Anyone Going?

JR

banjobart
09-13-2007, 10:03 AM
Nine from CCRC will be there Saturday.

Jerry
09-13-2007, 11:52 AM
Good Deal!

Are any from your group running a stage there?

I know some from LinwoodBay are running a stage....I am sure other clubs are going to also.

I can not make the State this year do to unforeseen problems.

A couple of guys I know are going and I may go for support and maybe take some pics.

JR

gsbell
09-13-2007, 01:06 PM
I'll be there working the South Kent Sportsman's Club stage.

Jerry
09-13-2007, 11:48 PM
Well I posted earlier that I was not gonna go to the State match but a call to raccoon hunters and I am in!

I hope all that are going do well!

But mostly ....Have Fun!...and be SAFE!

JR

Xenia
09-14-2007, 12:51 AM
Where is this at? I can't compete but I might like to go and observe.

Jerry
09-14-2007, 01:15 AM
It is in Romulus ...here is the link... http://www.raccoonhunters.org/

Come and watch!

JR

Jerry
09-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Well I just got back from shooting the state match and I sure had fun!

I did get to meet alot of new shooters and Safety Officers.

The whole Match was a great experience and not to mention alot of new shooting scenarios and challenges.

I dont think that I shot that well but I definately had a grin on my face most of the day! :)

If you did not get a chance to see the match today..sundays match will be starting around 9-9:30am and run till about 2pm so if would like to see some of the different types of scenarios that IDPA uses come on down and check it out!

Thanks to all the clubs, match directors.Safety Officers and to all the personell that dont get seen during an event like this and that put on this event.....you all did a great job!

Jerry

gsbell
09-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Thanks Jerry!
It was a well run match with very few problems. We did have a couple of gun issues on our stage but they were handled very well by the shooters and Match Director. I even loaned my gun to one of them so he could finish the match. Jack Allen and his crew did a great job as well as all the other clubs that came to do stages. The scenarios and props were really great. The scenarios for the most part were very straight forward so that newer shooters could complete them well and yet still risky enough for faster shooters who have to really push to win.
Also nice to put a name to a face, I know I've seen you around before but never really connected it. Also talked to mitommy for a bit as well.

gsbell
09-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Also big kudos to Chris Polk who did registration, scoring, stats and I'm sure many behind the scenes things. He did some of the fastest scoring I'd ever seen and also had frequent updates so we could gauge or performance against the other shooters. Just fantastic!

Jerry
09-16-2007, 09:01 PM
Also big kudos to Chris Polk who did registration, scoring, stats and I'm sure many behind the scenes things. He did some of the fastest scoring I'd ever seen and also had frequent updates so we could gauge or performance against the other shooters. Just fantastic!

Greg..It was nice to finally meet you!

Chris Polk is one of the behind the scene guys that really make a match like this an Event! I dont know everyone there but there are alot of others that really make a match too! I just dont know their names but a BIG THANKS again to all of you!

JR