PDA

View Full Version : Not Happy!

AceOfAces
01-13-2013, 09:14 PM
I was at Top Gun yesterday, I was standing about 5 feet from the counter with the register and there were people turn in their rental weapons, well some idiot returns a rifle I didnt pay attention what kind, but I watch the worker pull it out of the case turn it sideways, so now the barrel is pointing right at me, I take a few steps to the side to avoid looking up the barrel and sure as *******, he pulls the charging handle and a round jumps out, worker tells the guy hey which one of guys who had this weapon, the guy standing there tells him his friend did, he continues to tell him, can you tell your buddy to make sure he clears the round out of the gun before returning. I ******* my pants.

My only beef is with the worker, why the hell would he check the weapon with the barrel pointing in the direction of the show room, now the show room was packed. I will not be returning there...

Kluebat
01-14-2013, 01:51 PM
I've started going to The Firing Line in Westland for my range needs. It's not quite as nice of a range as the one at Top Gun, but the checkout process is way faster. I like it so much I actually just bought a membership!

mgun
01-14-2013, 04:21 PM
I'd be pissed too. Any ten year old knows that every gun is assumed to be loaded & should only be pointed at a direction you plan on hitting.

This also gets back to completely insufficient training / knowledge verification before handing over rental guns to customers.

AceOfAces
01-17-2013, 11:59 PM
I'd be pissed too. Any ten year old knows that every gun is assumed to be loaded & should only be pointed at a direction you plan on hitting.

This also gets back to completely insufficient training / knowledge verification before handing over rental guns to customers.

I am telling you, the barrel was pointing at the center of my chest when the round popped out of the chamber... I was not expecting that...

bongi11
01-18-2013, 06:53 PM
With my experience with the indoor ranges its one of the best places to get shot period. I go to my outdoor range all winter never have to worry about anything but the wind. Safe also and by yourself. Love the winter.

AceOfAces
01-18-2013, 07:59 PM
With my experience with the indoor ranges its one of the best places to get shot period. I go to my outdoor range all winter never have to worry about anything but the wind. Safe also and by yourself. Love the winter.

You got it right brother...

SWMP15
01-19-2013, 12:33 AM
and you think it's only at that range? its at all ranges....

I had a similar experience at Top Gun with another customer.... and middle-aged man came in with his gf/fiance/wife....i was standing at the L-shaped part of the counter paying, when he approaches. The guy behind the counter starts the conversation per the norm, and asks what caliber they are shooting so he can get the appropriate ammo as this guy didnt bring his own...this is when i knew we were in for a treat.... the customer was a CPL holder. He answers and says" i dont know". he doesn't know what caliber his carry weapon was? So the employee asks to see what he is shooting.... he opens his jacked and removes the said firearm from his shoulder holster and when doing so, points it directly at the employee (LOADED). The employee obviously got pissed, quick. First Mistake. I heard and saw it all. So, i quickly grab my target and gear and head in.

No sooner than i start shooting and am reloading my mags, the couple walks in. I knew they didn't know what the hell they were doing from the get go, so i watched every move they made. Sure enough, the female now was playing the idiot.... she just got done firing what was a semi-auto pistol. The male standing right next to her. She steps a foot or two back from the firing line while talking to him and points the damn thing at his head, and there was a live round still in the chamber. Immediately i screamed, "Hey! That can't fn happen! are u kidding me? the man goes, "what, whats the problem? " i said the problem neither one of you knows what the hell your doing and ur going to get someone killed! " i said "you pointed a gun at the guy being the counter and now she pointed a loaded gun at your head". i grabbed my crap and left and told the range officer. he said was going to go talk to them and ask they leave....he then told me a time of another woman stepping back off the firing line and shot the floor...well thank God he was standing facing the west while she was facing North lets say and the bullet hit the ground, deflected up, hit the RO's pen that was in his shirt, and then hit the bullet proof glasss. if he was standing north or south like she was, he would have been shot.

