PDA

View Full Version : Barrel threading in Downriver area?

kbdm
09-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Hi all. Thanks to Shyster helping me set up my trust Ive gotten my first suppressor and am looking to get a barrel threaded.

I have one of the original S&W MP 15/22s and would like to get the barrel threaded for 1/2-28.

I've done some searches and seen Dougwg name come up and have sent him a pm a while ago with no reply so figure I'd ask here openly.

I've know about services by jpgrips.com of course adco but would rather use someone more local. Not crazy about the ideal of shipping my barrel, would rather do a FTF.

Thanks for any help and everyone enjoy your Friday night.

tedalton
09-22-2012, 07:31 AM
Adco (http://www.adcofirearms.com/) They're in Toledo, so a little drive, but they are the best.

rjrivero
09-22-2012, 04:26 PM
Adco (http://www.adcofirearms.com/) They're in Toledo, so a little drive, but they are the best.
Thanks for your endorsement.

kbdm
09-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Rjrivero, are you with Adco?

Placed an order online with them yesterday for two barrels threaded with thread protectors.

Im off workTuesday so will drive down and drop them off.

rjrivero
09-23-2012, 05:13 PM
Rjrivero, are you with Adco?

Placed an order online with them yesterday for two barrels threaded with thread protectors.

Im off workTuesday so will drive down and drop them off.
Yep. I work part time with them. We appreciate your business.

Revdrshad
09-24-2012, 07:08 PM
I keep hearing ADCO is the place to go.

Keep us posted...

IndustrialRescue
09-25-2012, 01:24 PM

THIS! Adco is the ONLY place to trust.

kbdm
09-25-2012, 03:21 PM
Was a nice day for a drive.
Dropped off two barrels, the 15-22 and my savage 10 pc.

Nice shop they've got there.

rjrivero
09-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Was a nice day for a drive.
Dropped off two barrels, the 15-22 and my savage 10 pc.

Nice shop they've got there.
Sorry I missed you. Stuck at the day job today. Maybe I'll see you when you pick them up!

Revdrshad
09-25-2012, 06:44 PM
I can't seem to actually find the link to email them some questions I have though...:wave:

rjrivero
09-25-2012, 10:08 PM
I can't seem to actually find the link to email them some questions I have though...:wave:
steve@adcofirearms.com or dave@adcofirearms.com

I have an email there too, but I'm in and out, so sending me emails isn't the best course of action unless you want to talk product development questions.

But you can PM me here for those!

Revdrshad
09-25-2012, 11:51 PM
Thank You!!

kbdm
09-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Dropped the barrels off Tuesday and Steve emailed me yesterday (Saturday morning) that they were done.

Left work early and bolted down there to pick them up.

They look great and you can't beat that turn around!!!!

Too bad I'm stuck here at work til Friday this week.

Thanks ADCO!!!

rjrivero
09-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Dropped the barrels off Tuesday and Steve emailed me yesterday (Saturday morning) that they were done.

Left work early and bolted down there to pick them up.

They look great and you can't beat that turn around!!!!

Too bad I'm stuck here at work til Friday this week.

Thanks ADCO!!!
Glad to hear it. What time did you come down? I was at the shop until 12:30 messing around in the back on the bench.

kbdm
09-30-2012, 11:35 AM
Got there 1:45 or there abouts. Caught some traffic on 94 heading there and wasnt sure if I was going to make it.

Knew that Id be working all this week so if I didnt get them Sat the next day possible for me to get down there would have been next Friday.

Felt like a kid putting the 15-22 back together and threading the suppressor on it.

Sorry to have missed you, been seeing your name while lurking over on silencertalk for ideals for some form 1s I might want to do.

Revdrshad
09-30-2012, 11:58 PM
Hey RJ,

Can you explain what "Milling" a Muzzle device off means? From their website.
I have a "Banned" Armalite with a pinned muzzle brake. Does milling somehow "cut" the pin out and save the threads? The barrel has what looks like a .25" ish pin head slightly visible under the Bluing...

rjrivero
10-01-2012, 09:03 AM
Hey RJ,

Can you explain what "Milling" a Muzzle device off means? From their website.
I have a "Banned" Armalite with a pinned muzzle brake. Does milling somehow "cut" the pin out and save the threads? The barrel has what looks like a .25" ish pin head slightly visible under the Bluing...
When we take off a muzzle device that is permanently attached, we will locate the pin, then put it in the mill to cut a flat spot through the muzzle device and remove the entire blind pin. Then we can remove the pin easily and back the muzzle device off the barrel without destroying the threads. The muzzle device that we removed is no longer useable.
Here's a picture of the muzzle devices after we mill them off:

http://www.adcofirearms.com/detailpics/removed.jpg

Ihsahn
10-01-2012, 04:27 PM
I'll chime in with another recommendation for ADCO, they do good work and turn around is good too

Revdrshad
10-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the response!! :scratch: I've wanted to get this done for a while and I've been concerned with whether the stock threads would survive or not...

35percent
10-07-2012, 10:19 PM
rjrivero - Were you at Paul-E-Paulooza?

I've ben looking for a place to cut and thread my AR barrel and I'll be going with ADCO.

rjrivero
10-08-2012, 05:31 AM
rjrivero - Were you at Paul-E-Paulooza?

I've ben looking for a place to cut and thread my AR barrel and I'll be going with ADCO.
Yes I was. Fun time for all!