring, and had one light primer hit, so thats gonna stay out of the pistol. The pull was greatly reduced, but not worth another light strike.

The 9mm conversion barrel however, had some issues. I didn't rule out the given to me Ultramax ammo since it is all I brought with me, but I had 5 stovepipe jams in a 100 rounds. Even with the 11lb recoil spring, the cases were landing on my right foot, so the stuff must be pretty weak.
The stovepipe failures happened with the 9mm extractor, as well as with the 40cal installed. Next time out, I will bring my reloads, and if that dont fix it, I'll try the 9mm ejector housing which I didnt try this time. The 32rd Asian mag ran perfect, but I have a few G17 mags on the way. The 9mm barrel was accurate, and will end up with a can for it in the near future!!
I'm very happy with this new pistol, and hope the ammo was my issue using the 9mm barrel.

frostbolt
08-12-2012, 09:40 PM
i heard the KKM barrels were allot better quality than lonewolfs they cost a little more but you should only ever need to buy one

JDG
08-13-2012, 04:30 AM
i heard the KKM barrels were allot better quality than lonewolfs they cost a little more but you should only ever need to buy one
Cant see the barrel being the issue, fits the slide well, groups good. Stove pipes are a sign of weak ammo, or the ejector not hitting right, I'll find out soon testing some hydrashocks...

JDG
08-18-2012, 11:16 AM
The trigger housing seems to have fixed the issue. The 9mm ejector hangs over quite a bit more towards center compared to the 40 cal housing, so alls well! My reloads clocked out at 1200+ fps over the chrony, and maybe fell 3' to my 4 o clock. The 40cal mags also ran 100% shooting the 9mm ammo, but like the correct mags for the job, good to know they work however.

only1more
09-17-2012, 06:43 PM
The trigger housing seems to have fixed the issue. The 9mm ejector hangs over quite a bit more towards center compared to the 40 cal housing, so alls well! My reloads clocked out at 1200+ fps over the chrony, and maybe fell 3' to my 4 o clock. The 40cal mags also ran 100% shooting the 9mm ammo, but like the correct mags for the job, good to know they work however.
I do not understand what Yo mean ? The trigger was the cause of stovepipes?

JDG
09-18-2012, 04:31 AM
I do not understand what Yo mean ? The trigger was the cause of stovepipes?

The 9mm Ejector housing fixed it.