Rules i follow now: if its packed at the range, i dont go. i wait til i go up north or when its not so busy bc the more people. the more chances you have to run into the idiots. and don't kid yourself, idiots are at all ranges.

:yeahthat:

Mr. Pink
01-23-2013, 10:31 PM
I would be pissed too, i hate people that dont respect a firearm like its loaded at any point. Hell my wife did that to me when she was practicing before taking her CPL class. granted the safety was on but it wasnt the point,I explained everything to here and she hasn't done it since.

RaoulDuke
01-23-2013, 11:02 PM
My dad would have throat punched me for anything resembling this. THROAT. PUNCH. Swept his foot once hunting with an unloaded 12 ga... I met the dirt, close up. HI POPS! :salute:

langenc
01-24-2013, 02:06 PM
I was at Top Gun yesterday, I was standing about 5 feet from the counter with the register and there were people turn in their rental weapons, well some idiot returns a rifle I didnt pay attention what kind, but I watch the worker pull it out of the case turn it sideways, so now the barrel is pointing right at me, I take a few steps to the side to avoid looking up the barrel and sure as *******, he pulls the charging handle and a round jumps out, worker tells the guy hey which one of guys who had this weapon, the guy standing there tells him his friend did, he continues to tell him, can you tell your buddy to make sure he clears the round out of the gun before returning. I ******* my pants.

My only beef is with the worker, why the hell would he check the weapon with the barrel pointing in the direction of the show room, now the show room was packed. I will not be returning there...

What did the worker say when you asked HIM???

Scream like hexx when someone points a gun at you--esp in a gunshop/range.

AceOfAces
01-25-2013, 01:09 PM
What did the worker say when you asked HIM???

Scream like hexx when someone points a gun at you--esp in a gunshop/range.

There was about 30-40 people in that show room, once I saw what he was doing I just stepped to the side, just to move out the way, nothing more to be said, I just walked out. I havent been back since to talk to him, I know which employee it was, I will just talk to him about it one on one... It was busy and chaotic, and we are only human, mistakes happen. I am just thankful that nothing resulted from his actions. I hate to say it, there are millions of gun owners in this country, I may be reaching but I feel only 10% actually know what they are doing. I know I am no gun expert, but the things that I know, I know them well. You should always treat a firearm as a loaded firearm, never point it at something you dont intend to kill. That is that is something my father taught me when I was 8, that is when I took my first shot, I am 40 now and I still practice. I know this is nothing new.

jmer817
01-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Something that I tell beginners is to "pretend" that the gun could shoot on its own at any time. If you think in that manner it forces you to "always" have the muzzle in a safe direction. This entails when you are loading it, handling it, passing it or whatever.

Shoots2much
01-26-2013, 12:15 AM
Its always the empty gun-

RevDerb
01-26-2013, 06:53 AM
My question is: Why do people need to post these issues here rather than taking them up with the miscreant employe and management? Do you honestly think that you accomplish anything by telling others who can do nothing about it?

scecil
01-26-2013, 08:45 AM
My question is: Why do people need to post these issues here rather than taking them up with the miscreant employe and management? Do you honestly think that you accomplish anything by telling others who can do nothing about it?
I'll be honest, I'm glad people post stories like this. I've never been to a public range, and stories like this make sure I never will!

ohrings
01-28-2013, 07:57 PM
Regard any person, inluding you own friends, as a person that could hurt or kill you by a firearm accident. What the employee did was a momentary lapse of safety. I can see the reason why. The counter is long but not deep enought to place the case the other way. He should have pulled it out to the rear of the counter, then checked it. Hopefully, you did talk to management. and also place a curse the guy who was shooting it.

usmc000830
01-30-2013, 10:56 AM
I had that exact same thing happen to me when I was in the Marines. It all comes down to firearms safety. never ever point your weapon at anyone.