PDA

View Full Version : Noveske/MagPul 60* Ambi Safety

Tango125INF11b
10-06-2012, 10:48 PM
First impressions:

Relatively easy to install (Except a couple minor details)
Very tight fitting pieces (selector had to be tapped on with a tiny hammer)
Set screws that hold selector in place are very difficult to screw in
The selector itself seems shorter than the standard (at least on mine)
The plastic is something to get used to (maybe it's a mental thing)
When switching from safe to semi, it obviously takes more effort to switch it. (will this break in and soften up?)

All together it took about 20 mins to install, and ten of those minutes were allocated to the set screws.
I like the fact that it's ambi as well as it being a 60* switch.
Right now I am wondering if it was worth the 37 I paid for it. Anyone else have one out there that has any input?

gazingabove
11-05-2012, 08:37 PM
It functions great and I actually just installed one a few weeks ago. I have always had an issue engaging the safety because of my smaller hands and shorter fingers. I combined the MIAD grip with the longer selector and I have found a great fit. The shorter travel distance to engage/disengage the safety makes my cold to hot transition faster and easier.....

Tango125INF11b
11-06-2012, 01:31 AM
It functions great and I actually just installed one a few weeks ago. I have always had an issue engaging the safety because of my smaller hands and shorter fingers. I combined the MIAD grip with the longer selector and I have found a great fit. The shorter travel distance to engage/disengage the safety makes my cold to hot transition faster and easier.....

Same here brother. I should have updated this. I love it man. It's still weird feeling plastic there instead of aluminum, but the transition is wonderful.

mcintosh
01-10-2013, 11:11 PM
I've stippled mine, it gives really good traction with or without gloves.