PDA

View Full Version : Magpul and Sig M400 don't mix

vlmuke
09-28-2012, 01:39 AM
I have been shopping for an M4 style AR for some time and I saw the Sig M400 on sale for a really good price so I picked it up, it came with a Magpul stock and forend. I of course wanted to add some things to it, I purchased the B.A.D. Lever, ASAP - Ambidextrous Sling Attachment Point and a MS3 sling.
First thing I did was go to put Sling attachment on, well with the Sig lower it doesn't fit as the Sig lower needs a flat plate instead of the Magpul with two bosses so I had to grind off the two bosses to make it fit, looks nice but sucks that I had to modify parts that were supposed to fit. Went to put on the B.A.D. lever the same thing didn't fit had to grind the lever so it would clear the mag release button and again on the radius to clear the boss surrounding the mag release button, then I had to touch the areas that I had modify. So I was rather disapointed in this from Magpul.

The pictures for the MS3 sling were backwards, I had to read the instructions to get it to work properly.

However the Mags work great!!!

musashi
09-28-2012, 05:29 AM
You don't really expect magpul to change their design that works on 99.9% of rifles because SIG makes out of standard spec stuff do you? It's more of a sig problem than a magpul problem. Why didn't you just use the flush cup built into the lower? That's why sig put them there.

vlmuke
09-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Flush Cup??? No I don't expect them to change, I was just letting everyone know that the problems I encountered well, actually magpul did have the instruction pictures backward on the sling thought. so either they would know what to do, I guess maybe you are right its SIG for changing the design of a mil spec rifle.

OK went and looked OK I see what that is used for, now didn' t know and the gun shop guy was clueless at least he did admit that well that would have saved me some money, Thanks

But I guess my point is they still don't mix.

musashi
09-28-2012, 10:46 AM
On the rear of the lower there is a recessed hole, that is for quick attach slings.

I have an ms3 and did not notice the instructions were incorrect. What was wrong with them.

Dabears!
09-28-2012, 10:48 AM
what shop did you get it from?
the QD sling points are a big selling point to some people.
im not fond of the ambi mag release though.

vlmuke
09-29-2012, 09:50 PM
On the rear of the lower there is a recessed hole, that is for quick attach slings.

I have an ms3 and did not notice the instructions were incorrect. What was wrong with them.

Yeah the pics are backward at least on mine, if you read the instructions underneath the pics its the opposite and works.

vlmuke
09-29-2012, 09:52 PM
what shop did you get it from?
the QD sling points are a big selling point to some people.
im not fond of the ambi mag release though.

I got it at Dunhams. price was in flyer

Dabears!
10-01-2012, 09:13 AM
what dunhams sells sig rifles!!!
I havent seen one yet that is kinda awesome haha

vlmuke
10-01-2012, 09:40 PM
what dunhams sells sig rifles!!!
I havent seen one yet that is kinda awesome haha
Yeah they sell the M400 and the 716 they still have the M400 on sale, its a really good price, I'm not sure if all the stores carry them all, as I know the one in Rochester only has a small selection but the one in Sterling heights has a huge selection of rifles. They were running a promotion where you could get 50 or 100 off a non sale rifle, I don't remember if its 50 or 100 but the 716 would fall in that catagory.

Marcus
10-01-2012, 10:09 PM
I got it at Dunhams. price was in flyer

Wow, you can get a MOE Enhanced M400 at Dunhams? How much?

vlmuke
10-02-2012, 10:13 PM
$999.99

Dabears!
10-03-2012, 09:05 AM
not a bad price we have them for 1050.00 dunhams is tough to compete with sometimes.
especially on new shotguns.

Marcus
10-03-2012, 09:19 AM
not a bad price we have them for 1050.00 dunhams is tough to compete with sometimes.

+1
I paid $1049.99 + tax for mine and it seems as it was cheaper then trying to order it off Buds at the time, even though I don't mind paying a little more to have it "now" and support a LGS

vlmuke
10-04-2012, 06:27 PM

If I would have known I would have spent the extra 50 and got one from you as I was sold a couple of Magpul items that one of them I didn't need and another that I needed to modify to get to work, which paying for knowledge is worth it to me as the guy who sold it to me was clueless, but he did admit it.

Dabears!
10-04-2012, 07:42 PM
If I would have known I would have spent the extra 50 and got one from you as I was sold a couple of Magpul items that one of them I didn't need and another that I needed to modify to get to work, which paying for knowledge is worth it to me as the guy who sold it to me was clueless, but he did admit it.
check commercial dealers section.
I try to keep a good list of what we currently jave thats hard to get as do a few others.