PDA

View Full Version : Gen4 G19 Review

XG8
01-10-2013, 09:28 AM
I got a chance to take my Gen 4 G19 out to the range.

I went to my local range last night and put 50rds each of 115gr PMC and 115gr Blazer Brass fmj through the Glock. I know not the most extensive review, but updates will follow when more rounds are put through her.

Accuracy:
(I am by no means a marksman, just a citizen who enjoys learning and training with his firearms.) If I do my part the gun will stay right on target. The accuracy is just as good as a Gen3 G19.

Grip/Handling:
This is the reason I sold off my Gen3 for a Gen4.

The Gen4 still contains a hump, but it feels a little more subtle. The hump doesn't feel as pronounced as my Gen3 was.

I have M/L hands and the circu****ence when wrapping your hand around the pistol is less. By shaving off that 2mm it gives me comfort when holding the gun as I know I have a strong hold onto it.

Features:
The new texture around the Gen 4 is welcome to my hands, doesn't hurt or feel super aggressive. The new texture wraps all the way around the gun from the backstrap and into the finger grooves.

I like the new magazine release on the Gen4. It’s larger and easier to access than a Gen3. I don’t have to adjust my hand as much to drop a magazine when firing. Mags drop free and easy without any issues at all.

Comfort:
The Gen4 feels more comfortable to me in hand than my Gen3. I guess my gripe with the Gen3 was the cross hatching on the bottom of the hump would bug me after gripping it so tightly for so long. Gen4, no issues with the grip texture and it doesn't feel like a 2x4 in hand.

Trigger:
The trigger feels slightly heavier than my Gen3. Not much of a big gripe to me.

Range experience:
I had no FTF or FTE at any point in time. I haven’t experienced any brass casings to the face during this trip. She went bang every time and accuracy was excellent.

Overall impression:
I am very happy with the gun. I plan to keep it in my EDC/Concealed carry.

Recommendation:
I think Glock listened to their customer base and adjusted based on the market is doing what their customers have said. The adjustable back strap system is a nice feature allowing users to adjust the gun to their preference. I would recommend a Gen4 if this is your first handgun or if you don’t own any Glock/parts for Gen3 and older Glocks.

DamienM
01-26-2013, 03:36 PM
I was also looking into a g19 g4 to carry.. Anyone else with input for cons?

xcrdr
01-26-2013, 03:52 PM
I carry a Gen 4 22 for work and a Gen 3 19 off duty. Equal love for both. Don't rule out a Gen 3 if you can get a deal. If its in your budget and you can find one then by all means give 4 a try. You can't go wrong with either.