PDA

View Full Version : N82Tactical (Nate Squared) Professional Holster arrived

garrykolb
08-15-2012, 08:50 PM
Love my Kimber Ultra TLE II. Hate carrying it. The sharp edges always find a way to dig in to me. I just discovered the N82Tactical (Nate Squared) Professional for the Kimber (http://n82tactical.com/n82store/?page_id=2893).

They make three models - Original, Original Tuckable and Professional - I opted for the up-level Professional model. From their website:
---
The Nate Squared Tactical Professional holster is the ultimate IWB (inside-the-waistband) holster. It has all the comfort of our Original design, but comes with the following additional features:

ADJUSTABLE CANT
TUCKABLE
EXCELLENT POSITIVE RETENTION
The holster is made of polycarbonate, which is an extremely durable thermoplastic. Common uses range from cd's & dvd's to bullet resistant glass. We chose to use polycarbonate because it has 30% more tensile strength and almost double the impact strength of acrylic-polyvinyl chloride, which is the material used by many of the most popular IWB holsters on the market today. All of this simply means that the Professional holster is made of the highest quality materials available. Using polycarbonate also allowed us to develop a positive retention IWB holster with our Twist Release SystemTM.

When the holster is worn, your body puts pressure against the backing, which presses the firearm against the polycarbonate. As shown in the cutaway (image 1) the polycarbonate actually holds the firearm in place and provides additional security for the retention of your firearm. Simply drive your thumb between the holster and the grip, then slightly twist the grip toward your body to release the trigger guard from the retention bump (image 2) for a smooth draw!

As with most holsters, when your holster is new the retention level may seem exaggerated, but as the leather, neoprene, and suede form to your firearm and to your body over the first few days, you will notice the draw becoming much smoother.
---

They make holsters for:
BERETTA GLOCK RUGER
BERSA HK SIG SAUER
COLT KAHR SMITH & WESSON
CZ-USA KEL TEC SPRINGFIELD
DIAMONDBACK KIMBER TAURUS
FNH-USA PARA WALTHER

I like the design as it completely stops the gun from contacting my body. No more digging in. The polycarbonate shell holds the gun very securely and the twist-release system is pretty simple and intuitive. The back is a very nice suade texture and feels like it won't move.

More to come once I get out and about with it. Initial impressions are that it is a very nice holster - looking forward to wearing the Kimber again.

brotheryang
08-15-2012, 11:00 PM
Please provide an update. They sound very interesting. I am curious about the retention on the original and the tuckable model. Thanks for the post.

RSF
08-16-2012, 07:16 AM
Please provide an update. They sound very interesting. I am curious about the retention on the original and the tuckable model. Thanks for the post.

so how do you get a master grip on the gun?
now you have to go against a natural motion of a drawstroke to twist inboard and release and relearn a whole new process?

pkuptruck
08-16-2012, 07:18 AM
now you have to go against a natural motion of a drawstroke to twist inboard and release and relearn a whole new process?

maybe.... BUT IS SURE MAKES YOU LOOK GOOD!! LOL

RSF
08-16-2012, 07:23 AM
maybe.... BUT IS SURE MAKES YOU LOOK GOOD!! LOL

simple questions that is all?
i like new gear but it has to be smart gear and intuitive

brotheryang
08-16-2012, 02:14 PM
From what I can tell on their site, it is only the professional model that requires that and has the plastic, unless I am reading it wrong. I e-mailed them and they said the retention on the Original and Original Tuckable is excellent. Of course, they aren't going to say anything else. I didn't like the polycarbonate aspect of it either. Hopefully the OP will update as to how it is in real life use.

garrykolb
08-20-2012, 09:03 PM

Wore the holster for a day and found it very comfortable. As far as the grip/draw goes - yes, it is different. First, obviously, it isn't a combat grip, so you have to push your thumb in between the holster & gun. Because the holster material is softer that cowhide, it is a very simple process. The slight change in the draw is a very slight twist clockwise, in to your body and a normal draw. Twist is probably overstating it.

