PDA

View Full Version : Dipstick takes M11 9mm to the hand

TAC
12-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Warning, strong language (to be expected).

Dipstick takes M11 9mm to the hand
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=85d_1354805700

csj875
12-08-2012, 09:58 PM
can we even say anything? i mean really. i guess "here's your sign" is appropriate.

apssbc
12-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Watch and listen to the video. He states he closed the bolt and the gun started firing. If you replay it and listen close theres a run away, multiple rounds in rapid succession. He said he did what he could to keep it down range.

Now putting his hand in front of it was not a good choice but my bet is he went to grab it to keep it from going a crazy and hurting anyone else. He stated he guesses he didnt grab it tight enough, probably why he used the other hand to stop it from getting any more dangerous.

nrich1979
12-09-2012, 12:30 AM
ok

so one gun does try to kill people on its own..

mini4m3
12-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Watch and listen to the video. He states he closed the bolt and the gun started firing. If you replay it and listen close theres a run away, multiple rounds in rapid succession. He said he did what he could to keep it down range.

Now putting his hand in front of it was not a good choice but my bet is he went to grab it to keep it from going a crazy and hurting anyone else. He stated he guesses he didnt grab it tight enough, probably why he used the other hand to stop it from getting any more dangerous.

If he was following safety rules this would have never been a problem. I'm not sure how a M10/M11 can run away on you unless you're loaded and with an open bolt.

Roundballer
12-09-2012, 11:22 AM
If he was following safety rules this would have never been a problem. I'm not sure how a M10/M11 can run away on you unless you're loaded and with an open bolt.
:yeahthat:
I"ll just assume that the run away was legit. How come the guy didn't know how to safely stop it? It should have just been a matter of clamping a hand down on the top of the receiver, blocking the bolt handle and the ejection port. Either would jam it up. Risk of injury? A small burn.

apssbc
12-09-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm not saying what he did was right. Stopping a run away on a rifle isn't as big of a deal as its easier to control. I see the m11 getting out of hand, having never shot one I wouldn't know how to stop the run away. I can see the first reaction as the gun runs away being to just grab and hold on. Maybe he was grabbing the top of the gun to try and stop it and maybe placed his hand a little far forward. Either way I'm glad noone else got hurt, and it looked to be his thumb.

Donzie
12-09-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm not saying what he did was right. Stopping a run away on a rifle isn't as big of a deal as its easier to control. I see the m11 getting out of hand, having never shot one I wouldn't know how to stop the run away. I can see the first reaction as the gun runs away being to just grab and hold on. Maybe he was grabbing the top of the gun to try and stop it and maybe placed his hand a little far forward. Either way I'm glad noone else got hurt, and it looked to be his thumb.
They are easier to control than a AK or M16.

Revdrshad
12-23-2012, 11:12 PM
I can't make out exactly what happened, but as A MAC11 owner, I can say this gun was probably tampered with.
If you've ever shot one, you would know the trigger slap is Painful. It's a bad design on a semi auto. IMO They Probably have a lower chance of having a "Runaway" than any other gun I can think of. Just because of the "Politics" of these guns decades ago. So manufacturers made sure the disconnects were extra strong and "Full auto resistant."

Also, The charging handle on most newer ones are basically a small disc about one quarter of an inch high off the top of the frame. And the rear sight is almost a Blade. Makes a bad combination for grabbing the charging lever to stop it from firing.
If anything, I'd say that's what the guy did, and the rear sight or charging handle (And associated travel groove) Cut him up pretty bad...

Jeep olllllo
12-24-2012, 04:09 PM
ok

so one gun does try to kill people on its own..

Probably had a Glock firing pin in it. :smile:

Wolvee
12-24-2012, 04:56 PM

THEJUICE9269
02-12-2013, 04:09 AM
When one starts custom modifying a firearm with hair triggers and things of the sort you are flirting with disaster. It would seem for a gun to do this there has been some sort of "custom modification" to make the firearm perform "better". People fail to think of the conditions and testing that is done on firearms to make them safe from the manufacturer. Like others have said, you can't fix stupid....