PDA

View Full Version : Good Ear Pro

mastersarge19
12-30-2012, 09:57 PM
so i've been looking around and trying to do some shopping and looking to get some new ear pro for myself. i want to stick with the ear muffs instead of plugs mostly just to try something new out. i'm in the army too and want something that ill be able to take to the ranges and wear under my helmet. anyone got any ideas?

RSF
12-30-2012, 10:06 PM
Sordins

Tango125INF11b
12-30-2012, 10:24 PM
These by any means are not top of the line, but it's what I bought because they fit over the ACH Kevlar helmet. Mine work great!

http://www.opticsplanet.com/rifleman-rf-ach-hearing-protection.html

RSF
12-30-2012, 10:39 PM
I want ones that fit under my helmet or mount to it I wear crye ans ops core helmets a lot

Sordins behind the neck band models are very secure and comfy

Wolvee
12-30-2012, 10:50 PM
I want ones that fit under my helmet or mount to it I wear crye ans ops core helmets a lot

I bought those with yours and Dougs recommendation and I couldn't be happier.

Comparatively they don't muffle the most sound but they work very well and there's not any noticeable pop or crack like with the the "Impacts" that I've used.

Sometimes I wear a pair of softies under them if I want them quieter.

As for battery life, they made it through a couple 2 day classes without changing them. A lot better than I had expected with rechargeables. (I've yet to have any batteries die on me but I'm pretty regular about charging batteries between trips to the range.)

ColonelKurtz
12-30-2012, 10:52 PM
I've liked the ones I've used by Howard Leight... used a pair once and left them behind at a class :hot:

mastersarge19
12-30-2012, 11:08 PM

yea i want ones that fit under my ACH too but dont know which ones to go for; the biggest thing is i dont want to buy a set, them not fit right, and then be stuck with them

RSF
12-30-2012, 11:44 PM
Sordins behind the neck band as I stated I have use them under crye airframe and ops core and mich helmets they work great

tote'ngranny
12-31-2012, 09:01 AM
Sordins behind the neck band as I stated I have use them under crye airframe and ops core and mich helmets they work great
What I have, bought a few years ago. Absolutely love them! I just couldn't find a set previously that would fit correctly because I am small and all others would not adjust small enough to set properly on my ears. Sordins with the adjustable strap over the head (wiring behind, back of nape) do !

RockinRiley
12-31-2012, 09:09 AM
I am sorry but do I understand you are buying these for military use? I have read a few peeps doing the same. Is our military not taking care of you guys?

tote'ngranny
12-31-2012, 09:55 AM
I am sorry but do I understand you are buying these for military use? I have read a few peeps doing the same. Is our military not taking care of you guys?
Ahh, No .. civilian use for at the range, shooting classes .. anytime you shoot a gun to protect your ears.

RSF
12-31-2012, 10:06 AM
He isn't talking to you granny

tote'ngranny
12-31-2012, 10:44 AM
so i've been looking around and trying to do some shopping and looking to get some new ear pro for myself. i want to stick with the ear muffs instead of plugs mostly just to try something new out. i'm in the army too and want something that ill be able to take to the ranges and wear under my helmet. anyone got any ideas?
Just referring to what the OP was asking about .. not military use ..

I guess my *Oops*

Tango125INF11b
12-31-2012, 11:13 AM
They give you crappy plugs.

mastersarge19
12-31-2012, 02:41 PM
Just referring to what the OP was asking about .. not military use ..

I guess my *Oops*

yes all i ever got were these crappy plugs, so then i decided to buy my own set of plugs that were better and only cost about $20. That was great and everything but for me it became bothersome because of them being plugs and going "into" your ear.

Veteran
01-01-2013, 12:17 AM
I use soft plugs with behind the neck muffs. My problem is the safety glasses leave a small tunnel in the muffs foam.

mastersarge19
01-01-2013, 02:05 PM
well i decided to get a pair of Howard Leight ear pro. about $45 on amazon so we shall see how it goes

RSF
01-01-2013, 02:24 PM
well i decided to get a pair of Howard Leight ear pro. about $45 on amazon so we shall see how it goes

Sigh

ColonelKurtz
01-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Sigh
Howard Leight no good? or just don't like Amazon?

RSF
01-01-2013, 02:29 PM
There not bad but not good enough to trust my hearing too

ColonelKurtz
01-01-2013, 02:40 PM
There not bad but not good enough to trust my hearing too
got it... I double up anyway so they always seemed OK so far

plug or muffs by themsleves are never enough in my experience, I double up I can't hear skit

mastersarge19
01-01-2013, 02:43 PM
well i looked at those sordin but damn theyre expensive

RSF
01-01-2013, 03:29 PM
well i looked at those sordin but damn theyre expensive

And so our my eyes and ears. Enough said

mastersarge19
01-01-2013, 03:57 PM
true but we'll see how everything works

RockinRiley
01-13-2013, 02:11 PM
yes all i ever got were these crappy plugs, so then i decided to buy my own set of plugs that were better and only cost about $20. That was great and everything but for me it became bothersome because of them being plugs and going "into" your ear.

Makes me feel better to know you are not required to buy your equipment! I know the plugs I used to use were quite hard and not comfortable. I have found plugs at Home Depot that are soft and work great! Only 5 or 7 bucks for them and made by 3m, (so I believe they are peltor!) It is what I use now.

These Here:
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202195388/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=ear+plugs&storeId=10051

They are awesome and will fit into the old military issue plastic case that I had back in 88, (ugh some days I do not want to be reminded of my age as my heart says I am still sixteen!) Stay safe and thank you for your service!

Detroit Holster
06-04-2013, 10:35 AM
Thanks, we're picking some of these up.

Mark.n.chip
06-07-2013, 07:57 PM
The only hearing protection I wear are made by Altus brands, Pro Ears. They are not cheap but are electronic to boot. As far as eyes go I'd recommend ESS. They even have frames meant to be worn under ear muffs, they are very thin. Check them out. Yes costly but what are your eyes and ears worth!