PDA

View Full Version : IDPA Match – Saline – April 28th

mitommy
04-10-2007, 09:22 AM
The next IDPA match at the Tri-County Sportsman's League (in Saline) is scheduled for Sat. April 28th. The available times are Noon and 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm. It only takes a couple of hours to shoot the match.
To register, or for more info go to
www.tcsl-idpa.org
You can try just dropping in, but most squads fill up by e-mail registration)

All you need is your carry pistol, a holster, mag pouch, mags (3 is good 4 is better) and 120 rounds of ammo (usually 100 is enough). We make every effort to accommodate everyone (as long as it is safe).

If you are new, just get there a little early to look around. At sign up tell them you are new and they'll help you out

TFin04
04-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Is someone able to just come to watch? I've never been to an IDPA match and I'd like to check it out.

Thanks!

KayL
04-10-2007, 02:17 PM
Tommy isn't online so I'll reply that at our matches, you are encouraged to come and watch. Just bring eyes and ears. I'm sure every club does the same thing.

Edit: I should have said I'm with a different club, not this one.

Kimber45
04-10-2007, 02:28 PM
You can also take all of your gear and tell the match director your new and they will make sure you get some help. They will put you down in the shooting order so you can watch how others do it. Take your gun - you'll wish you did.

KayL
04-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Oh, ya... ditto that. Don't forget a concealment vest, shirt or jacket.

mitommy
04-11-2007, 09:50 AM
People are always welcome to watch. As mentioned earlier, bring your eyes & ears.

I find that most people that come just to watch regret that they didn't bring all their gear. If you bring what you have and decide to shoot we can usually get you in. Even if you are short on gear we can usually get you set up with borowwing what you need.

Either way please speak up that you are new and interested. Someone will be happy to answer your questions.

Now that the weather is breaking (?) there is a match of some sort every weekend. Although we, at Tri-county, shoot year round.

Come on out & give it a try. The worst that happens is you get hooked and have to buy more ammo each month.

TFin04
04-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the info.

I'm not sure what my schedule is like but I will do my best to get out there.