PDA

View Full Version : US Martial Tactical Force on Force 1 and 2, Birmingham, MI

donaldj
11-02-2012, 12:12 PM
https://www.facebook.com/events/418106811578331/

November 17, 11:30 am, 400 E Brown St, Birmingham, MI

United States Martial Tactical Association presents:

FORCE ON FORCE LEVEL 1 and 2 INTRODUCTION TO DYNAMIC FIREARMS TRAINING:

Reality based modern proactive handgun training for civilian personal protection. A community service to all Michigan residents.

WHAT: A one day, two hour, hands-on introduction to reality based Force-On-Force pistol training using professional grade Airsoft pistols. Participants will learn the fundamentals of drawing, moving, and shooting against one or more armed and unarmed real attackers. Learn to protect against one or more armed attackers at multiple distances and directions. Shoot from ready and concealed positions.

This specialized training includes scenario / situational based applications including:

Home invasion
At the ATM,
Inside your car
Out shopping
and much more.

WHEN: Saturday November 17th 2012. Starts at 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM. ARRIVE EARLY FOR SIGN IN. Instruction begins very promptly at 11:30 am.

WHERE: US-MTA State Representative School - Martial Science Center. 400 E Brown Street, Birmingham MI.

WHO: ANYONE with solid fundamental firearms skills or those who want to learn and apply them properly

WEAR: Your regular daily clothing. Train like you would fight.

PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN EYE PROTECTION!

FEE: $50.00 per person. Covers everything you need. You may qualify for a reduced rate - inquire when you call.

REGISTRATION: Advance registration please. Preregistered participants will receive an official US-MTA FOF certificate of participation.

Call to register today! Call John Parks at (248 ) 703-1471

Ideal for home defense, personal protection, MI concealed carry permit holders

For more information visit:

www.us-mta.com/
www.martialsciencecenter.com
www.facebook.com/usmartialtactical

donaldj
11-06-2012, 10:15 PM
I got 2 questions on this.

1) Do you need a CPL to participate? No, you do not. Solid safety and fundamentals for firearm operation is all that is required.

2) Do we teach you how to shoot? No, we assume you already know that to a reasonable degree. We do have an NRA instructor with us, though, that can help with fundamentals if needed.

We do put you in scenarios, though, that may test skill levels and challenge preconceptions about your protection capabilities. That is what the course is designed for. Expose vulnerabilities so they can be addressed and improved.

Crazy Matt
11-11-2012, 07:12 AM
Definately interested in a future class...
Do you gentlemen do any hand to hand combatives (alone or integrated with pistol) or carbine FoF? Would be willing to pay for private(s), particularly if it could go toward instruction requirements for a CPL, but in either case. I just need some reality based training within budget and time constraints and think you may be part or most of the answer

donaldj
11-11-2012, 08:24 AM
Hello Matt!

We do. Check out this event and see if you're interested.

https://www.facebook.com/events/529213607107750/

I highly recommend it, as Mr. John Viol, our national director, will be up instructing it.

We also do a lot of weapon training on Saturdays with pistol and carbine retention and disarming.

As more of our force on force sessions come online, they involve integrating hand-to-hand with firearm. Generally speaking, low levels start with more trainee 'initiative' and readiness, then we start taking that away. They focus more on pistol since that is the more common personal protective device. I will see if it can't be run with carbine as well.

None of our offerings fulfill CPL training.

Hope this helps!

donaldj
11-12-2012, 01:03 PM
We still have several slots available, but this session is ON.

Please consider Force on Force as one aspect of your training spectrum.

Crazy Matt
11-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Hope this helps!
It does and thanks I will be in touch. Sounds good. No worries about the carbine. From a practical standpoint it makes sense being that it will be what people always have when armed and pistol (esp. CCW) has more variables of application too, things that need to be figured out real time with a moving target shooting back.

FWIW, BTW, does the company CYMA make good airsoft guns, as in training grade rugged and handle like the real one? I still have not found a airsoft clone of a Steyr M9-A1, just a bb gun. Guess a blowback G19 would be close enough

rabbivj
11-14-2012, 09:00 PM
I used to train with the OP back in the day...they are legit and know their stuff...I suggest yall go to the class.

donaldj
11-14-2012, 11:16 PM
It does and thanks I will be in touch. Sounds good. No worries about the carbine. From a practical standpoint it makes sense being that it will be what people always have when armed and pistol (esp. CCW) has more variables of application too, things that need to be figured out real time with a moving target shooting back.

FWIW, BTW, does the company CYMA make good airsoft guns, as in training grade rugged and handle like the real one? I still have not found a airsoft clone of a Steyr M9-A1, just a bb gun. Guess a blowback G19 would be close enough

Thank you for your interest Matt!

I have no experience with CYMA. We've found that KWA and Tokyo Marui hold up very well in training and are very realistic. I personally have a KWA HK USP Compact, since the real HK USP Compact 45 was my carry firearm for many years. The Airsoft version works perfectly in my Blade-tec and Crossbreed holsters, too.

donaldj
11-14-2012, 11:17 PM
I used to train with the OP back in the day...they are legit and know their stuff...I suggest yall go to the class.

Dan! Good to hear from you, and thanks for the shout out.

If you get up to MI again, please stop in. You'll be amazed at how much we've grown!

Don

donaldj
11-15-2012, 03:16 PM
We are nearing capacity on this event, and are eager and appreciative of the turn-out! Thanks to all of you who have replied, emailed, called, and PMed your support of this endeavor.

If you're on the fence, please sign up now and ensure your spot.

Don

emfour
11-19-2012, 11:06 AM
I found out about this a couple of days too late. Is there an email list I can get on for future events? How often do you train FoF?

Thanks.

donaldj
11-19-2012, 11:32 AM
Hello emfour,

Your best bet is to go on Facebook and LIKE "Martial Tactical Training of Michigan". There we post all the events.

We got a lot of feedback on the event. Mostly good, but a few concerns as well. There are definitely a lot of lessons learned. To Be Expected on a first run through, and frankly, we're not afraid to admit we did a few things well and a few things with opportunities for improvement.

The next offering will be in January, which gives us time for the holidays and to re-tune some of the class structure for a better trainee experience.

PM me your email addy and I'll ensure you're added to whatever mailing list we have.

Thanks,
Don