PDA

View Full Version : My form 4 went pending May 25

Yooper55
09-16-2012, 08:59 AM
It was that or the 15th of May. The seller called me on the 15th of Sept. Great I see the number and am ready to pick up my gun. He says the form 4 was returned because of CLEO signature or something needed to be added. So I guess that means once I get that sent back it will be approved. Anyone else have this happen? How long of a wait was it after you were approved upon sending form 4 back?
Thanks all who answer.

rexzor2007
09-16-2012, 09:13 AM
I remember seeing others posting about this issue and the ones that followed up on it said it came back 1-2 weeks later approved. I have heard from a couple sources that your form 4 goes back to the spot it was in when they noticed the error so you should be enjoying your suppressor pretty soon. Hang in there. It's worth it!

Revdrshad
09-18-2012, 12:15 AM
Dealer made a mistake on my form 4.
They received it back on 8-8-12. Mailed it back the same day. And I picked up my suppressor 9-16-12! WOOHOO!!

So 5 weeks, one day... Interesting that they called me on a Sunday to get my item...
The Stamp is signed and dated 9-4-12...

Yooper55
09-18-2012, 08:40 AM
Great....I can't wait to get my gun. :deal2:
The Captian signed as CLEO. They wanted him to add "by" and the chief's name.

Revdrshad
09-18-2012, 11:42 PM
It seems they like to nit-pick every little thing they can. So, the next form 4 I do, I will add more than the necessary wording if I can.

My model was an "Osprey" And they wanted it to say "Osprey45"

So, if my dealer agrees, we'll just put as much info as possible.

Or maybe compare it to the dealer transfer form (Form 3?) and make sure every "T" is crossed and every "i" dotted. Because I figure the ATF must be comparing small details to something... And the Dealer transfer form (In my case) is the only thing I can think of.

rjrivero
09-19-2012, 08:56 AM
It seems they like to nit-pick every little thing they can. So, the next form 4 I do, I will add more than the necessary wording if I can.

My model was an "Osprey" And they wanted it to say "Osprey45"

So, if my dealer agrees, we'll just put as much info as possible.

Or maybe compare it to the dealer transfer form (Form 3?) and make sure every "T" is crossed and every "i" dotted. Because I figure the ATF must be comparing small details to something... And the Dealer transfer form (In my case) is the only thing I can think of.
The real "trick" is to make sure everything that is engraved on the Suppressor is on the form. The Suppressor must be engraved with Model Name, Serial Number, MFG Name, City, ST.

So if you put everything from the suppressor on your form 4, then you CAN'T be wrong.

Revdrshad
09-19-2012, 05:47 PM
That seems like the best advice. I will just go over everything over and over and over again before letting my dealer send it in. :deal2:

Yooper55
09-19-2012, 06:51 PM
That seems like the best advice. I will just go over everything over and over and over again before letting my dealer send it in. :deal2:
Check it over 4 times then check it over again, mail once. :thumbup:

Yooper55
09-25-2012, 04:19 PM
I called and they said it went into approval 09-19-12.
Any day now.

GarrettJ
09-25-2012, 04:55 PM
The real "trick" is to make sure everything that is engraved on the Suppressor is on the form. The Suppressor must be engraved with Model Name, Serial Number, MFG Name, City, ST.

So if you put everything from the suppressor on your form 4, then you CAN'T be wrong.
Not necessarily. From what I've read elsewhere, it appears they are going by what was on the original registration. I've got a Triple-X Warrior, where my SOT wrote the model as "Warrior" on the Form 4 (which is what was on the Form 3 when it transferred to him). The form was approved, but with the notation "4d model Triple-X".

Obviously, this was back before ATF started picking nits and would just make obvious corrections if necessary. It appears those days are long gone, though.

Yooper55
10-05-2012, 08:31 AM
Still waiting. :-(