PDA

View Full Version : FFD Planning Day Updates

Barbara
05-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Ok, quick review from the meeting..I'm copying and pasting here, so it may not all be interesting to you..but too much info is probably better than not enough.

Activities:

-ACTS is going to do a Tactical Rifle Demo (the Cowboy guys all bailed on us for Range War.)
-Livingston County EMS is providing an Ambulance and Medic for the day..for a tour, but also available in case of emergencies. A good thing!
-There will be a bird dog demo.
-We've decided to get a moonwalk in an effort to keep the smaller kids occupied.
-Possibly a Conservation Officer will attend to have a table/booth.

Food:

-Pizza. Mike is going to call Little Caeser's tomorrow to make sure they'll deliver. If not, we'll get someone to go pick it up.
-Snacks and Drinks - Need someone to get these..Jeanne, can you take this one?

Safety:

-We're going back to the 1st year's process of doing a safety briefing before they get out of the door from registration. Last year proved that once they're near the guns, they're too distracted. We're also going to use police tape to create a line for spectators.

-Karen Knoll has volunteered to do an Eddie Eagle presentation. We cannot have Eddie appear because it would be inevitable that he'd end up near guns but we'll do the safety program/video, etc. with no firearms present.

Shooting Activities:

We've created one "Go-to" person for each range, although other's will be instructing with them, as well. At a minimum, the "Go-To" person will act as a head RSO and will also carry a radio at their range.

-Trap/Skeet - JCOC is donating their 20 gauges again. Bob Parrish.
-Rifles - We need to bring as many as we can. Dave Wilson.
-Pistol - Still need those, too. Jennifer Gunderson.
-Tactical Rifles - We have 2 .22 conversion kits. Based on the response from the Boy Scouts last time, this might be a popular activity. John Kilbane (Vinnie Bartoli also instructing.)

Things we still need to get or need more of:

Safety Glasses
Radios for communications
TV and VCR for videos.
Possibly some more folding tables and chairs (Judy is going to get with the local church.)
Hand wipes
Drinks and snacks
Door prizes

Things we need to bring:
Bench Rests
Staples
Ammo Blocks
Raffle Tickets
Waivers (needs updated!)
Radios
Eddie Eagle Materials
Gun Locks
Stamp and Pad
Easy Ups
Certificates
Sunscreen

Press Release:

Going out tonight.

sprink
05-20-2007, 08:51 PM
I can bring a couple of 22 rifles and a couple of pistols. I have a 22 conversion too, but it is untested.

I will see if I can get water bottles from a vendor. I will let you know by Tuesday if they will help.

I'll have to check quantity, but i have ear plugs too.

Is there a flier I can download and print?

RSF
05-20-2007, 09:03 PM
yes There is sprink, not sure if i have it or not water bottle would be cool as well as the 22 unit

Barbara
05-20-2007, 09:28 PM
There's a flyer on our website and I just sent one to your email address.

I'll be issuing a press release tomorrow. Would do it tonight but an hour past my bedtime already. :)

sprink
05-22-2007, 09:11 PM
The guy who will decide about the water is out of town. He called back and said he'd find out whether they will get their shipment in time. Hopefully I'll know tomorrow. He offered 6 cases if they have them before FFD.

I'll bring 4 cases even if he falls through.

Ken P
05-22-2007, 10:52 PM
I have a .22 survival rifle y'all can use if you want it

I can meet greg somewhere to hand it off

I can get some water too if you need it

LivoniaDan
05-22-2007, 11:03 PM
What kind of radios do you need?

Mike Kelly
05-23-2007, 07:31 AM
Radios; I'm getting a group of those FRS type (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_Radio_Service)walkie talkies from my parents and my brother. They have some kind of channel switching capability.
That way, everyone using one of these radios can talk to each other.
If you have those kinds of radios, that would be great. You should figure out a way to mark them so we can get them back to you.

Ken, I live in Wayne County. If you would like to drop the rifle off with me, I'll make sure you get it back. (Even clean it if you like.)

LivoniaDan
05-23-2007, 07:46 AM
OK... I've got 4 of the FRS style (2 mile) that can be used...
I also can supply a Marlin 60 .22 cal but it has a scope so I don't know if you would want to use it...

Also have a two hundred "Sportsman's Guide to Firearm Safety and Hunter Ethics" Pamphlets by National Shooting Sports Foundation, Budweiser Outdoors, 2004 addition. Good little pamphlet.
They are free here (Shipping too) - Unfortunately , they can't arrive by FFD.
http://www.nssf.org/lit/SportsmansGuide.cfm
Can order any quantity 1 to 1000..

Lots of good info available from the base site too.

Don't think I can attend FFD but I can deliver to someone local or meet somewhere, say.. 1/2 way?

Mike Kelly
05-23-2007, 12:40 PM
OK... I've got 4 of the FRS style (2 mile) that can be used...
I also can supply a Marlin 60 .22 cal but it has a scope so I don't know if you would want to use it...

Also have a two hundred "Sportsman's Guide to Firearm Safety and Hunter Ethics" Pamphlets by National Shooting Sports Foundation, Budweiser Outdoors, 2004 addition. Good little pamphlet.
They are free here (Shipping too) - Unfortunately , they can't arrive by FFD.
http://www.nssf.org/lit/SportsmansGuide.cfm
Can order any quantity 1 to 1000..

Lots of good info available from the base site too.

Don't think I can attend FFD but I can deliver to someone local or meet somewhere, say.. 1/2 way?

Drop me a note. lottaguns@gmail.com and we'll figure out something.

sprink
05-24-2007, 04:41 PM
Water guy is good for 5 cases. :smile:

I'll leave the rifle stuff up to Barb and Steve, but if they decide we need more, I'd be happy to meet up with Ken or Dan.

RSF
05-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Sweet thanks greg. get us his name and address.

Ken P
05-24-2007, 06:44 PM
Ken, I live in Wayne County. If you would like to drop the rifle off with me, I'll make sure you get it back. (Even clean it if you like.)

pm me..with time/day

I work in Livonia near firing line, or flat rock near wolverine (or top gun)

saturday morning till probably 2 is bad, otherwise pretty much anytime is good

Barbara
06-02-2007, 05:07 AM
Woohoo! Today is the day. Bring out the kids sometime before 5:00. We have way to much stuff to give them.

Thank you so much to everyone who contributed to this!!!