PDA

View Full Version : lapeer county

greggs
11-05-2012, 12:23 PM
So my Buddy tells me yesterday that his buddy who has property in lapeer county says they can now deer hunt with rifles and I now quote him "with round bullets not the regular pointy rifle bullets".
My responce was to ask if they passed the certain pistol cartridges in rifles legislation. He said he didn't know about that but it was just passed last week so it's not in any of the hunting regulation pamphlets and is just for lapeer county.
So again as a responsible hunter and guy not wanting to go to jail or get a BIG ticket, I ask where can I get written confirmation on this to which he says you don't need it in lapeer county!

I try to keep up with the current changes and am looking forward to hunting in the southern zone with either my Ruger Deerfield or my AR.450. I don't think I will be bringing either to this property to hunt with this year!

Your thoughts?

Roundballer
11-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Lapeer Co is no different than any of the rest of the shot gun zone. The only rifles that are allowed are muzzle loaders.

Your friend is repeating a rumor of some kind, there is no basis in fact. If you were to do as he is suggesting, you would be open for a big ticket.

Another point: The Michigan legislature has not been in session since Oct 17th, there has not been anything passed!

greggs
11-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Thats precisely my view on this!

greggs
11-06-2012, 08:30 AM
still after my above arguments on this the landowner still insists that rifles with round bullets not pointy ones are ok for deer in lapeer county.
I think I will hunt elsewhere. He is looking for the paperwork on the issue.

MSGT
11-06-2012, 04:50 PM
He won't find it.

greggs
11-07-2012, 08:43 AM
But I have both round and pointy bullets for my rifles!!!
what do i do now!! Ha!!
should I throw out the pointy ones?

Quack Addict
11-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Designated shooters on crop damage or nuisance deer permits issued through the DNR can use whatever they want in the shotgun zone. A guy can use a 50BMG if he wants BUT that's the only legal way I know of.