PDA

View Full Version : New Member

rogero
05-09-2007, 08:43 AM
:scratch: Hi All,:fur3:
Another newbie from, Davison / Lapeer area. Just found this site today and thought I would sign on. I see there's alot of news to read in this forum. I am also signed onto the Michigancpl forum. This is a new forum just getting started. Looking forward to much reading. As for my job, I'm a LEO working in Jail/Corrections. Many of years invested. I have a Mi/CPL.
Guns I have,
M&P 40 cal.:wow:
Glock 23
Kel-Tech 380
S&M model 15-2
M&P 45 cal. DE on order just waiting. :grin:

Rogero:-P :grin:

Update : I bought the M&P 45 cal. got the black model, could not wait for the Dark Earth to be made later this summer. Wow nice weapon. I traded in my Model 15-2. Got a good deal. I also preview the M&P 9cmm, Oh boy did i like that. Might be having to get one, oh ya.

LivoniaDan
05-09-2007, 08:48 AM
WELCOME!!!!!

gjgalligan
05-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Welcome!

geoallison
05-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Welcome

Garbo
05-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Welcome

Have you fired an M&P .45 yet?? Just curious how it shoots. I also have the .40 and am fond of it. Looking to get my hands on the .45 as well if it shoots as nice as the .40.

fbuckner
05-09-2007, 11:40 AM
Welcome I also have the M&P .40 and am very fond of its function.

rogero
05-09-2007, 11:52 AM
No, I haven't shot the 45 cal yet, but several of my co-workers attended a S&W class and they were able to shoot it and they said it was great. I can't wait to get mine. I heard that the Dark Earth, model will be out soon, only the black models are being shipped right now. I want one bad enough I just might change my mind and go get the black model. After that I would like the 9mm compact. But right now thats just dreaming.

Thanks for all the Welcome's

Rogero Lapeer / Davison

NickS
05-09-2007, 12:32 PM
Welcome aboard Rogero. Glad you found us. Looking forward to meeting you at a shoot someday!

Batman
05-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Welcome!

KayL
05-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Guns I have
M&P 40 cal.
Glock 23
Kel-Tech 380
S&M model 15-2
M&P 45 cal. DE on order just waiting.

Welcome. Nice start on that list. :pistols:

rogero
05-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Ok here's the scoop. Shot the M&P 45 cal. today 100 rounds, and I liked it very much. It shoots just a nice as the 40 cal. which I also put 100 rounds through today. I give Smith & Wesson, thumbs up. My next one is looking like the 9mm compact. Might as well make it a family thing.

rogero / Davison

KayL
05-20-2007, 08:38 AM
Might as well make it a family thing.
I like to do that too. Either get each caliber same model, or get each barrel length same caliber. I hate to break up families...

Garbo
05-20-2007, 08:47 AM
Decisions decisions,,, was thinking of a 9mm just for a cheep shooter yet something i'm not afraid to carry but i really want dat .45. Anyone got a coin?

KayL
05-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Decisions decisions,,, was thinking of a 9mm just for a cheep shooter yet something i'm not afraid to carry but i really want dat .45. Anyone got a coin?
Oh, no coins. That's what layaway was invented for.
A. You can buy anything you want.
B. It's as if you never paid for it - it's totally painless.
C. Everybody she's-a happy!

rogero
05-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Go for both, its only money, and yes there are layaways out there. I really like both I have. Not much difference in shooting either. I think my 380 has more kick to it.

rogero:pistols:

KayL
05-21-2007, 10:51 PM
Ya, well the layaway bug bit me again this past weekend. I know I shouldn't even go in the gun store because it never fails I will find something I 'need.' A .22 based on a .380 Firestorm/Bersa called the FS22. It's the entire Bersa pistol body but with a 6" barrel. Talk about wierd looking. Kinda Luger-ish with the skinny barrel sticking way out. This pistol was so funny looking I had to buy it. Good enough reason, don't you think!!!??? (My hubby laffed at me.) Cheap too. So i poked around on some forums and everyone loves it! That's a good sign. It will be a great plinker or to use for Women's Day at the range.

Now everybody she's-a happy!!!

fbuckner
05-22-2007, 12:12 AM
That purchase was all my fault . I am so sorry I didnt know she was an impulse shopper...

KayL
05-22-2007, 12:22 AM
Oh, thank goodness it wasn't MY fault. Whew.

Roger Roney
05-22-2007, 01:00 AM
Boy, did this "newbie" thread ever get hijacked and drift!

On topic for a moment; Welcome rogero from RogerR!

Now back to our regularly scheduled hijack;
....Talk about wierd looking. Kinda Luger-ish with the skinny barrel sticking way out. This pistol was so funny looking I had to buy it. Good enough reason, don't you think!!!??? (My hubby laffed at me.)...Any reason is a good reason! So where are the pics so we can laff too???

