PDA

View Full Version : License fee increase

Tallbear
09-22-2007, 02:25 PM
http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...7-HIB-4624.pdf (http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2007-2008/billintroduced/House/pdf/2007-HIB-4624.pdf)

Troubleshooter
09-23-2007, 06:53 AM
What a plan :banghead:

Drive away potential new hunters and the not so committed hunters that are on the fence.

With the price of ammo, fuel, and just about everything else going up the quantity of hunters should go down substantially with these increases.

I pretty much only deer hunt any more but I think by 2010 I'll be done.

Maranatha
09-23-2007, 07:50 AM
and there'll be more poaching

LivoniaDan
09-23-2007, 07:54 AM
What a plan :banghead:

Drive away potential new hunters and the not so committed hunters that are on the fence.

With the price of ammo, fuel, and just about everything else going up the quantity of hunters should go down substantially with these increases.

I pretty much only deer hunt any more but I think by 2010 I'll be done.Realistically it is only a few dollars more..... Cost of everything is going up. The DNR costs go up also..... we as hunters share some of the burden for our sport....... I don't like it either..... and right now I am not working and looking for a job, so $$$$ are an issue for me....... but.....

The fewer hunters.... the more squirrels and deer for me!!!!

JohnT
09-23-2007, 08:03 AM
I can not find on what day this increase starts. Does it have a start date some were?

Troubleshooter
09-23-2007, 08:09 AM
Realistically it is only a few dollars more..... Cost of everything is going up. The DNR costs go up also..... we as hunters share some of the burden for our sport....... I don't like it either..... and right now I am not working and looking for a job, so $$$$ are an issue for me....... but.....

The fewer hunters.... the more squirrels and deer for me!!!!

My point is the cost goes up and less people will take up the sport and many others will give it up.

With less hunters sharing the burden means the DNR will need to raise the fee's more and on and on and on.

Lower fee's mean more people buying a license = more revenue.

Kimber45
09-23-2007, 09:12 AM
My point is the cost goes up and less people will take up the sport and many others will give it up.

Yeah, it's a total cost question. Alone a few dollars more for a license is easier to bear. But added to the increased cost of gas, the cost of ammo, clothing etc. it addes up and given the state of the economy here hunting becomes a luxery for many.

Maranatha
09-23-2007, 10:44 AM
I'd be happy just to see some deer,

Tallbear
09-23-2007, 11:56 AM
I can not find on what day this increase starts. Does it have a start date some were?

This is just the bill that would "allow" the increase. It has a long way to go before the consumer sees this increase. I doubt it will happen before next year.

JohnT
09-23-2007, 12:21 PM
Thank you for the information. I was worried it was already in effect.

rxraptor02
10-01-2007, 09:01 PM
I hope the hike does Not go up soon.

I am now a non resident and they are really high... $30 for a 3 day small game.....

I want to deer hunt but not at the cost of the permits....so much for hunting in MI