PDA

View Full Version : Looking for hunting land...

gbs328
08-26-2012, 08:33 AM
My son and I are looking for land for bow or gun hunting. No smoking or drinking and we would only leave footprints. Willing to pay for use. If you know anyone that might have land please pass along my information. Thank you...

Jr.BowmanMI
09-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Look at the Hunter Access Program,
BTW its a PDF file and might be a long download with 56k

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dnr/0607HAP_174892_7.pdf

matt11
09-04-2012, 09:39 PM
I hunt in central michigan, there are 6,000 acres of state land in one area alone near me.

Single Malt
09-08-2012, 09:46 AM
I hunt in central michigan, there are 6,000 acres of state land in one area alone near me.

Is it a pumpkin patch come opening day? Must be good for bow I'd imagine.

Ducky
09-12-2012, 07:13 PM
I know the feeling. I am looking for a place for my son. If I get a place....fine, but it's more for my 14 year old.

We are goingto need north of M46 since we don't have shotgun. I'll look into that PDF. We are also the no-trace kinda guys. I have been a longer time member of conservation and pass that down.

Tango125INF11b
09-13-2012, 01:46 AM
I know the feeling. I am looking for a place for my son. If I get a place....fine, but it's more for my 14 year old.

We are goingto need north of M46 since we don't have shotgun. I'll look into that PDF. We are also the no-trace kinda guys. I have been a longer time member of conservation and pass that down.

It's not private property, but it's above the shotgun line, and the last 5 years it has been fairly empty. I used to hunt this from 1988-2003 with my old man. There is state land off of Fenmore Rd. in Marion Springs (Just outside of Merrill) It's not a bad area, and if you head toward the pines by the creek, the deer run about 7am and again at 8-9am, then around 5-6pm. Don't ask why, that's just the time my old man and I noticed they seem to come every year in the same spot. If you have a doe permit, your practically guaranteed meat. Normal permit, some sitting may be required. If you are sitting there from 10am-4pm you are practically wasting your time. They usually bed down then by the pines. Again, I know this isn't private land, but I hope it helps guys.
https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb&ie=UTF-8&q=Marion+Springs,+MI&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Marion+Springs,&hnear=0x4d4caa3dc7ca0411:0x97dd48597a62c9b3,Michig an&cid=0,0,16105307398773349015&ei=jn9RUMv1IqTL2QXXpYG4Bw&ved=0CHAQ_BIwAw
And for the record, I don't hunt there anymore, so have at my old ground blind. My old man and I built like 4 or 5 back there. I took some kids paintballing back there a couple years ago and they were still up.

turkeyhunter62
09-14-2012, 08:25 AM
I have a lot of private land leased in the UP... I offer really good hunts on this land that is perfect for a father son hunt. We have a great camp with meals etc... It is more of a hunting camp than a guided hunt. Our people generally come back year after year... some of them for the last 25 years.

We are a "Break even" outfit... not here to make a profit. On a good year, we break even. This is my very expensive hobby.

We lease 3500 acres of private farmland with some of the highest deer densities in Michigan. We have been managing for 8 point and better bucks for many MANY years and our hunters almost all get a chance at a buck of this size.

Would gladly help you and your son. I raised two boys myself and now I am raising a grandson and do this to give them a place to hunt.