Roger

KayL
05-22-2007, 06:59 AM
Now back to our regularly scheduled hijack;Any reason is a good reason! So where are the pics so we can laff too???
Hi Jack Ing Is What I Live For...

Crappy pix but here goes.

And a link: www.firestorm-sgs.com/22_6_specs.htm

Garbo
05-22-2007, 09:15 AM
That purchase was all my fault . I am so sorry I didnt know she was an impulse shopper...

Yeah its pretty funny how we turn into our kids in a toy store when we walk into a gun store. I've talked myself into more purchases on my own even before the little devil on my shoulder chimmed in. Its also funny how we (or I but I know you all do it too) have to look over each firearm every time you go like there is something new there. Thats like having to look at the menu at Mcdonalds lol.

As far as layaway,,, I've used it before too but then couldnt wait so I just go and pick it up anyway. Not sure why I even bother.

As far as hijacking, well what better way to get a new member in the mix.

Kay are you going to get fitted for one of those cool holders for that one too??

KayL
05-22-2007, 09:53 AM
As far as hijacking, well what better way to get a new member in the mix.
Kay are you going to get fitted for one of those cool holders for that one too??
I agree. Rogero is probably wondering where he went wrong by only having ~5 guns. So far at least. He needs to do more shopping like us!

Cool holder? You mean like my fancy grip, dude? Na. This is no competition pistole. Not for $250 anyway, when my comp pistole was $1200.

Kimber45
05-22-2007, 12:06 PM
Kay,

That pistol looks like a P38.

KayL
05-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Kay,
That pistol looks like a P38.
I was thinking Luger, but yup, you're right!
Isn't it goofy looking??

Kimber45
05-22-2007, 12:29 PM
I was thinking Luger, but yup, you're right!
Isn't it goofy looking??

Too goofy for a lovely lady like you. I'll give you $50 for it. It's the least I can do for a lady. ;-)

KayL
05-22-2007, 12:33 PM
Too goofy for a lovely lady like you. I'll give you $50 for it. It's the least I can do for a lady. ;-)
Nice try, but no way, Jose. I'm not falling for that old line. You don't think I was born tomorrow, do you? It's worth at least $75.

wwjmaj
05-22-2007, 01:48 PM
WELCOME ROGERO.

Kay

$75 is a little steep for that Bersa/Luger offspring ...but I'd go $72.50......

Mark

KayL
05-22-2007, 02:02 PM
WELCOME ROGERO.
Kay
$75 is a little steep for that Bersa/Luger offspring ...but I'd go $72.50......
Mark
Uhhh... ummm.... errr.... let me think about it awhile.

(Rogero, do you feel welcome yet?? We are very good at hijacking.)

Roger Roney
05-22-2007, 03:31 PM
...(Rogero, do you feel welcome yet?? We are very good at hijacking.)And Kay's very good at HUGS too, so if you ever meet her, WATCH OUT!!! :evil: :lol: :lol:

Roger

rogero
05-24-2007, 08:06 AM
:clap: OH MY GOD YES, COUNT ME IN, ESPECIALLY FOR THE HUGS. THE HIJACKING WE WILL WORK ON. I REALLY LIKE THIS SITE BETTER NOW TO KNOW THAT WE HAVE KAYL AROUND.
AND YES I HAVE MORE GUNS IN MIND. LAYAWAY IS NOT A PART OF LIFE. I WOULD RATHER BUY AND BE BROKE. A S&W, M&P 9MMC IS MY NEXT BUY.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE GREAT WELCOME,

ROGERO

KayL
05-24-2007, 08:19 AM
You're on for the hugs, RogerO!!!

Hijacking is inherent in my nature apparently. No fixing that I'm afraid. I just consider it going off on a tangent. That's higher math and math is good.

You might reconsider that going broke thing. I've got 2 on layaway right now and I'm rolling in the dough. ha.

Garbo
05-24-2007, 08:19 AM
I think I'm going to have to complete my collection of M&P's as well. I like the fact that they look the same (on a fast look to the laymen anyway) that way its all the same gun right???(around the home ya know what I mean) lol just cant be stored or seen together:whistle:

as far as the hijacking,, this one isnt too bad, at least the topic stayed on something from your original post,, some could originate with a topic on politics and next thing you know we're talking about fishing for salmon in Alaska lol. Sometimes you have to go back 6 pages to reread everything. But its usually pretty fun. Some here like Roger like to keep us in check tho:biggrin: that typically last about 3 posts and we're back at it. Not intentional but it just works out that way.

KayL
05-24-2007, 08:29 AM
I'm doing a mini-version of the same thing with my XDs and Firestorms and Neos and probably others. (oh, ya... looks the same to the little wife. i get it.)

I guess other women buy shoes in every color. Eh.... Boring.

