PDA

View Full Version : Bow hunting on my land

Jackam
09-23-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm looking for a special couple of bow hunters to hunt my property for a weekend or two in October. The 40 acres is South of West Branch. Totally wooded and 7 acres of cedar swamp with a stream. We always have excellent luck bow hunting.

Now for the special hunter part..... would love to have a father and son/daughter combo. I'm talking kids - inexperienced hunters. I do not allow crossbows, and I'm not all that crazy about releases (but have tolerated them in the past.)

I have tree stands all set up and will more than likely have them baited. You would be welcome to hunt one of them or use a pop up ground blind if you'd rather.

I have a 8x40' mobile home on the property that isn't much but we like it. I have no electricity and no running water. You would be welcome to the pullout couch or bring your own tent/camper.

You have to agree to leave my neighbors alone, follow all the laws, and stay in your stand when it's hunting time. My son and I hunt bucks only but we've shot lots of deer and that's what we're after. You decide what deer to shoot or not to shoot - (I wasn't picky on my (or my kids) first several deer. The object is to have fun and excitement!)

One year, I made this offer and the dad/son went out and sat, then walked the entire property for the rest of the evening. This messed up my hunting and maybe a neighbor if they were out hunting. No good!

If you like firearms, by all means bring them. I have a shooting range that is a riot to use in the afternoon.

Ok, I'm done typing. Please PM me if you or someone you know is interested.

keen one
09-26-2012, 05:48 PM
What a noble offer. Thanks for promoting a famliy friendly sport on your property.

jaslfan
09-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Wow. Can I just say wow?
That's awesome.
Yesterday I would have been contacting you.
Today I think I have a tree stand lined up.

Jackam
09-28-2012, 04:25 PM
If you like firearms, by all means bring them. I have a shooting range that is a riot to use in the afternoon.

I was so tired when I wrote this.... what the hell was I thinking???!!! :)

IF you like firearms..... sheese!