PDA

View Full Version : GRNC Issues Open Letter to Barack Obama

Barrettone
01-10-2013, 10:10 PM
Release date: January 10, 2012

GRNC Issues
Open Letter to Barack Obama

Dear President Obama:

Both Attorney General Eric Holder and Vice President Joe Biden have said you are weighing using “executive action” to implement gun registration and licensing beyond even the ban on semi-automatic firearms proposed by Senator Dianne Feinstein and others.

When the National Firearms Act passed in 1934, Congress still understood that it didn’t have the power under Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution to regulate Title II weapons, so it imposed a tax – an exorbitant tax, perhaps, but still a tax. Since then, however, overbroad interpretations of its power to regulate “interstate commerce” have become the norm, and Congress now feels free to legislate gun laws.

IT’S CALLED ‘USURPATION OF POWER,’ MR. PRESIDENT

“usurpation: …the unlawful or violent seizure of a throne, power, etc.” – Webster’s Dictionary

Apparently, however, even congressional usurpation of power is no longer sufficient for you: What you now threaten violates Article I, Section 1 of the Constitution. Since you seem to have forgotten it, here it is:

“All legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and a House of Representatives.”;

Is your usurpation of power by circumventing the legislative process a bid to turn our Republic into an autocracy? What will be your next Executive Order? Will it give you another four – or perhaps forty – years in the White House?

IT’S NOT ABOUT GUNS, IT’S ABOUT FREEDOM

Do you expect the American people to take so lightly this assault on their freedom?

They won’t, Mr. President. Millions of otherwise law-abiding citizens will refuse to comply, and by so doing become criminals. But I suspect you know that, don’t you? Maybe that is exactly what you want because, as George Orwell noted in his book “1984,” government has no control over the law-abiding; it can only control people who violate existing law, such as it may be.

And what happens next, Mr. President? Do S.W.A.T. teams break into the homes of our citizens at night to confiscate arms and arrest offenders? Make no mistake: That is what enforcing this law will require.

And what happens when, inevitably, some resist? Do you honestly believe people will go peacefully into bondage? How many will die as the direct result of your actions?

There is no need to send the Secret Service to my door, Mr. President (although I suspect you might anyway). I am not advocating violence; I am merely saying what others are afraid to.

The real question, Mr. President, is whether you so hunger for power that you are willing to foment what might be the next American Revolution. Will that be your enduring legacy?

At the Battle of Thermopylae, King Leonidus I, facing demands by the numerically superior Persian army for the Spartans to surrender their arms, responded with what is now expressed as “Molon labe.”;

It means, “Come and get them.”;

who dat
01-11-2013, 09:01 AM
GRNC. Grass Roots North Carolina. Good info.

Mathias
01-12-2013, 08:56 AM
I would suggest that this letter is not how one should address the president of the United States of America.

There is respect for Mr. Obama personally, which many people have and many people don't.

And then there is respect for the office. For the next four years, this man represents America. Just like Mr. Bush did before him.

That letter would be an embarrassment to any cause.

Cheers -Mathias

who dat
01-12-2013, 09:38 AM
I would suggest that this letter is not how one should address the president of the United States of America.

There is respect for Mr. Obama personally, which many people have and many people don't.

And then there is respect for the office. For the next four years, this man represents America. Just like Mr. Bush did before him.

Cheers -MathiasJust so I'm clear, if there's any disrespect for the office, it wasn't started anywhere but in the office.

wishn-i-was-fishn
01-12-2013, 09:52 AM

Cheers -Mathias

He is a liar, a fraud, and a traitor to the constitution of the United States. He deserves no respect and will get none from me.

Wyoming
01-12-2013, 11:12 AM
There is respect for Mr. Obama personally, which many people have and many people don't. .....
Cheers -Mathias

Respect isn't to be had simply by holding an office or a title.
It must be earned.
This president has done nothing to earn any respect.
In fact, quite the opposite.

concepthomes1
01-13-2013, 10:11 PM
Grass Roots North Carolina is an awesome org and I'm proud to live in their state.

Marvin Hunter
01-14-2013, 12:13 AM
At the Battle of Thermopylae, King Leonidus I, facing demands by the numerically superior Persian army for the Spartans to surrender their arms, responded with what is now expressed as “Molon labe.”;

It means, “Come and get them.”;

For the record, I'm selling all of my guns.

My agoge has taught me the power of musterion.

sonicmatter
01-14-2013, 12:45 AM

Cheers -Mathias
Coward.

Sticks
01-14-2013, 07:27 AM

Cheers -Mathias

The only reason he is in office is because of massive fraud that began before his first term and continued into this term. I do respect the office of President but I do not respect nor support the current president.

..DETROIT..
01-14-2013, 07:39 AM

Cheers -Mathias

Embarrassment? Surely you jest? As for representing The United States of America--Mr. Obama and this "bought and paid for" corrupt government is far removed from what I grew up believing what MY President and Government should stand for--The voice of its people and NOT the funds of the few.

flytyercurt
01-14-2013, 04:21 PM

Cheers -Mathias
The oath of office of the President of the United States is an oath or affirmation required by the United States Constitution before the President begins the execution of the office. The wording is specified in Article Two, Section One, Clause Eight:
Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:--"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
isnt the 2nd ammendment part of the same constitution he swore to protect and defend? I do not think he has any respect for the constitution or the office of the presidency.