PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Ice Fishing Kent Lake

Cmattmc
01-17-2013, 07:52 AM
Is anyone fishing Kent Lake? I have never tried to ice fish there. Anyone having any luck there or at the surrounding lakes with public access?

Garbo
01-17-2013, 07:54 AM
I've never had luck there but i know many that have. Its one of those that you need to know the lake well. And average joe running out there with an ice cutter isn't going to likely have much success.

Cmattmc
01-17-2013, 06:41 PM
I'm fairly new to this side of town. I used to live in Roseville and would just run over to Lake St. Clair, but that quite a hike now. And before that I lived in the thumb which had no shortage of small lakes to bounce around on. Just looking for some local spots to try. I know its crazy to ask for specific spots in a public forum just looking for a point in the right direction.

Ruger
01-17-2013, 08:52 PM
Fished there for years and did fairly well at first ice but soon found that on the other side of the road is Wildwing lake/pond and although weed choked it does have several large holes that produced year after year. Pull it up on google and check the dark holes on the map and that's where I'd start!

Musta Demoni
01-17-2013, 08:56 PM
I've never had luck there but i know many that have. Its one of those that you need to know the lake well. And average joe running out there with an ice cutter isn't going to likely have much success.

Lotsa lakes like that. I've paid my dues on em. But that's what you gotta do. Lately, I've just been looking at maps and going around scouting... hit lakes that aren't real popular. Keep looking and you'll find some gems... in time.

maustin195
01-17-2013, 10:42 PM
I haven't fished it but Whitmore Lake is supposedly good.

Cmattmc
01-18-2013, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the info guys! I'll give it shot, I dont mind punching holes.

mikethepike
01-20-2013, 11:14 AM
I've fished it several times. Its very hit and miss. I've walked off the ice with 24 crappie before another trip , a few dozen perch. Mostly a bunch of dink gills and perch. You have to move alot (run and gun) in order to find them.

It gets alot of pressure all year round so the fish dont really get to grow to full maturity