PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in Britton

GOTCOFFEE
07-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Hey people, Antigunnut is having some trouble with the twnshp. Seems though somebody has an issue with him having students on his range. It appears to be just one person making a LOT of noise. He may need your support with the twnshp board. That remains to be seen. It shouldn't go that far. I'm sure he will be giving more details tonight or tomorrow. The anti's never quit and niether can we.

fbuckner
07-12-2007, 08:21 PM
I figure this is where the new battle will be. On the private sector one at a time they will try to pick us off

TFin04
07-12-2007, 09:19 PM
What can be done to help? Do we have to be residents of that county/township if it comes down to any type of vote or something like that?

Kerry's a good guy. I took my CPL class with him in Ypsi and I'd be more then happy to help out, as long as I can do some shooting afterwards. ;)

Keep us updated.

GOTCOFFEE
07-12-2007, 09:58 PM
FRIENDS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME ON KERRY'S RANGE. SOMETIMES, IN FACT MOST TIMES, THEMORE THE MERRIER. WITHIN REASON, THAT IS

antigunnut
07-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Ok he is the skinny I can not charge any money for classes. but if you would like a class you can donate the money to my horses to buy them food. I will take 90 days to get the special use permit if approved. I will let everyone know when the next meeting is and if you would like to come down and fill the room it will help.

Hey people, Antigunnut is having some trouble with the twnshp. Seems though somebody has an issue with him having students on his range. It appears to be just one person making a LOT of noise. He may need your support with the twnshp board. That remains to be seen. It shouldn't go that far. I'm sure he will be giving more details tonight or tomorrow. The anti's never quit and niether can we.

fbuckner
07-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Ahh special use land permit to run a business out of the home. You can always teach the class at your classroom and hold the range portion at the house. My place the barn is considered the business address for the family business "Buckners Tri-County" all the corp mail comes here so they cant say much about me using the barn for class but the noise on the range that might be different in the future

KayL
07-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Don't worry... we'll be vewwy, vewwy quiet.

antigunnut
07-13-2007, 04:59 PM
The police said that under state law private ranges are exempt from noise ords. so I am good to go. so far. but I would invite everyone to come and shoot. all of the time no charge for the range you just have to shoot a big gun LOL anyone have a tank? LOL the police and the clerk want to come and shoot with us. Lets have a shooting party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahh special use land permit to run a business out of the home. You can always teach the class at your classroom and hold the range portion at the house. My place the barn is considered the business address for the family business "Buckners Tri-County" all the corp mail comes here so they cant say much about me using the barn for class but the noise on the range that might be different in the future

TFin04
07-13-2007, 08:51 PM
My AK is pretty damn loud. I've been wanting to try bump firing it... 1k of ammo isn't too bad, either. I'll come out and burn it up. :)

UTPD#5
07-14-2007, 05:19 AM
The police said that under state law private ranges are exempt from noise ords. so I am good to go. so far. but I would invite everyone to come and shoot. all of the time no charge for the range you just have to shoot a big gun LOL anyone have a tank? LOL the police and the clerk want to come and shoot with us. Lets have a shooting party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That has been my discovery under state law there is no noise limits for this type of event. However, TWP / City ordinances are gernerally the issue. If it continues, demand the TWP define the noise level allowed, IMHO they won't be able to define a number...been there, done that, nailed the cofin shut...TWICE!

Non residents of the area maybe turned away at the door, has happened in other areas; but, if you need support....drop Rick and I a line.

Garry

antigunnut
07-16-2007, 07:50 AM
I will let you know when the meeting is. No local noise ords. so far. the twp police checked and none. so far so good. I have a meeting with the twp this afternoon.
details tomorrow

That has been my discovery under state law there is no noise limits for this type of event. However, TWP / City ordinances are gernerally the issue. If it continues, demand the TWP define the noise level allowed, IMHO they won't be able to define a number...been there, done that, nailed the cofin shut...TWICE!

Non residents of the area maybe turned away at the door, has happened in other areas; but, if you need support....drop Rick and I a line.

Garry

karcent
07-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Unfortunately the law has to work both ways.
It sounds like you are trying to operate a commercial venture in your backyard.
If so, it's not a "private range" any more and that's what your neighbors are complaining about. (with good reason)

antigunnut
07-17-2007, 12:55 PM
First off I am a farm A-1 and have the paper work in to run a home base business. They complained about the noise. the twp came up with the business thing. AND WHAT IS THE GOOD REASON ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Unfortunately the law has to work both ways.
It sounds like you are trying to operate a commercial venture in your backyard.
If so, it's not a "private range" any more and that's what your neighbors are complaining about. (with good reason)