PDA

View Full Version : Carbine II april 28th

RSF
04-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Ok here it is.

carbine II April 28th
this is the next level to really get you going and to push yourself and your gear

some new drills and some old,
new postional cover uses and more.

guys Pm me or email me for sign up.........

http://michigantrainer.com/Carbine_II-brass_call.jpg

http://michigantrainer.com/197299502_d009e106e6.jpg

RSF
04-04-2007, 08:06 AM
4 slots left...

Thanks to all that signed up all ready.

mitommy
04-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Steve's classes are always a lot of good hard work. There is nothing like learning to run your gun properly at full speed and under pressure.

I wish this was later in the year. My knee won't be ready by then.

RSF
04-04-2007, 12:13 PM
there will be one more tommy iam pretty sure

sprink
04-30-2007, 07:57 PM
That was a great class.

10 shooters, all ready to go! We checked zero, everyone was good to go....good sign. From there, right into it. We ran drills 50 yards to 3 yards, carbine and pistol as necessary. A good group kept it going.

We had only a couple of failures. One broken Glock (one of the pins broke), a couple of dry guns, a stuck case (rim ripped off, needed rod) and a stuck cartridge (mortar clear).

We ran all day and up to about 6PM. I know I got a good lesson, I'm a little sore today, legs and shoulders.

I learned I need to work on some of the details outside of sending lead downrange. Reloads, transition, equipment issues...etc.

If you know how to shoot an AR or AK, you should take one of these classes and learn to really use it.

Thanks Steve.

RSF
04-30-2007, 09:15 PM
glad you got a lot of it Greg, most think a class is about rounds downrange and just shooting,

Well it is in part, the biggest part is finding your weakness in yourself, your gear and your manipulation of all the above.....

most say, yes my gun is real reliable etc...... every single class I have ever taught be it handgun or carbine shotgun we have broken guns, optics and gear...... when that person says that I know they have never run there gear hard or themselves...........

that glock that broke had less than 2k rounds down range

lee
05-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Being that I run Glocks, could you explain what is meant by " one of the pins broke". Just would like to know what kind of failure it was. I'm also running a new EBR and really want to test it out under more "real" conditions.

My new EBR needs a single point sling. Can you reccomend a single point .

RSF
05-02-2007, 10:48 PM
The Glock had a broken locking block pin

as for slings go with Blueforce gear i have switched over all my guns except one to the BFG vickers sling 2 point much better set up over the single point for classes and long hours on gun.

get with chuck at operation parts.com he is local and fast shipping and a good guy