PDA

View Full Version : K&M Tactical Response Academy Advanced Handgun 201 August 11

Fiddler
06-19-2007, 07:36 PM
This class is the next step after your CPL course, and introduces important basic defensive handgun skills such as drawing from the holster, tactical and speed mag reloads, etc. Here's more info regarding the class. You can also send us an email or check out our website for more details.

Advanced Handgun 201

You have completed your CPL class, earned your certificate, and now you have a license to carry a concealed pistol. Now what? Do you know how to draw safely and effectively from the holster when seconds count? Do you know how to do a tactical mag reload? This 4 hour course is an introduction to basic defensive handgun skills needed to increase your chances of surviving a defensive encounter.

Topics covered include:

Trigger reset

Controlled pairs

Failure drills

Drawing from the holster

Speed and tactical reloads

Proper use of cover

strong hand/support hand unsupported

introduction to shooting on the move

and more.

Course Fee: $75

Prerequisites: CPL or pistol marksmanship certification

Equipment requirements:

Defensive Caliber Handgun (no .22 caliber except for those with physical limitations)

3 magazines or speed-loaders

Strong side holster (no shoulder holster or cross-draw)

Mag holder for semi autos

Eye and ear protection

350 rounds of ammunition

http://www.kmtacticalresponseacademy.com

kmacademy@charter.net

Divegeek
06-22-2007, 09:47 AM
I took this class last fall with Karen and Marty. I would highly recomend it. It will teach you all the things you need to know about carrying a gun every day that the basic CPL class doesn't teach you.

Karen feel free to quote me on any of this.
Jason

Dedpoet
06-22-2007, 09:57 AM
I also took this class last year with K&M. It was so effective and enjoyable that I am taking it a second time as a refresher and this time I'm bringing several friends. Karen and Marty teach proven real-world techniques that have helped build my skills and confidence. For anyone looking to take the next step in training after your CPL class, I would highly recommend this one.

-Brian

Fiddler
06-24-2007, 09:21 AM
Thanks, guys! I'm really glad you enjoyed the class and got a lot out of it! Class is filling fast but we still have room for more!

UTPD#5
06-25-2007, 07:54 AM
Where is the class being held?

I have a couple people that may have some interest.

Does RSF help with these classes?

Thanks

Fiddler
06-25-2007, 09:01 AM
Hi Garry. How's it going? That would be great. Class is filling up fast but we still have room for more. We are using a private range near Chelsea, so if they decide to take the class, have them contact me and I will send them directions.

kmacademy@charter.net

No, RSF does not help with this class, but he is an excellent instructor, and I highly recommend his classes.

UTPD#5
06-25-2007, 09:06 AM
Hi Garry. How's it going? That would be great. Class is filling up fast but we still have room for more. We are using a private range near Chelsea, so if they decide to take the class, have them contact me and I will send them directions.

kmacademy@charter.net

No, RSF does not help with this class, but he is an excellent instructor, and I highly recommend his classes.

Doing well...thanks, and you?

They were hoping for a "holster" class in the North Livingston / South Genesee area. I will advise and pass along your info.

I didn't know if Steve helped or not...I had heard he was helping with/conducting some "second" level courses and just wondered.

Have a swell day!

Fiddler
06-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Doing well. Thanks for asking. Glad to hear things are going well for you. If there's anything I can help you with, let me know.

GOTCOFFEE
06-25-2007, 12:07 PM
where is this class being held?

This class is the next step after your CPL course, and introduces important basic defensive handgun skills such as drawing from the holster, tactical and speed mag reloads, etc. Here's more info regarding the class. You can also send us an email or check out our website for more details.

Advanced Handgun 201

You have completed your CPL class, earned your certificate, and now you have a license to carry a concealed pistol. Now what? Do you know how to draw safely and effectively from the holster when seconds count? Do you know how to do a tactical mag reload? This 4 hour course is an introduction to basic defensive handgun skills needed to increase your chances of surviving a defensive encounter.

Topics covered include:

Trigger reset

Controlled pairs

Failure drills

Drawing from the holster

Speed and tactical reloads

Proper use of cover

strong hand/support hand unsupported

introduction to shooting on the move

and more.

Course Fee: $75

Prerequisites: CPL or pistol marksmanship certification

Equipment requirements:

Defensive Caliber Handgun (no .22 caliber except for those with physical limitations)

3 magazines or speed-loaders

Strong side holster (no shoulder holster or cross-draw)

Mag holder for semi autos

Eye and ear protection

350 rounds of ammunition

http://www.kmtacticalresponseacademy.com

kmacademy@charter.net

Fiddler
06-25-2007, 12:49 PM
[QUOTE=Fiddler] We are using a private range near Chelsea, so if they decide to take the class, have them contact me and I will send them directions.

kmacademy@charter.net

Fiddler
07-15-2007, 05:43 PM
We still have room for a few more.

Fiddler
08-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Thanks to those who have signed up for this class! We still have a few slots left. Whether you are new to concealed carry, or just in need of a review, this is an affordable and practical introduction to drawing from the holster, speed and tactical mag reloads, and other basic concealed carry techniques. Those who are interested should contact me at kmacademy@charter.net.

Dedpoet
08-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Another fantastic class from Karen and Marty. My friends and I had an absolutely great time. We stopped for dinner on the way home and talked about how enjoyable it was and what we wanted to do next. Thanks again!

-Brian

comet66
08-14-2007, 05:41 AM
Great class, lots of info. and fun!!

fbuckner
08-14-2007, 05:55 AM
Yep a fun class it is If you want to go further try the NRA's Personal protection outside the home antigunut has on his schedual

Fiddler
08-14-2007, 09:14 AM
Marty and I are really glad you guys had fun. That was the best 201 class to date by far. We had a blast teaching you guys, and any time you want to come back, let me know and we'll set it up.

Barbara
08-16-2007, 05:18 AM
My friend took the class and was very impressed and said you did a fantastic job. She will probably come back to you for her next class.

Fiddler
08-16-2007, 09:05 PM
Thanks, Barbara. We appreciate that. We're glad to hear that your friend enjoyed the class. We hope to to see her in future classes. Maybe she'd like to come to some of the women's events at Livingston Gun Club as well.