49800 Dequindre Road Utica, Michigan 48317
Every 4th Saturday of the Month*

1st Squad starts at 12 Noon; the 2nd Squad at 2:30 PM
5 Courses of fire per match
Match Fee $20 – Classifiers $12

http://www.d-s-c.org/index.html
http://www.d-s-c.org/idpa/index.html

For info on IDPA visit WWW.IDPA.COM

* Shoot realistic Scenarios and have a great time doing it!
* Food & Drink Available for purchase at the Clubhouse
*Matches typically require about 100 rounds of ammo

This is our first match! So come on out and check us out!

JR

Autumnlovr
07-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Hey...when did DSC start with IDPA? When I was a member there, they only had IPSC. Do they have both leagues now? Or just IDPA now?

Jerry
07-01-2007, 02:54 PM
Hey...when did DSC start with IDPA? When I was a member there, they only had IPSC. Do they have both leagues now? Or just IDPA now?

IDPA at DSC has been in the works for awhile (not sure when) but we are just getting everything together so we can put on a match.

We had qualifying for members the saturday before Memorial day.....remember? the day it rained so hard and it rained ALL day? :) and again last saturday and now we ready for the first Match open to all shooters.....members and non members. We are also working up the details for practices on the weeks we dont have a match.

JR

Jerry
07-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Autumnlovr...how long has it been since you were a member?

And IPSC and USPSA(sp?) is still going strong as well as cowboy action shooting.

I belong to Linden Sporstmen Club but I may be joining DSC as well as they are only 5 miles from home.

Come on out and say hi or shoot a match......JR

I will try to remember to sear my MGO name tag I got years ago.....:)

Autumnlovr
07-01-2007, 05:47 PM
I dropped my membership maybe a year ago.....too much politics and not enough record keeping on the work hours in my opinion. My hubby and I are going to try to get down to the blackpowder range tomorrow, the Women of Aim have the range open Mondays from 6pm to dusk.

Jerry
07-01-2007, 05:52 PM
I dont know that much about any of the politics going on there but I am sure its not that much different any where you go.

My freind Gary and I are going to try and start shooting the black powder pretty soon, I believe they have a woodswalk?

OK maybe I will see you there!

JR

Autumnlovr
07-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Jerry,
We're not going to make it down there tonight, but if you go....tell them Lauren said "Hi".

hud
07-03-2007, 06:08 AM
Anyone know where I can find a list of IDPA and IPSC happenings in SW Michigan? Say...around the Kalamazoo area? Would be very interested in observing what a match entails, joining, and improving skills.

Jerry
07-03-2007, 07:07 AM
Anyone know where I can find a list of IDPA and IPSC happenings in SW Michigan? Say...around the Kalamazoo area? Would be very interested in observing what a match entails, joining, and improving skills.

Go to www.IDPA.com to see if there is something in your area you could check out.

Plus all the rules are there too.

Plus maybe in north Ohio or Indiana could be close enough for you?

IPSC I do not know about but a web search could net you some info.(notice I did not say use Google? :) )

JR

Jerry
07-03-2007, 07:10 AM

How about Tri County in Saline? would that be too far to travel?

I checked it out on a map program and its about 100 miles.

JR

KayL
07-03-2007, 07:40 AM
I pulled other people's comments from two forum threads...

The IDPA website has listings:
Linden-1st sat
Livingston Conservation & Sportsman's Assoc-2nd sat
Black Creek-2nd sat
Raccoon Hunters-3rd sat
Linwood bay-3rd sat
Capitol City-4th sat
Tri County-4th sat
DSC-possibly 4th sat
So. Kent SC (Dorr) - 2nd Sun (http://sksc.org)

Cadillac Sportsman's Club, Cadillac MI
Matches are held on the first Sunday of each month, March through December

IPSC:
First Sunday: Angola CC or DSC 3-gun or Livingston Gun Club
Second Sunday: Capitol City Rifle Club or Livingston Gun Club 3-gun
Third Sunday: DSC (Utica) or Fort Wayne
Fourth Sunday: Livingston or Niles
Third Saturday: So. Kent SC (Dorr) (http://sksc.org)

You can email me for Capitol City Rifle Club info (Williamston). I do the registration, etc.
Or email Banjobart(at)aol.com who is match director at CCRC. See the CCRC forum headers.

Kimber45
07-03-2007, 11:10 AM
The IDPA listed in Kay's post for Livingston is at Livingston Conservation and Sportsmans Association. The IPSC and 3-gun is at Livingston Gun Club.

KayL
07-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Thanks, John. I edited that in. Too many with similar names.

I also editted in gsbell's from below so all are in one place if you want to copy/print.

gsbell
07-03-2007, 10:15 PM
2nd Sunday for IDPA and 3rd Saturday for IPSC at Dorr which isn't too far from Kazoo http://sksc.org Come out this weekend with your gear and we will get you started