PDA

View Full Version : Bow shops in Northern Michigan

jack1122
11-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Is there any bow shops in Northern Michigan? I'm looking to buy a new bow this winter and looking for a shop. Does anyone know if there is one anywhere close to Mack City? Or any shop for that matter.

Thanks in advance.

Jack

chevyman
11-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Is there any bow shops in Northern Michigan? I'm looking to buy a new bow this winter and looking for a shop. Does anyone know if there is one anywhere close to Mack City? Or any shop for that matter.

Thanks in advance.

Jack
Jays in Gaylord !

jack1122
11-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Jays in Gaylord !

Thanks, Is there any other smaller stores in the area? Or even any other stores?

I would give my money to a smaller hometown store over a big box/ chain store anyday.

matt11
11-06-2012, 06:51 PM
Thanks, Is there any other smaller stores in the area? Or even any other stores?

I would give my money to a smaller hometown store over a big box/ chain store anyday.

I never thought of Jays as a chain store. My first deer rifle was from their pole barn store in Farwell

jack1122
11-06-2012, 06:58 PM
I never thought of Jays as a chain store. My first deer rifle was from their pole barn store in Farwell

I just moved here so I'm still learning the area. If this isn't a chain store then I will shop there.

concepthomes1
11-06-2012, 07:35 PM
+1 for Jay's. It is a bigger store, just not a big box store

skipper34
11-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Jay's is a great store, nice people and great prices. They have a very good archery pro shop.

KJDan
11-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Skips sporting goods in Grayling was great to me. They are a Martin dealer. They stayed open 2 hours late to setup my new bow.

nate132004
11-06-2012, 10:54 PM
Jays. Still family operated. A good store, best archery selection you'll find up here. I got a Hoyt Rampage XT there this summer. Love it! Amazing bow.

jack1122
11-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Jays. Still family operated. A good store, best archery selection you'll find up here. I got a Hoyt Rampage XT there this summer. Love it! Amazing bow.

Thanks, I didn't know it was a family operated business! I will definitely check on them now. I've only drove by and seen their website and to me it looked like it could have been big box store.

Thanks for the education.

Much appreciated,

jdc48160
11-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Darton is in Hale, MI.

My boss and 2 guys he hunts with in Glennie got their crossbows straight from Darton. One of the guys knows one of the owners of Darton and got them a screamin deal.

If I get a crossbow, I may go thru them to get one from Darton if I decide not to go thru my local pro shop where I bought my Mission bow down here in Milan.

jack1122
11-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Jay's is a great store, nice people and great prices. They have a very good archery pro shop.

Went to Jay's last weekend looking for a bow for myself and ended up leaving with one for the wife instead..... But I did order myself one, as they didn't have any in stock that I liked.

Thanks everyone for the tip, Jay's is a top notch store in my book.

Jack

nate132004
11-19-2012, 06:55 AM
What did you end up going with? Yeah archery shop there is great. Very helpful. The firearm department is hit or miss depending on who you have behind the counter.

jack1122
11-19-2012, 08:08 PM
What did you end up going with? Yeah archery shop there is great. Very helpful. The firearm department is hit or miss depending on who you have behind the counter.

I got the wife a Mathews mission craze, I ordered the voyager XT for myself. Hopefully it will be there here the next few days.