So far, I'm pretty happy with it. Time will tell.

garrykolb
08-20-2012, 09:05 PM

Can't answer any retention questions about those models as I got the professional model. Please see my other reply in this thread for my first impressions.

garrykolb
08-20-2012, 09:08 PM
From what I can tell on their site, it is only the professional model that requires that and has the plastic, unless I am reading it wrong. I e-mailed them and they said the retention on the Original and Original Tuckable is excellent. Of course, they aren't going to say anything else. I didn't like the polycarbonate aspect of it either. Hopefully the OP will update as to how it is in real life use.

The professional is polycarbonate. The other models are stretchy material. I was very pleased with my first outing. I did some practice draws and found it fairly simple, just a very slight inboard twist to release.

brotheryang
08-22-2012, 02:05 PM
I ordered an original based on your recommendation and some others. Looking forward to trying it. If it sucks, you owe me $40! Just kidding. I'm glad you made this post, it looks like it would be very comfortable, especially where I prefer to carry, behind the hip. Thanks and I'll let you know my experience with it.

garrykolb
08-22-2012, 08:47 PM
I ordered an original based on your recommendation and some others. Looking forward to trying it. If it sucks, you owe me $40! Just kidding. I'm glad you made this post, it looks like it would be very comfortable, especially where I prefer to carry, behind the hip. Thanks and I'll let you know my experience with it.

I wear at 4 o'clock. I like the fact that it is stable with a single clip - unlike the wide, double clips of the Crossbreed and Crossbreed look-alikes. Definately let us know how the retention is. The one disadvantage, however, will be reholstering. That only is an issue of you are practicing. If you have to draw, I don't think reholstering will be an issue. :-)

brotheryang
08-27-2012, 07:44 PM
Well, it's only been a day, but the results so far are remarkable. I ordered the Original, which arrived today. I will be the first to admit, I was a little skeptical. But I am about 9 hours in and this is by far the most comfortable thing I have worn. I am carrying a M&P 9 compact. While it's no 1911 or anything, I am a small guy. I have been carrying it at the 8:00 position (yes, I'm a lefty). I also happen to have a pair of shorts that are snug without the added feature of a gun tucked into the waistline! And again, quite comfortable. As far as the retention goes, I was again, skeptical. But it is quite good. I have not done cartwheels or anything, but I have jumped up and down, jogged in place, bent over to tie shoes, etc., and the gun or holster has not budged. Re-holstering after a practice draw is not as simple as slapping it back into a piece of Kydex, but it is not as hard as I thought it would be either, and the holster does not have to be removed to do it.
I would recommend this holster to anyone. Heck, they are even guaranteed for life. And mine shipped two days after I ordered it, not bad for a lefty holster! I will be ordering more for every gun I buy, in fact I have even looked to see if they make ones to fit guns I am thinking of getting, if that says anything.

brotheryang
08-27-2012, 07:56 PM
And Garry, thanks again for the original post. I had been searching and looking at holsters for weeks and never ran across these guys. I'm not sure I would of. Hell, this alone makes the MGO membership worthwhile! :score:

garrykolb
08-27-2012, 08:24 PM
And Garry, thanks again for the original post. I had been searching and looking at holsters for weeks and never ran across these guys. I'm not sure I would of. Hell, this alone makes the MGO membership worthwhile! :score:

This is what makes a community work! Glad to hear about your positive experience! Still feeling good about mine, despite other's comments about the polycarb. Wore it last Friday (was off work) - stopped by the office, which is weapon-free - a quick draw and stash - did my office stuff - a quick re-holster and off to run errands.

JohnJak
08-29-2012, 08:41 AM
I just can't imagine any inside belt holster feeling comfortable.

.40 Cal
08-29-2012, 09:16 AM
I was skeptical too; but I've had mine since June. Bought the Pro model and I'm telling you; in the heat; 12 hours a day or longer; it's comfortable.

I've since added other holsters to my carry scheme; but when every I desire deep concealment and comfort this is the holster I turn to!

These guys got it right. :score:

krs7272
09-04-2012, 06:37 PM
I received my N82 Professional holster the other day. Very comfortable. But like others had asked. I'm not sure if I like the twist and release deal. I also am a lefty and if i position it at 8 unholstering seem easier than 9. I ordered their regular version so i can try both and decide.

I talked to them and they said i can return one or both if i dont like them. Ahe said they prefer under 30 days. Will report back after i have used both.