PDA

View Full Version : Looking for classes Ypsi and Warren areas

Mike Kelly
08-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Hi folks,

I just started a contracting job with the Navy. Since I began working there, I've met at least two sailors who want to turn their out of state CPL into a Michigan CPL.

I told them I'd ask around. One of them is stationed at the Ypsilanti recruiting station and the other works downtown with me. He lives in the Warren area.

Who's in those areas? Are there discounts for active duty military personnel?

Let me know. I'll probably take the class with the guy in Warren since I haven't done that yet. (believe it or not)

Also, has anyone heard of this "Diamond Ridgeway" guy? He's been advertising CPL classes on billboards and has a building of his own.

fbuckner
08-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Mr,Kelly

antigunut is your man his classes are held in Ypsi and I believe they are $90. If he has nothing to fit their time frame I have a class coming up and we offer any Active or retired military the same rate of $90. We shoot on and outdoor range newly revamped. Our next class is september 8th let them know. We also require a deposit like almost allthe instructors do nowdays. Thanks

Mike Kelly
08-27-2007, 09:30 PM
Thanks Fred, I will pass it on.

Fiddler
08-29-2007, 05:12 PM
K&M Academy also has classes coming up. We have a class in Chelsea on Sept 8, and Hartland Sept 11 & 13. We offer a discount for all military personnel. We also offer private classes if they want to set a class convenient to their schedule.

MICPL
08-29-2007, 06:17 PM
Myself self and Kerry Miller are both ex-military and would have no problem helping are fellow military brothers out. Just let us know what you have in mind and we can set something up for everyone.

45 acp
08-29-2007, 07:12 PM
Hi folks,

I've met at least two sailors who want to turn their out of state CPL into a Michigan CPL.

If they are active duty they are still considered residents of their home state.
As such their homestate CPL's are valid in MI.
In order to get a Michigan CPL they would have to become MI residents.
MI drivers license MI car registration and MI car insurance to name a few. Depending on the home state they might not want to become a MI resident.

antigunnut
08-30-2007, 02:50 AM
We do have a class coming up and active duty military gets it for 75.00

fbuckner
08-30-2007, 08:02 AM
I suggest you have em go to Kerry since they are close by. He is close offers a very talented, supportive staff, His offer of $25 dollars off a class beats a mear $10 off per person. He runs a easy going class but a extremely safe one on the range.

GOTCOFFEE
09-04-2007, 02:39 PM
Myself self and Kerry Miller are both ex-military and would have no problem helping are fellow military brothers out. Just let us know what you have in mind and we can set something up for everyone.
SO IS THE GUY THAT TRAINED YOUI

MICPL
09-04-2007, 03:04 PM
SO IS THE GUY THAT TRAINED YOUI

LOL, I didnt know that was you!

Let me restate my suggestion:

Jim,Kerry and myself will have absolulty no problem helping our fellow military brothers out.

www.teachingclasses.org (http://www.teachingclasses.org) is right in your area and they teach an excellent class. Jim is a great Training Counselor/Teacher I highly recommend him.

As a matter of fact I'll see you guys in Oct or Nov for Personal Protection Outside the Home. Man I cant wait for that class.

Mike Kelly
09-04-2007, 08:05 PM
I'm in the process of getting permission to post something to everyone in the office.
Don't know where it's going to go, but we'll see what happens.

detroitpua
09-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Hi folks,
He lives in the Warren area. Who's in those areas?

Hands down, Kerry is the best. He trained me! ;)

Anyhow, if you are looking for a class in the "Warren area" give me a call at (313) 733-7404. I have a class coming up on Saturday, September 22, 2007 in Hazel Park. Check out the link in my sig.

Regards,

franky1
09-12-2007, 04:47 PM
S.R.T. (Surviving Realistic Threats) we hold classes / seminars in Universal mall at 12 and Dequinder. Or if you have a facility we can come to you.

CLASSES:
1) Basic entry and room clearing
Tactical handgun & shotgun
Drive up approch
Walk up approach
Exterior search
Coordinated deployment of movement
Exterior (4 corners)
Consider the possibilities ( dogs, lights)
Move with purpose (weapon out if suspect hidden)

2) Tactical handgun and shotgun

3) Urban Survival
preparing for whatever mother nature might through at you.

4) Edged Weapon
Offensive & Defensive

5) Unarmed Combat
Stand up as well as ground fighting

Contact us at 586 372 1335