PDA

View Full Version : Walleye on lake erie/detroit river? where?

stevie-f
09-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Anyone have any suggestions where to fish for walleye? Decided yesterday to head out this evening and can't seem to find any good information where to fish for them.

Ruger
09-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Anyone have any suggestions where to fish for walleye? Decided yesterday to head out this evening and can't seem to find any good information where to fish for them.

Trenton channel

.40 Cal
09-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Trenton channel
Yeah definately... We used to go right behind the Trenton Channel Power Plant adjacent to Elizabeth Park in Trenton and fish them out of there...Good times but that was a while ago..

stevie-f
09-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Trenton channel

thanks I will check that spot out.

wardog6t
09-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Sterling State Park is probably your best bet.. Pretty much the perch have moved in.. You can get your limit in a couple of hours. Weeds are so bad this time of year its a bit tough to catch walleye unless your pulling wire at night or heading to Canada.

mikethepike
09-08-2012, 12:28 PM
I wouldnt head out today...25-30mph winds--Sunday would be the day.

The Trenton channel is always a good bet either going with the current trolling crawler harnesses or against the current pulling hot-n-tots

You can try the lake pulling bottom bouncers / trolling but its all up to you and how much gas you wanna burn

http://i.imgur.com/9JNW1.jpg

Quack Addict
09-10-2012, 09:44 AM
I use to fish out of Bolles Harbor a lot but never this late in the year. Definitely not my favorite place to fish, we either limited or narrowly avoided the skunk with 1 or 2. Something about fishing within sight of 3 different nuke plants just didn't hold my interest either.

Lake Erie makes for some interesting waves. Over the years I speared 2 or 3 waves out there with my 23' Rinker / cuddy cabin that put water in the boat and that wasn't hot-dogging it. That boat easily got 5x the use on Lake Michigan and I never stabbed a wave out there.

My current boat is too much to drag down there for a day. Started fishing Saginaw Bay a couple years ago on a friend's boat and we do well most times there but again, it's late in the season...