PDA

View Full Version : Handgun safe or vault??

Doug 54r
12-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Looking for a safe or vault to keep my new sig from when the nephew's come over. I would like to store it in my walkin closet an mount it. What would you guys recommend for example on a budget.

sittingbull
12-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Take it apart and hide it in two spots ...

MC350
12-21-2012, 08:21 AM
I installed one of these in my daughter's closet a couple years ago for her handguns. Can't beat it for the price & is very secure. There is also a key lock built into it if you forget the combination.

http://www.harborfreight.com/922-cubic-inch-digital-wall-safe-97081.html

MSUICEMAN
12-21-2012, 08:22 AM
Take it apart and hide it in two spots ...

I have a minivault deluxe that is kinda nice. Its not that small, but is the keypad combination type, with key override, light inside, powered by AC with battery backup. It has a tamper light and sensor to know if its been messed with...

don't know if it works for you, but the deluxe is on sale for like 95 at meijer.com right now, the standard (with fewer features) is on sale for 79.99.

I got mine on some crazy sale a month or two ago for 79.99 from meijer.com

ladunnkity
12-21-2012, 08:33 AM
I HAVE ONE OF THESE SITTING ON MY DRESSER WITH 2 KIDS AT HOME---EASY TO USE AND HOLDS BOTH PISTOLS AND BUG.

http://www.amazon.com/Gunvault-GV1000D-Mini-Vault-Deluxe/dp/B002HOLG2I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1356096462&sr=8-2&keywords=gunvault+safe

BrandonMcM88
12-21-2012, 08:37 AM
Looking for a safe or vault to keep my new sig from when the nephew's come over. I would like to store it in my walkin closet an mount it. What would you guys recommend for example on a budget.
Meijer has the GunVault Nanovault 200 on sale for $19.99 or the Nanovault 300 for $21.99. Great little safe for 1 gun plus you can attach it to your bed or whatever you want

SilentCal
12-21-2012, 08:50 AM
I have 2 nano 300's and always have one of these along in my car, locked to and beneath, a seat when I am out and about. It is very handy if you need to enter a gfz like a post office. Park across the street and know at least your personal defense tool is secure. Okay for the bedroom to prevent unauthorized access but unless it is cable locked to something it can still walk off. They will keep honest people honest... but would only take a determined theif an hour or two to get in to.

To protect firearms from causual visotors to home intruders invest in a full steel, and fireproof, safe. Better make it a full sized one... if you have handguns, long guns have a tendency to join them before too long.

langenc
12-28-2012, 05:07 PM
The gunvault is MUCH more expensive than listed above. The newer ones recgonize a finger(print). No keys for inquisitive little hunters to find.

I sure there is a key that could be hidden way away. Wife and I have key but Id have to hunt quite a while myself to find it.

BrandonMcM88
12-28-2012, 05:21 PM
The gunvault is MUCH more expensive than listed above. The newer ones recgonize a finger(print). No keys for inquisitive little hunters to find.

I sure there is a key that could be hidden way away. Wife and I have key but Id have to hunt quite a while myself to find it.
I have the nanovault 300, it has a 3 number combination. Also comes with a wire to secure it to something. Good little safe to keep the kids out plus its on sale for $24 til today

Backwoodz
12-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Meijer has the GunVault Nanovault 200 on sale for $19.99 or the Nanovault 300 for $21.99. Great little safe for 1 gun plus you can attach it to your bed or whatever you want

Thanks....I will be going to check this out. I was just looking at the GV200 on amazon.

edit: Just went to the store on Hill near 23 in Flint and no GV safes. They only had century or some brand like that for $99.
Not what I wanted.
I guess I will just order it from Amazon....

MSUICEMAN
12-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Thanks....I will be going to check this out. I was just looking at the GV200 on amazon.

edit: Just went to the store on Hill near 23 in Flint and no GV safes. They only had century or some brand like that for $99.
Not what I wanted.

if he was like me, it was on meijer.com, not the stores themselves. they carry a lot more stuff like that online than in the brick and mortar. usually free ship to store on a lot of things also.

BrandonMcM88
12-29-2012, 03:24 PM

Not what I wanted.
yes sorry I should have mentioned this. I had to order online, but it was shipped to store the next day.

TangoDown3727
12-29-2012, 03:30 PM
If you just need a good, no nonsense pistol lockbox, check out the GunVault "NanoVaults" or the Bulldog "CarSafes". They just use a key lock and will run you from $19 to $26. Either one is capable of surface mounting.

Backwoodz
12-29-2012, 03:45 PM
yes sorry I should have mentioned this. I had to order online, but it was shipped to store the next day.
Oh now you tell me.....lol
I decided to just order the nano 300 and nano 100 from the online meijer store. Got them both for $41 and change. They are still onsale till January

magstang1
12-30-2012, 03:49 PM
In my opinion, this is about as close to perfect as you can get for a bedside pistol safe.

No batteries to go dead. No biometrics to fail. No keys to hide.

Made in USA!

The combination lock can be entered by feel in complete darkness. The inside is padded, and the lid opens with a gas strut.

Not cheap, but good stuff usually isn't.

https://www.ftknox.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=59