PDA

View Full Version : Hey turkey hunters

Done Deal
03-24-2007, 06:15 PM
central Michigan flocks are splitting up and toms are talking if you are out and about first thing.

Gotta love this time of year.

Who all is chasing the ugly suckers?

taurus92
03-25-2007, 06:47 AM
Usually do but not this year.

fbuckner
03-25-2007, 10:11 AM
I have a couple of close friends I already told they could hunt here. Imissed the big boy last fall and got his little brother. I am hoping to get Mr Big before they do..

Done Deal
03-25-2007, 12:03 PM
There is a serious bird just up the road at the neigbors but...prolly won't get a crack at that one.

Have one double beard (for sure) running around that will score well but there is going to be lot competition the first hunt and birds will get educated in a heart beat.

My plan is to bow hunt this year and there is plenty of time to come up with a plan.

Autumnlovr
03-26-2007, 05:03 PM
I picked the all-May hunt this year. So....it'll be a bit before I can chase them. I did see a beauty of a gobbler across the street this weekend. It's hard to judge size/poundage at 300+ yards but with the spotting scope on him, I could see a paintbrush of a beard hanging WAY down his chest.

zcolt45
03-26-2007, 05:33 PM
Yup, we enjoy watching them fly around here.

Seen 4 on Sunday south of our place, they sure look funny up in the air.

I think there are too many aound here and the DNR keeps moving them.
(seen one road kill at the end of the AP runway on M81, Caro)
they always seem to find there way back.

Hope we get to see all the chicks when they hatch later this year.

The Vassar game area is a good place to find them, if you are looking. :razz:

Done Deal
03-27-2007, 06:57 AM
Hope we get to see all the chicks when they hatch later this year.

And the poults too....:razz:

wwjmaj
04-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Last Saturday and Sunday we saw several flocks with strutting Jakes up around Thompsonville. Also got a look at my first albino deer west of Mesick...and got stuck at dark on a two track...finally a couple of locals took pity on us and pulled us on through...THANKS to who ever you were.

Done Deal
04-03-2007, 06:59 AM
Yikes....seriously cold weather this weekend. I certainly hope that doesn't mess things up with any early nests.