PDA

View Full Version : 20 wooded acres coming up for sale...

Birchtree
01-20-2013, 08:17 PM
I have some land that is at the edge of Van Buren/Berrien counties, Covert township. 20 wooded acres. I plan to list it for sale this year on MLS, so if you want a permanent solution to finding hunting land, you may be interested in this. If we can skip the realtors and their commissions, I'll sell for $45K (firm). Paved road, it does perk, has a creek running through it (most of the year). Mix of ag and timber in area. Some value to the timber, a few thousand anyway. Could potentially consider land contract for the right person, with at least $15K down.

PM me if you're seriously interested.

Bozo
01-21-2013, 04:52 AM
If therer is some value in the wood please use a forestery manager to sell the wood for you. DO NOT use a sawmill timber buyer or a forestry manager that works directly for a sawmill. A real forestry manager will get you top dollar for it as he works on a commission basis. I saw one deal go from $3000 from a sawmill to $27,000 with a manager plus he took less trees.

Buzz_on
01-21-2013, 10:56 AM
If therer is some value in the wood please use a forestery manager to sell the wood for you. DO NOT use a sawmill timber buyer or a forestry manager that works directly for a sawmill. A real forestry manager will get you top dollar for it as he works on a commission basis. I saw one deal go from $3000 from a sawmill to $27,000 with a manager plus he took less trees.

I dont think you can stress this enough. Most case you will double your money even after paying comission to the manager.

tachilders
02-13-2013, 09:35 PM
PM sent about the land. Looking for a map of the property (maybe Bing map) to see what the surrounding area looks like. Have been looking for some land to buy and hunt.