Hey, I figure if we're still talking about guns at the end, we're doing good.

fbuckner
05-24-2007, 10:18 AM
Oh this thread has went by the wayside.. LOL I guess in a nutshell From the EC and MGO's fine membership welcome to our little world of big ideas.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program

rogero
05-24-2007, 11:32 AM
kayl,
email sent your way.

rogero/rost0125
:gossip:

rogero
05-24-2007, 11:43 AM
Garbo, as I just bought the M&P 45, I shot it sat. and it was nice shooting. I really didn't see much difference in the 45 from my 40. Right now I am toying with the grips. I have the large one on the 40 and the med on the large. Figure that out. Then I saw the 9mmc when I got the 45. I knew then I had to get it for another concealed carry.

rogero

Garbo
05-24-2007, 12:30 PM
I'm still playing with the grips too,, just too many options there. Thought it would be nice to have but the options overwhelm me lol.

KayL
05-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Garbo, as I just bought the M&P 45, I shot it sat. and it was nice shooting. I really didn't see much difference in the 45 from my 40. Right now I am toying with the grips. I have the large one on the 40 and the med on the large. Figure that out. Then I saw the 9mmc when I got the 45. I knew then I had to get it for another concealed carry.
RogerO, you may want to bring one of those M&Ps, 3 magazines or more if you have them(!), and 200 rounds of ammo to CCRC Williamston this Saturday, 5/26 for a Caboodle shoot... kinda like a shooting gallery with lots of steel. Also something like IPSC. Two relays - Morning 9am (be there 8:30) and afternoon maybe 12-ish (be there 11:30). We won't know for sure when the pm group will start until the am group gets done and we have lunch. www.ccrifleclub.org (http://www.ccrifleclub.org) for a map.

fbuckner
05-24-2007, 05:21 PM
will you hold my hand if i decide to come out

KayL
05-24-2007, 06:57 PM
Oh sure. Come maybe halfway thru the morning (10-10:30 or so) and I'll show you around a bit. Then you can shoot with me if you want in the afternoon. I'm no good so it won't intimidate you at all.

rogero
05-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Damm, I have to work Sat, this sounds like a great time. I have never been to one yet. Guess I will have to come some day. Pictures on the web site kayl looked like fun.

rogero

KayL
05-24-2007, 08:23 PM
We alternate IDPA matches with Caboodles, so next month will be a regular match. 4th Saturday of the month. Matches require concealment garment, Caboodles don't. Until recently we had 4-5 yrs x 8mos/yr worth of pictures, but the website blew up again and all are lost.

Garbo
06-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Finally got to shoot the M&P .45 today. Felt just like the .40. Wish I would have had the .40 with me to compare. Nice shooter and one of the most accurate times I've ever shot a .45. Thumps up on the gun.

rogero
06-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Garbo, glad to hear you like your 45. I am still please with mine and the 40. Can't wait to get to a shoot now to get a hug from KayL.

rogero / be safe:-)

Garbo
06-01-2007, 08:34 PM
It was a rental, Thats whats nice about the Firing Line in Westland,, they have a pretty good selection of handguns to shoot for like $9 I think it was. Nice to shoot em before you buy em. Now I'm debating.

KayL
06-01-2007, 09:57 PM
It was a rental, Thats whats nice about the Firing Line in Westland,, they have a pretty good selection of handguns to shoot for like $9 I think it was. Nice to shoot em before you buy em. Now I'm debating.
Since you already have the .40, put the .45 on layaway, duh.

getom59
06-13-2007, 09:05 PM
Hello all. I am Glenn and live the SE corner of the state. I 48 now and have been a hunter/shooter most all my life. I mostly shoot .22's now and do it about every week.

fbuckner
06-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Welcome

NickS
06-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Welcome Glenn. What county you live in? Looking forward to meeting you. Browse around and make yourself comfortable. I think you'll find our group to be quite friendly and informative.

getom59
06-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the warm welcomes. I am in Washtenaw County on the border with Wayne.

hud
06-29-2007, 07:53 AM
I must apologize! Been a member of the site for about 5 days and in other forum areas and never introduced myself. Please accept my apology. 59. Live in Van Buren County. Work as a critical care nurse (about 35 years). Married for 32 years to a wonderful woman/nurse I met in nursing school. Member of GOA, CCRKBA, NRA, KABA. 3 pistols, 4 rifles, 1 shotgun. And would love to see the Honorable Ron Paul as president, though would certainly miss him as a member of the House of Representatives.
HI Y'all!

KayL
06-29-2007, 11:41 AM
I must apologize! Been a member of the site for about 5 days and in other forum areas and never introduced myself. Please accept my apology. 59. Live in Van Buren County. Work as a critical care nurse (about 35 years). Married for 32 years to a wonderful woman/nurse I met in nursing school. Member of GOA, CCRKBA, NRA, KABA. 3 pistols, 4 rifles, 1 shotgun. And would love to see the Honorable Ron Paul as president, though would certainly miss him as a member of the House of Representatives. HI Y'all!
No need to apologize. We are glad to have you aboard! You have an interesting background. I hope to read future comments from you on many topics.