PDA

View Full Version : First Aid Training?

detroitpua
09-13-2007, 01:07 PM
I am going to take a first aid training class soon from my local Red Cross. Not that I think any of my students will get shot or shoot anyone, but I think it is a good idea to be ready. Any other instructors here have that training?

RSF
09-13-2007, 02:09 PM
yes first aid. cpr. aed and GSW>

appliancebrad
09-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Red Cross First Aid, AED and CPR certified. I just signed up for First Responder training starting in January.

franky1
09-13-2007, 04:26 PM
i have it as well ....its always good to be prepared for any thing. just last night i was a the range and the cover that covers the line for the targets fell on another shoots head ....almost knocked him out. :poke:

antigunnut
09-17-2007, 06:01 AM
I am a Instructor in first aid AED and CPR I am going to have a class in jan if any one would like this training.

Maranatha
09-17-2007, 06:23 PM
AntiGunnut, by whom are your classes certified?

fbuckner
09-17-2007, 10:25 PM
Red Cross Is whom I am certified to administer The use of the AED and first aid.

antigunnut
09-21-2007, 10:52 AM
RED CROSS

AntiGunnut, by whom are your classes certified?

Tango Alpha
09-29-2007, 09:37 AM
Here's a suggestion for those that want more in-depth medical training:

Medical First Responder.

I'm currently taking an MFR class, and I have to say, it's the best $350 I've ever spent, and I'm not even finished.

MFR is the bottom rung on the Emergency Medical System (EMS). It goes:

MFR
EMT-B
EMT-I
Paramedic

appliancebrad
09-29-2007, 09:49 AM
I'm signed up for MFR starting in January. I've been trying to get into a class for about a year. It just hasn't been offered out here. I don't know that I'll go on any further but I want the entry level training.

Tango Alpha
09-29-2007, 01:56 PM
Brad,

It's hard to find because not alot of people know about it and therefore it's not real popular. Usually the only people that take MFR are FF and PD as a supplement, and for the most part they're forced to take it by their department.

It'll seem a little overwhelming at times, but stick with it. After you get CPR certified and go through airway management, you can do some ride-alongs with EMS. Oh yeah, got to get a TB test and HBV vaccine before the ride along too.

At the very least, it will force you to reconsider your emergency first aid kit that you keep in your car.

appliancebrad
09-29-2007, 08:57 PM
I've been RC certified for close to 20 years. About a year ago, I was first on the scene of a motorcycle accident where the cyclist ran off the road. Second on the scene was a Toledo firefighter, his knowledge and ability were wonderful to watch. I decided after that that my kit needed beefing up and I needed more training. My kit got better but the training eluded me. This past year, I've been first or second on the scene for a couple more bad ones. After the last one, I decided the only way I was going to get the training was to join our township FD. I've applied to them and signed up for MFR class. I''m sure my kit is going to get a bunch better and I'll be much more prepared.

antigunnut
10-02-2007, 10:33 AM
I AM ALSO CERTIFIED TO TEACH THE PROFESSIONAL LEVEL COURSES ie. DOCTORS, NURSES, EMT'S TEACHERS, DAY CARE WORKERS.